Jamal Adams needs to be released

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Capture 2023 12 07 12 26 51

This right here is the type of blowback I was afraid of. Brad Alan Pdx now believes that Adams' viewpoint reflects on the whole team 😥

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What's different is the league/union's personal conduct policy. There's a defined process for this kind of thing, and it doesn't involve the team.

Thanks! Not sure how I missed that.

Again, we're talking about two different things. You keep comparing what Adam's did (and is still doing) to an on the field issue that DK got penalized and fined for.

Not the same.

Mike Tomlin just benched one of his players in November for saying something he didn't like.

Hell, Belichick likes to bench players just to send a message.

So yes, Pete can most definitely bench Adams if he feels like it. There is nothing in the CBA that prevents coaches from handling stuff like this internally. This is not a league issue or violation.

Hell, I'd bench Adams just cause he stinks. Bryant's healthy, put him in.

Slick

Reaction score
A NY beatoff writer posted a video on social media platform X showing Jamal Adams getting burned for a TD with the caption "Yikes."
Adams found a picture of the reporters wife and retweeted that with the caption "Yikes."

I got offended and said he should be released (cancelled.) Most agree with me, some don't.

The discussion has also talked about Adams' poor play, cap hit, worst trades in franchise history, cancel culture, the art of accepting criticism, Pete Carroll's ability or inability to control the team, when is it fair game to go after another man's family, the state of modern media, and the toxicity of social media.
Thanks for that. I'm just now getting wind of this journo twitter beef. That's a low blow I think. He could've just called the guy a peckerhead or something not thrown shade at his woman.

In summary, I think Jamal has underperformed but at the same time I wonder if he's used optimally? Feel like he could go to another team and create hell (when healthy).

strohmin

Reaction score
I guess you missed all the disparaging remarks and vitriol directed towards Russell Wilson's, excuse me, Me3's wife Ciara during the hayday of the that 50+ page thread. It's all G, tho.

I just think, considering the facts, that this whole thing is GREATLY overblown. Especially considering the history of some of the most vocal and loudest "Hawks need to cut his ass!" members. Some of which were sooooo against "cancel culture" back when we had the PWR forum. I suppose it all really just depends on who is getting canceled.

All in all, I think this reaction is pretty damn ridiculous, considering the "crime" (I still can't believe Jamal saing "Yikes" as knotted up so many panties 🙄) , and I assume that all of the white knighting has more to do with WHO said it. Bobby Wagner or Tyler wouldn't have got this much hate.
Do you really believe Bobby Wagner and Tyler Lockett would even think of doing something like this? Plus Bobby and Tyler show up ready to play pretty much every game. Tyler has gotten uneccessary hate for supposedly not rosking injury going after more yards and still didnt stoop even close to the level Jamal has.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Do you really believe Bobby Wagner and Tyler Lockett would even think of doing something like this? Plus Bobby and Tyler show up ready to play pretty much every game. Tyler has gotten uneccessary hate for supposedly not rosking injury going after more yards and still didnt stoop even close to the level Jamal has.
Stranger things have happened. But, no. Not for a single second. But that also was not AT ALL the reason for me stating that hypothetical question.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
View attachment 62336
Is this not defending it? He literally says if anyone thinks this is wrong they’re just sensitive.

Also Rob being a blogger means his opinion can’t be right? Are you defending Jamal here too? If you agree with Rob seems odd you’d point out he’s biased. Weird.
No, dont pick and choose. Go shpw whole thread then. If someone says " i think its weak from Jamal and I would not do it but at same time these bloggers, fans do worse to athletes"....how is he agreeing with Jamal?

Last edited:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
View attachment 62336
Is this not defending it? He literally says if anyone thinks this is wrong they’re just sensitive.

Also Rob being a blogger means his opinion can’t be right? Are you defending Jamal here too? If you agree with Rob seems odd you’d point out he’s biased. Weird.
Also, in your tweets you included guys like Lynch who would not/never do that like Jamal. Thats laughable to me.

Lynch seems like a cool dude but Lynch has multiple DUI's which as we know driving drunk can kill someone. He has drug and gun charges.

So yes Jamal "yikes" is way worse then Lynch per you.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Not clue what your comment about me saying I love you but your wrong is supposed to mean? He was wrong and I do like the guy. He absolutely defended it in the beginning and said its fair game. He only started walking it back after multiple people kept telling him he was wrong for doing so. So to his credit he did walk it back but he defended it repeatedly.

So when you say "don't be that guy" at least get it right. You're post makes zero sense.
Bro, you argue with that guy even if wrong. You trash Geno, Pete and will die for Russ. That is why your twitter was restarted because you were falling on your sword for Russ. When Russ has a bad game, you point the blame elsewhere or say "it was mid" instead of saying it sucked.

Yes Russ is way better then Geno to me and i agree with you on that as well. I just can say "Russ had a bad game".
However, you saying Lynch never did that but did much worse then Jamal has done is laughable af.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I will say this and be done with this discussion.

Bloggers get followings and act like they are smarter then the HC,OC,DC,etc. They get a following and destroy athletes amd coaches for clicks. Then if wrong(evan hill, most Mariners bloggers) will spin it and some wont acknowledge being wrong.

