Just TANK

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
People like Colin Cowherd are going to sh!t their pants when this Hawk team wins a lot of games next year and makes the playoffs

QWERTY

Reaction score
Id like the agree on tanking, if the Broncos are tanking as well.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Justin Herbert
Patrick Mahomes
Josh Allen

All drafted in 6-10 range

Not sure about Herbert but the other two the teams traded up to get the player.

One reason a QB is selected first over all is they are the most pro ready. Doesn’t mean they are the best.

We’ll be in the mix for a top QB without tanking. We might have to jump up a few spots to make it happen. But with Drew Lock as our QB we will not be any good.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I dont follow college football so i really dont know about the draft....Geno is not starter quality, take away the Jaguars game last year and its going to be really painful to watch the Hawks game this season if he wins out which i think he will.

They could have trade for QB if they really wanted to win. Of course thats not ideal for the future but that is technically tanking.

Which QB should they have traded for that's:

1. Available
2. A significant upgrade
3. Good enough to appease the "tanking" debate. . .
4. . . .but not good enough to demand the prohibitive contract we just made the move to avoid
5. Worth draft picks to a team that values having draft capital and has already squandered picks on Jamal Adams
6. Good

LMK which QB who fits this bill is sitting there waiting for us to grab them so they can take us to the playoffs.

I'm all for us getting Baker but not for significant draft picks and not for his salary.

rcaido

Reaction score
Which QB should they have traded for that's:

1. Available
2. A significant upgrade
3. Good enough to appease the "tanking" debate. . .
4. . . .but not good enough to demand the prohibitive contract we just made the move to avoid
5. Worth draft picks to a team that values having draft capital and has already squandered picks on Jamal Adams
6. Good

LMK which QB who fits this bill is sitting there waiting for us to grab them so they can take us to the playoffs.

I'm all for us getting Baker but not for significant draft picks and not for his salary.

That's my point, if you're not doing all you can to make sure you have the best team possible in the beginning of the season, then technically its tanking. Its the smart thing to do is just go w/ Drew and Geno and just lose with them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Generally I'd agree but this team is going to lose no matter what. So you might as well lose a couple more times and get a better pick. Going 7-10 is pointless.

So how does one go about tanking in the NFL.

Please enlighten us with your plan for tanking week in and week out. Do you do it all obvious like and just cut Lock and Geno so you have no choice but to start Jacob Eason for 17 weeks?

Or do yo do it sneaky and just call all the same run plays over and over.

That's what Pete does anyway, so no one would be the wiser.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
F sakes.

Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score

Please enlighten us with your plan for tanking week in and week out. Do you do it all obvious like and just cut Lock and Geno so you have no choice but to start Jacob Eason for 17 weeks?

We could ask Brian Flores...

OP
OP
W

Welshers

They are doing it. I'm guessing they are intentionally not getting a QB because they want to lose. Do you really think they are going into this season thinking they can win games with Drew Lock? I dunno. I imagine if there intention was to compete this year they'd have traded for Mayfield as he was the best option available and very obtainable. The fact that they didn't is clear evidence they aren't trying their hardest to win. Not sure why everyone's jumping down my throat about it.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

I couldn’t support this coaching staff and front office if they intentionally advocated for tanking a season. It would completely destroy the culture and philosophy of “Always Compete” that this organization has been building around for the past decade and more. Say what you will about some of the bad coaching choices or head scratching free agent acquisitions or other questionable calls this team has made over the years but that philosophy has been the foundation of the Seahawks under Pete and John. Tanking would make hypocrites of them all.
Isn't that exactly what they're doing by not getting a QB?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
They are doing it. I'm guessing they are intentionally not getting a QB because they want to lose. Do you really think they are going into this season thinking they can win games with Drew Lock? I dunno. I imagine if there intention was to compete this year they'd have traded for Mayfield as he was the best option available and very obtainable. The fact that they didn't is clear evidence they aren't trying their hardest to win. Not sure why everyone's jumping down my throat about it.
It's pretty clear you have no idea how PC works, his philosophy, and his competitiveness. He has weaknesses and failings, but his drive isn't one of them.

Sorry to disappoint you, but he won't be seeking to lose in any fashion. He may be setting the team up for better success later, but not through tanking; that word or idea simply doesn't mesh with his "win forever" mentality.

Besides, there's no guarantee that Mayfield, Foles, or other vet free agent will be better positioned to win than a young and trainable Drew Lock.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

It's pretty clear you have no idea how PC works, his philosophy, and his competitiveness. He has weaknesses and failings, but his drive isn't one of them.

Sorry to disappoint you, but he won't be seeking to lose in any fashion. He may be setting the team up for better success later, but not through tanking; that word or idea simply doesn't mesh with his "win forever" mentality.

Besides, there's no guarantee that Mayfield, Foles, or other vet free agent will be better positioned to win than a young and trainable Drew Lock.
Oh I'm sure they will try to win every game as hard as they can. I'm very well of Pete's always comPETE philosiphy and you can't tell players in the NFL not to try. Just look how the Jets screwed themselves out of the first pick a couple years ago by winning 2 games lol. But it's hard to convince me they think Lock is better for the team than Baker or a guy they could have drafted. They are looking ahead to next years draft, take that as you will. If they wanted to win now they'd take Baker for a year

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I'm not really up for intentional tanking - unless you're the Browns or something.

Chances of finding another 'Russ', AND, training him, and converting him, and him not going bust after next year's draft - kinda slim

Play with what we have, throw everyone in the pit, get some 'always compete' going again - if that's even possible, and worry about it next year. Ya know, QBs come up on the FA market too, right - don't always have to wait for the draft - although I DO think an economic salary for several years would be the best.

What do I know? Just don't tank. It's not worth it, and it disenfranchises the not-smart or serious fans.