Jamal Adams needs to be released

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't see Metcalf's on field issues as the same as going after a reporter's wife.

At the bare minimum Pete should tell Jamal he has to publicly apologize, or else risk sitting for a game or two. The fact that AFTER Pete said he talked to Adam's, he still tweeted out the "I go lower" comment?

Nah, that's not how a coach handles this sort of thing. Doing nothing and giving the media a hollow "oh yeah we talked about it." Maybe he did, but obviously his player didn't give a crap about the meeting.
I can handle that, at least in theory. I do think that as a salaried employee that their off-field behavior is something that an employer can and should hold them accountable for. But that's just me. I don't know how the union or league would react as they do have a personal conduct policy that this type of stuff is supposed to fall under.

Welshers2

Reaction score
So congrats Jamal, you've just cemented yourself as one of the most hated athletes in Seattle sports history.
Ok now I think this is a bit hyperbolic, it's not like the guy is A-rod or something. I think what he did is petulant and immature but hate is a very strong word

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I can handle that, at least in theory. I do think that as a salaried employee that their off-field behavior is something that an employer can and should hold them accountable for. But that's just me. I don't know how the union or league would react as they do have a personal conduct policy that this type of stuff is supposed to fall under.

Employees, corporate officers, actors and yes athletes/coaches have to make public apologies all the time for personal transgressions.

Not sure why you think this is different. Football teams have a public image to uphold, because a LOT of their revenue is generated through exactly that, fan and public goodwill.

And you know, they should actually care when one of their employees insults a woman on a public social media site. It's gross, and IMO more needs to be done than just "yeah we talked about it."

RiverDog

Reaction score
I guess you missed all the disparaging remarks and vitriol directed towards Russell Wilson's, excuse me, Me3's wife Ciara during the hayday of the that 50+ page thread. It's all G, tho.

I just think, considering the facts, that this whole thing is GREATLY overblown. Especially considering the history of some of the most vocal and loudest "Hawks need to cut his ass!" members. Some of which were sooooo against "cancel culture" back when we had the PWR forum. I suppose it all really just depends on who is getting canceled.

All in all, I think this reaction is pretty damn ridiculous, considering the "crime" (I still can't believe Jamal saing "Yikes" as knotted up so many panties 🙄) , and I assume that all of the white knighting has more to do with WHO said it. Bobby Wagner or Tyler wouldn't have got this much hate.
I think you're painting too many posters with the same brush stroke.

Speaking for myself, Adams has been on my, for a lack of a better term, 'chit list' since the 2021 season when he was the centerpiece of our 29th ranked defense and led our team to a 7-10 finish. I was against re-signing him, at least to such an absurd, market setting contract and felt that he was an overrated one trick pony.

Additionally, I have said repeatedly that my desire to see him cut has little to do with his 'yikes' remark, that my opinion is about 95% on field performance related.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ok now I think this is a bit hyperbolic, it's not like the guy is A-rod or something. I think what he did is petulant and immature but hate is a very strong word

A-Rod just left for a huge bag of money.

I think some of you guys have your priorities backwards. Things like integrity and class should matter far more than someone like A-Rod who just left cause the Rangers offered him the biggest contract in MLB history that the M's weren't going to offer.

Maybe there's some old school misogyny going on in this forum. Idk, but you guys should be far more pissed off that one of our players insulted another man's wife, and her looks? That's nasty dude.

Welshers2

Reaction score
A-Rod just left for a huge bag of money.

I think some of you guys have your priorities backwards. Things like integrity and class should matter far more than someone like A-Rod who just left cause the Rangers offered him the biggest contract in MLB history that the M's weren't going to offer.

Maybe there's some old school misogyny going on in this forum. Idk, but you guys should be far more pissed off that one of our players insulted another man's wife, and her looks? That's nasty dude.
Uh go read my post history. I said what he said is ridiculous and that the woman is beautiful. I'm not a fan of being accused of being misogynistic because I politely disagreed with you on a take.

What he did is gross. But I'm not a big fan of the word hate. This is a violent sport and players are constantly doing much more atrocious things than this. Adams is getting more hate for this comment then Von Miller is for beating up a woman.

Just stop the pearl clutching. If you're going to have zero tolerance for this stuff then have it across the board. Newsflash, pro athletes are often scumbags.

His comment was gross and mean but the the pearl clutching is a little much. Maybe you guys should look around before you call people who agree it wasn't cool sexist.

Welshers2

Reaction score
"If you don't agree that Jamal Adams is one of the most hated people in the history of Seattle sports, you're a misogynist." -Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
"If you don't agree that Jamal Adams is one of the most hated people in the history of Seattle sports, you're a misogynist." -Sgt. Largent

If you think this, then why are you arguing me and calling my comments hyperbolic.

Btw, Adams isn't just hated cause of this latest issue. He's hated in Seattle cause he's been a big ol' bag of nothing for years, and now he's off the rails.

So yeah, hated is the right word. Put his ass on the hated Mt. Rushmore for me. Dude's an embarrassment to the uniform. Get him the hell off my team.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I think you're painting too many posters with the same brush stroke.

Speaking for myself, Adams has been on my, for a lack of a better term, 'chit list' since the 2021 season when he was the centerpiece of our 29th ranked defense and led our team to a 7-10 finish. I was against re-signing him, at least to such an absurd, market setting contract and felt that he was an overrated one trick pony.

