Jamal Adams needs to be released

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'd bench his ass for a game. He needs to show remorse and own it, and then he can get back on. Protect the team - tenet one. Unacceptable to be talked to and then refute the HC's public statement on the situation where he tries to smooth the mess over.
I'm not sure if benching him is justified for a couple of reasons. First of all, yes, he did insult a completely innocent, almost random individual and has made matters worse by not only refusing to apologize, but doubling down with is recent remarks about going low. But he didn't use any profanity and wasn't obscene. If he called her a whore or slut, then it might be different.

Secondly, this falls under the personal conduct policy, and it's up to the league to issue discipline, not the team. Although he'd be biting the hand that feeds him, Adams could file a grievance and likely get it overturned.

And lastly, Pete didn't bench DK Metcalf for what was essentially personal conduct behavior and that directly affected the team's chances to win. How can he justify to the team disciplining Adams for a similar attitude that didn't directly affect the team?

cymatica

Reaction score
I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Oh well, I guess it’s a good thing some of your bosses, managers, etc. aren't able to read your posts on here. I would hate for you to lose your jobs and render you unable to pay the rent for your giant glass houses.
Not even remotely the same.

cymatica

Reaction score
Pete hasn’t lost the players. This was said over and over during Russ’ last years. All the former players, some of which were thought to have left because of difference with Pete, coincidentally all of sudden started coming back around after? .
Those players did indicate Pete lost them, doesn't mean it's not water under the bridge now

Ozzy

Reaction score
Nah thats not what he said Austin and you know it. The poster was saying athletes get attacked all the time and Jamal responded. The poster also said what Jamal did was wrong.

Also dont be that guy. I know your a mod here so its what it is but you also told that same poster on X, "i love u man, even if you are wrong" but then come on here and try to clown?

Rob is also a blogger. So of course he has a biased opinion.

Not clue what your comment about me saying I love you but your wrong is supposed to mean? He was wrong and I do like the guy. He absolutely defended it in the beginning and said its fair game. He only started walking it back after multiple people kept telling him he was wrong for doing so. So to his credit he did walk it back but he defended it repeatedly.

So when you say "don't be that guy" at least get it right. You're post makes zero sense.

strohmin

Reaction score
Yeah, and the last line was pretty unambiguous. But I have a clue what he was thinking about. He doesn't give a rat's ass who he hurts along the way so long as he gets back at whoever it was that insulted him. In Adams' mind, the end justifies the means.
I have no problem if he insulted the reporter but he went after the reporters wife who did absolutely nothing. That was idiotic. If he would have full on humiliated the reporter only with any kind of personal attack, I would not only have supported it but I would have applauded it. Now if the reporter went after someone who was personally connected with him then I wouldnt have a problem with what he did.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Nah thats not what he said Austin and you know it. The poster was saying athletes get attacked all the time and Jamal responded. The poster also said what Jamal did was wrong.

Also dont be that guy. I know your a mod here so its what it is but you also told that same poster on X, "i love u man, even if you are wrong" but then come on here and try to clown?

Rob is also a blogger. So of course he has a biased opinion.
IMG 0779
Is this not defending it? He literally says if anyone thinks this is wrong they’re just sensitive.

Also Rob being a blogger means his opinion can’t be right? Are you defending Jamal here too? If you agree with Rob seems odd you’d point out he’s biased. Weird.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I have no problem if he insulted the reporter but he went after the reporters wife who did absolutely nothing. That was idiotic. If he would have full on humiliated the reporter only with any kind of personal attack, I would not only have supported it but I would have applauded it. Now if the reporter went after someone who was personally connected with him then I wouldnt have a problem with what he did.
Agreed. Go back and forth with the dude, I couldn’t care less. But Jamal didn’t do that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm not sure if benching him is justified for a couple of reasons. First of all, yes, he did insult a completely innocent, almost random individual and has made matters worse by not only refusing to apologize, but doubling down with is recent remarks about going low. But he didn't use any profanity and wasn't obscene. If he called her a whore or slut, then it might be different.

Secondly, this falls under the personal conduct policy, and it's up to the league to issue discipline, not the team. Although he'd be biting the hand that feeds him, Adams could file a grievance and likely get it overturned.

And lastly, Pete didn't bench DK Metcalf for what was essentially personal conduct behavior and that directly affected the team's chances to win. How can he justify to the team disciplining Adams for a similar attitude that didn't directly affect the team?

Every player has a conduct policy in his contract, so Pete could most definitely bench Adams if he wanted. He's not taking away game checks or anything that affects the labor agreement.

But he never does, which is why this kind of crap keeps happening.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Every player has a conduct policy in his contract, so Pete could most definitely bench Adams if he wanted. He's not taking away game checks or anything that affects the labor agreement.

Jamal felt fine talking about it and doubling down after the so called meeting with Pete where Pete claims he handled it. I wish Seattle reporters had the balls to ask Pete if it was handled why is Jamal still defending what he did after your meeting with him to the media? It won't happen, Pete won't do anything and this stuff continues.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jamal felt fine talking about it and doubling down after the so called meeting with Pete where Pete claims he handled it. I wish Seattle reporters had the balls to ask Pete if it was handled why is Jamal still defending what he did after your meeting with him to the media? It won't happen, Pete won't do anything and this stuff continues.

