Just TANK

W

Welshers

Ok, I'm gonna say it. After their best draft in a decade, it's time to tank. New reports say they really aren't interested in baker and they didn't take a qb. Drew lock is really going to be the guy.

I'm someone who has always advocated trying to win especially considering everything the front office has said over the off season about competing. But the fact is this won't be the year. Tank badly and pray for a top 2 pick to get stroud or Bryce.

If were trying to run it back like 2013-2014, it's possible we could be good the year after next. Make a run a rookie qb and then we all know the sky is the limit in year 2. Trying to win and getting 7 wins and a middling pick does nothing here.

I hate to say it, but we should tank. Funnily enough if we do all the people currently demanding we tank while still calling for Pete's head will... use losing as an excuse to get Pete fired, lol

sutz

Reaction score
Nope. No way.
No Way What GIF

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Actively choosing to lose is pathetic IMO.
Generally I'd agree but this team is going to lose no matter what. So you might as well lose a couple more times and get a better pick. Going 7-10 is pointless.

sutz

Reaction score
I can just see the first team meeting with the rooks.

"Welcome to the team guys. We're gonna try to lose 15 games this year."

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Jac

Reaction score
It'll be an interesting year. They have quite a few head-to-heads against teams that will be in next year's QB derby, including the Falcons, Panthers (despite their draft pick this year), Saints, Giants, and Lions. Hopefully Jacksonville tanks again so that Seattle has a trade partner if necessary. The Eagles have two picks (theirs and New Orleans) which may not be a materially different than a Seattle/Denver combo, and they'll have an important decision point with Hurts as well.

Nunya

Reaction score
I'm not saying a star QB isn't valuable or important, but history has shown many times that mediocre QB's can be successful in the right system. Both Lock and Geno are good enough to still be in the NFL and they both have skills. It's their mistakes that drops their value. Build a system to minimize their mistakes and there is no reason why the Seahawks could not be competitive this season. Especially if the defense greatly improves.

Last edited:

Natethegreat

Reaction score
No Pete led team would ever intentionally tank. But if they move forward with Geno/Lock as QB its what they effectively are doing. They might as well give Lock the chance to sink or swim at this point. Geno does not bring enough to the table to start over Lock. Maybe Lock decides to apply himself this year and makes a leap forward. Denver got tired of waiting and moved on. Hopefully that motivates him.

Rat

Reaction score
I'm not saying a star QB isn't valuable or important, but history has shown many times that mediocre QB's can be successful in the right system. Both Locke and Geno are good enough to still be in the NFL and they both have skills.
Geno only has a job because we gave him one. We weren't exactly fighting off the rest of the league to get him back a month and a half into free agency.

Nunya

Reaction score
Geno only has a job because we gave him one. We weren't exactly fighting off the rest of the league to get him back a month and a half into free agency.
True....but apparently the coaching staff believes he can fill the role assigned to him. Whether it is as a starter or a back-up. He did not do too bad filling in for RW last season. Can he do as well for a whole season? Maybe....maybe not.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I just am not a Geno fan. As a person? Seems ok. As a QB starting a game? Maybe wins 25% of them I’d guess. He is not the answer at all.

AgentDib

Reaction score
For me this is a moot topic because we all know that Pete will try to win every game, even if they appear to be meaningless to some. That motivation is greater than ever given that Russ thought the grass was greener in Denver. Pete would hide it well but he would be very pleased to finish with a better record.

Keep that in mind when you're projecting which players will stick on the roster, whether we add veterans, or what kind of trades we may make. You may want the team to tank, but the front office is going to be pushing for short term wins.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I don't think that Pete or this team will ever buy-in on losing. To Be honest we don't know how well this team will perform. I'm expecting a slow start then a solid mid to late season surge. Who knows? We could be a playoff team. We have a couple of play-makers and a scheme change on defense.
I'm not delusional and thinking we're going "all the way" but I'm happy to just wait and see what develops. Besides, most QB's picked in the upper part of the drafts tend to be less than advertised when they arrive in the NFL. It's a crap-shoot like everything else. There are no sure things in the QB position.
Just remember Elway was awful his first two or three seasons. Josh Allen was awful until last season. QB's take time to develop. Wilson was an outlier. We don't really know what Lock is capable of yet.
I want this team to play hard no matter the outcome. Never tank on purpose.

keasley45

Reaction score
I just am not a Geno fan. As a person? Seems ok. As a QB starting a game? Maybe wins 25% of them I’d guess. He is not the answer at all.

If you could plug in a qb, cold, in a new system and in the first 3 1/4 games he threw for :

68% complete, 700+ yards, 5 tds and 1 int, what would you say?

THAT is Geno's stat line from last year and why he's being given a chance to start. And he posted those numbers across two games where he was handcuffed by a conservative approach. And in the one game he wasnt handcuffed andnthe offense opened up, he set the franchise record for completed consecutive passes. You can call out thr Jags as beingbthe team he did it against, but hiw many other teams have done the same against them? Ask Josh Allen how bad Jax was last year - that same defesne that we trounced, crushed the Bills the following week. Any given sunday? Sure. But Geno wasnt just 'ok' in the one game he was allowed to really play, he was really good. i don't think the guy has yet shown he's a bona-fide, contemporary type franchise qb, buy he's far from a toss in, maybe win 4 games, qb.

Latest posts