Additionally, I have said repeatedly that my desire to see him cut has little to do with his 'yikes' remark, that my opinion is about 95% on field performance related.
Then I would have to assume that it's extremely obvious that you're not in the group of posters that I am referring to. In case it's STILL not obvious, I'm not talking about you.

Last edited:

cymatica

Reaction score
I guess you missed all the disparaging remarks and vitriol directed towards Russell Wilson's, excuse me, Me3's wife Ciara during the hayday of the that 50+ page thread. It's all G, tho.
That's about as much as a false equivalency as you could come up with

cymatica

Reaction score
Serious question: Did Metcalf apologize and/or express some sort of remorse for getting into it with Sharpe? I must have missed it. If you have a link, I'd love to see it as I can't come up with anything on a search.
Yes and Sharpe interviewed him afterwards

hgwellz12

Reaction score
That's about as much as a false equivalency as you could come up with
Help me out, then, cuz I don't see the difference. The way I see it, Russ did/said things that folk took umbrage with, and, in response, some posters took shots at his wife. And they were far more disrespectful than Jamal's "Yikes" comment.

Ozzy

Reaction score

I just think, considering the facts, that this whole thing is GREATLY overblown. Especially considering the history of some of the most vocal and loudest "Hawks need to cut his ass!" members. Some of which were sooooo against "cancel culture" back when we had the PWR forum. I suppose it all really just depends on who is getting canceled.

All in all, I think this reaction is pretty damn ridiculous, considering the "crime" (I still can't believe Jamal saing "Yikes" as knotted up so many panties 🙄) , and I assume that all of the white knighting has more to do with WHO said it. Bobby Wagner or Tyler wouldn't have got this much hate.
Bobby or Tyler would never and have never done it, that is a part of the problem. If you're going to act like a corny dude all the time and then do corny shit you're going to get called on it. I guarantee Bobby saw that and said WTF is jamal doing, he's an idiot.

I'm not saying he should be cancelled, I'm saying its ok to call him an idiot when he does stupid shit, that's it. We're not talking about murder, rape or whatever but its still ok to call him out on it.

I do think people are way too hard on Wilson and I'm sure some who did it are doing the opposite here so I see your point there .

Ozzy

Reaction score
Help me out, then, cuz I don't see the difference. The way I see it, Russ did/said things that folk took umbrage with, and, in response, some posters took shots at his wife. And they were far more disrespectful than Jamal's "Yikes" comment.
I called Gee Scott out for this and he got pissed and claimed he didn't. Maybe I misread what he said but regardless I called him out for doing exactly that.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
Bobby or Tyler would never and have never done it, that is a part of the problem. If you're going to act like a corny dude all the time and then do corny shit you're going to get called on it. I guarantee Bobby saw that and said WTF is jamal doing, he's an idiot.

I'm not saying he should be cancelled, I'm saying its ok to call him an idiot when he does stupid shit, that's it. We're not talking about murder, rape or whatever but its still ok to call him out on it.

I do think people are way too hard on Wilson and I'm sure some who did it are doing the opposite here so I see your point there .
I think you and I are on the exact same page.
I think what JA did was some extremely lame sucka shit, and I have ZERO problems with people calling him out for it.

But all of this bullshit about "he should be cut immediately, blah blah blah, etc." is plumb LAME, to put it nicely. ESPECIALLY by the people here and on reddit and/or Twitter who have said worse. Triple that to anyone who was on here whining about" cancel culture" and "when did the world get so sensitive?". And they know who they are.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Employees, corporate officers, actors and yes athletes/coaches have to make public apologies all the time for personal transgressions.

Not sure why you think this is different. Football teams have a public image to uphold, because a LOT of their revenue is generated through exactly that, fan and public goodwill.

And you know, they should actually care when one of their employees insults a woman on a public social media site. It's gross, and IMO more needs to be done than just "yeah we talked about it."
What's different is the league/union's personal conduct policy. There's a defined process for this kind of thing, and it doesn't involve the team.
Yes and Sharpe interviewed him afterwards

Thanks! Not sure how I missed that.

Slick

Reaction score
Can someone summarize the previous 13 pages for me? I'm late to the party.

Btw I named my fish Jamal after Jamal Adams.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Can someone summarize the previous 13 pages for me? I'm late to the party.

Btw I named my fish Jamal after Jamal Adams.
A NY beatoff writer posted a video on social media platform X showing Jamal Adams getting burned for a TD with the caption "Yikes."
Adams found a picture of the reporters wife and retweeted that with the caption "Yikes."

I got offended and said he should be released (cancelled.) Most agree with me, some don't.

The discussion has also talked about Adams' poor play, cap hit, worst trades in franchise history, cancel culture, the art of accepting criticism, Pete Carroll's ability or inability to control the team, when is it fair game to go after another man's family, the state of modern media, and the toxicity of social media.

RiverDog

Reaction score

95% of the human population wouldn't do what Adams did. It's only the one out of twenty A-holes that can't tell or don't care where the line is.

I don't want to divert this into a RW thread, but I have to say that speaking for myself, I've always tried to make some sort of notation how Russell Wilson, for as many personality flaws that he has, is not that bad of a guy and undeserving of a lot of the crap that has been tossed his way.

But in general, I don't think people, at least those in here, have been excessively hard on him. They've had plenty of justification, starting with his dishonesty and insincerity. Plus, the man never shies away from a camera or microphone. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

And I agree with you completely, that a person doesn't have to do something criminal in order to be called out.

RiverDog

Reaction score

What's different is the league/union's personal conduct policy. There's a defined process for this kind of thing, and it doesn't involve the team.