Well hey, Jamal got what he craves right? Attention.

So congrats Jamal, you've just cemented yourself as one of the most hated athletes in Seattle sports history. That's two cities now you've achieved that lofty status.

Hopefully next year after we cut your lame ass you can go for the hated trifecta in another market.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I think your opinion on this matter pretty much represents the consensus.
It was the same story with Pete's talk with Metcalf. No sooner than they had the meeting about Metcalf's behavior did Metcalf come out and say that he wasn't changing.

RiverDog

Reaction score

I'm not sure that's the right way to approach it, at least not at this point. He didn't bench Metcalf for multiple on field behavioral issues, so how can he look Adams in the eye and tell him that he's benched because of his off field "yikes" comment? And how would that sit with the rest of the team as apparently Adams is well liked by his teammates?

But I do somewhat agree with your last sentence. Pete is a very feeble, weak handed disciplinarian.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm not sure that's the right way to approach it. He didn't bench Metcalf for multiple on field behavioral issues, so how can he look Adams in the eye and tell him that he's benched because of his off field "yikes" comment? And how would that sit with the rest of the team as apparently Adams is well liked by his teammates?

I don't see Metcalf's on field issues as the same as going after a reporter's wife.

At the bare minimum Pete should tell Jamal he has to publicly apologize, or else risk sitting for a game or two. The fact that AFTER Pete said he talked to Adam's, he still tweeted out the "I go lower" comment?

Nah, that's not how a coach handles this sort of thing. Doing nothing and giving the media a hollow "oh yeah we talked about it." Maybe he did, but obviously his player didn't give a crap about the meeting.

cymatica

Reaction score
Adams is a public figure who is essentially one of the faces of the franchise who publicly insulted someone's wife. That has a detrimental effect on the organization and the head coach.

Compare that to anonymous posters arguing about football on an Internet forum. Even for the people who aren't anonymous, show me an example of another poster going on social media and publicly insulting their spouse or family. They probably wouldn't be here much longer after that.

cymatica

Reaction score
I'm not sure that's the right way to approach it, at least not at this point. He didn't bench Metcalf for multiple on field behavioral issues, so how can he look Adams in the eye and tell him that he's benched because of his off field "yikes" comment? And how would that sit with the rest of the team as apparently Adams is well liked by his teammates?

But I do somewhat agree with your last sentence. Pete is a very feeble, weak handed disciplinarian.
Metcalf did get into it with Shannon Sharpe, he then publicly apologized and admitted he was wrong for his comments. Quite a difference between actions on and off the field

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I highly doubt that anyone actually believes that Conner Hughes' Wife is ugly, hell, I doubt that JA (Jack-Ass) believes it either, it was just a classless kneeJERK, & HOLLOW response by an INSECURE guy who can't take any kind of criticism.
Adams seems to be that really shiny wrench in the Toolbox that gets used for hammering nails into a wall to hang pictures on ;-)

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Adams is a public figure who is essentially one of the faces of the franchise who publicly insulted someone's wife. That has a detrimental effect on the organization and the head coach.

Compare that to anonymous posters arguing about football on an Internet forum. Even for the people who aren't anonymous, show me an example of another poster going on social media and publicly insulting their spouse or family. They probably wouldn't be here much longer after that.
I guess you missed all the disparaging remarks and vitriol directed towards Russell Wilson's, excuse me, Me3's wife Ciara during the hayday of the that 50+ page thread. It's all G, tho.

I just think, considering the facts, that this whole thing is GREATLY overblown. Especially considering the history of some of the most vocal and loudest "Hawks need to cut his ass!" members. Some of which were sooooo against "cancel culture" back when we had the PWR forum. I suppose it all really just depends on who is getting canceled.

All in all, I think this reaction is pretty damn ridiculous, considering the "crime" (I still can't believe Jamal saing "Yikes" as knotted up so many panties 🙄) , and I assume that all of the white knighting has more to do with WHO said it. Bobby Wagner or Tyler wouldn't have got this much hate.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I guess you missed all the disparaging remarks and vitriol directed towards Russell Wilson's, excuse me, Me3's wife Ciara during the hayday of the that 50+ page thread. It's all G, tho.

I just think, considering the facts, that this whole thing is GREATLY overblown. Especially considering the history of some of the most vocal and loudest "Hawks need to cut his ass!" members. Some of which were sooooo against "cancel culture" back when we had the PWR forum. I suppose it all really just depends on who is getting canceled.

All in all, I think this reaction is pretty damn ridiculous, considering the "crime" (I still can't believe Jamal saing "Yikes" as knotted up so many panties 🙄) , and I assume that all of the white knighting has more to do with WHO said it. Bobby Wagner or Tyler wouldn't have got this much hate.
No doubt, past actions definitely play into it. Tyler and Bobby Wagner would definitely get a longer rope because their behavior has been exponentially better throughout their time here.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Metcalf did get into it with Shannon Sharpe, he then publicly apologized and admitted he was wrong for his comments. Quite a difference between actions on and off the field
Serious question: Did Metcalf apologize and/or express some sort of remorse for getting into it with Sharpe? I must have missed it. If you have a link, I'd love to see it as I can't come up with anything on a search.