I will use the Mariners for example. These known bloggers wanted Flexen, Trammell as starters and Kelenic cut before last season and Marco. They ripped scott and JD for being "idiots" and much more.

A) They dont acknowledge they were wrong about Flexen, Trammell.

B) now they are doubling down on how dumb it was to trade kelenic and Marco.

some bloggers are very good but if you cant own up or act like smartest person in room?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Bro, you argue with that guy even if wrong. You trash Geno, Pete and will die for Russ. That is why your twitter was restarted because you were falling on your sword for Russ. When Russ has a bad game, you point the blame elsewhere or say "it was mid" instead of saying it sucked.

Yes Russ is way better then Geno to me and i agree with you on that as well. I just can say "Russ had a bad game".
However, you saying Lynch never did that but did much worse then Jamal has done is laughable af.
What does that have to do with the Jamal Adams discussion and why are you bringing that up here? And now you're making stuff up about a personal account that is flat out wrong.

And why did you say we were good if you were full of shit? Leave stuff that is outside the board outside and don't bring it here.

knownone

Reaction score
I can understand the perspective if you want to excuse the initial tweet as frustration. However, Jamal's clarification is about the dumbest thing I've seen from an adult. Writing "Yikes" on a picture of another man's wife doesn't "hurt" anything but your reputation, Jamal. And doubling down on being the kind of person that "goes lower" is pathetic.

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and Jamal set his on fire over a petty grudge.

Ozzy

Reaction score
No, dont pick and choose. Go shpw whole thread then. If someone says " i think its weak from Jamal and I would not do it but at same time these bloggers, fans do worse to athletes"....how is he agreeing with Jamal?
I already explained it. He started off defending it and then slowly started to agree with everyone after getting hammered for his take. But again don't bring personal off forum stuff on to the forum.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

This isn't an athlete vs press issue.

If the writer did what Jamal did to him? The media and public would be all over the writer. Why? Because the ACT is what we're discussing.

Not some convoluted poor athletes are persecuted by the press. 90% of them handle the press just fine. It's the thin skinned small human beings who can't take even an ounce of criticism without feeling the need to "go lower" like Jamal.

Then they claim being a victim. Nah, rise above it. Ignore it. Or hey, maybe do some internalizing and see the criticism is sometimes actually valid, and grow from it.

Ozzy

Reaction score

Actually I’m not done. You claim I trash Geno when I tweeted Geno had a fantastic game against Dallas and deserves a ton of credit. I also gave Pete credit because it seems like they used their receivers and tight ends differently and figured some good stuff out that will help him moving forward.

cymatica

Reaction score
Help me out, then, cuz I don't see the difference. The way I see it, Russ did/said things that folk took umbrage with, and, in response, some posters took shots at his wife. And they were far more disrespectful than Jamal's "Yikes" comment.
You're comparing anonymous random internet posters taking shots at Wilson's famous wife for being a distraction to a public sports figure publicly calling a reporters wife ugly because the reporter was critical of his play on the field. The reporter never even took personal shots at Adams, he criticized his play on the field like everyone else here has done. I don't see how you think those things are in the same ballpark.

strohmin

Reaction score
Stranger things have happened. But, no. Not for a single second. But that also was not AT ALL the reason for me stating that hypothetical question.
I get what you were trying to say and you are right in the sense that Jamal gets more hate because of how dissappointing his time in Seattle has been. I wouldnt know how to react if Bobby or Tyler did something like that because it would be so out of character for them.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Again, we're talking about two different things. You keep comparing what Adam's did (and is still doing) to an on the field issue that DK got penalized and fined for.

Not the same.

Mike Tomlin just benched one of his players in November for saying something he didn't like.

Hell, Belichick likes to bench players just to send a message.

So yes, Pete can most definitely bench Adams if he feels like it. There is nothing in the CBA that prevents coaches from handling stuff like this internally. This is not a league issue or violation.

Hell, I'd bench Adams just cause he stinks. Bryant's healthy, put him in.
Apples and oranges. What was said by Tomlin's player was on the field, during a game, and directed at the coaching staff. It's an insubordination issue, refusing to accept the coaches' authority. Same with Belichick.

Adams' actions had nothing to do with Pete or the team. It was a personal spat between him and a reporter that involved a one word, not obscene, not profane post on social media.

Of course, Pete can bench Adams anytime he wants, but if he gives as a reason his spat with the reporter and that he's disciplining him for it, he'd leave himself open to a grievance. Besides, like I said, Pete has to consider the possibility that benching Adams might piss off the team since he refused to bench Metcalf for something that was related to the team, ie his penalties and apparent refusal to heed the coaches' advice.

I just don't think this is an issue that should be addressed by benching a player.

"Hell, I'd bench Adams just cause he stinks. Bryant's healthy, put him in."

So would I. But if you're not telling Adams and the team that you're doing it for his insulting a reporter's wife, what's the point?

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think you and I are on the exact same page.
I think what JA did was some extremely lame sucka shit, and I have ZERO problems with people calling him out for it.

But all of this bullshit about "he should be cut immediately, blah blah blah, etc." is plumb LAME, to put it nicely. ESPECIALLY by the people here and on reddit and/or Twitter who have said worse. Triple that to anyone who was on here whining about" cancel culture" and "when did the world get so sensitive?". And they know who they are.
We see it pretty similarly.

Latest posts