Jamal Adams needs to be released

Welshers2

Reaction score
I think this is much ado about nothing. Was he being childish? Yes. Should he be punished? No. He's hurt his brand, and his public image. That's going to cost him $$$ in the long run when a team is deciding whether to sign him or not.
And the reporter, that no one had ever heard of, is now a very popular person, and very well could move up in the world because of this.

But compared to what's happening in the real world? I've got too much shit to be concerned about to worry about a sports spat. Jamal made himself look the fool, and Rob Staton spending so much time on it makes him look like he has nothing else to write about.

Look was Rapistberger got away with. I doubt the NFL, or the FBI spent a dime investigating his time at Miami of Ohio. And where was all the "Deshaun Watson level outrage" then? If you're a talented QB, people will overlook things. If you're a broken down Safety that's getting paid too much, you're disposable.

And by the way, it's not his fault Pete and John foolishly traded for him and paid him all of that money. Don't be mad at him about it.

Jamal is a very young, very passionate person and a player that has experienced a lot of success. But no he is struggling to earn his paycheck and it's going to effect him emotionally, just like it would anybody. He reacted poorly. Nobody is going to pay the price for his foolishness more than he is. So let's forgive him and move on. That's how you improve the world. You forgive someone, give them another chance and hope that they become a better person in the long run, and that it will benefit others that he comes in to contact with in the future.

When you "Cancel" someone, you're judging yourself to be better than them, and you're turning them loose on the world and foregoing any effort on your part to make the world a better place.
Thank you for this, finally some sanity. Some of the things I've been reading fans say about this whole situation is comically over the top. People are mad because he's under-performing and it was a bad trade. Dee Eskridge caught DV charges and was re-signed, and there wasn't even 1% of this level of out rage.

Rat

Reaction score
Dee Eskridge caught DV charges and was re-signed, and there wasn't even 1% of this level of out rage.
There wasn't much to debate with that; nobody was really on the other side. I recall many on here calling for him to be cut.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Man, this thing went 17 pages.

Lemme speak on it now.

I don’t agree with Adams response to this writer. Also, the writer has a seemingly, ulterior, personal, motive for calling Adams out on a very low effort take. Wasn’t Adams best play and now possibly one of his worst well known worst plays just cause of the publicity of all this.

Don’t agree with how Adams responded.

Leave the family members out of it.

As far as the writer is concerned, he’s not much of a writer of all he said is, “yikes.”

I can see why Adams was upset but as an athlete in the spotlight, some have not adjusted and learned to have thicker skin. It’s easy for me to say cause I’m not a pro football player and nobody is judging my body of work publicly, but, I gotta assume when you become a notable NFL player, you might encounter some journalists or writers or just any one with a mouth and keyboard criticizing your work.

Kind of have to figure out how to not pay attention to the good or the bad things people say about you. Cause it will always be there and make you, and if the positive takes, “make” a person, it can also “break” a person mentally.

Don’t agree with Adams response and don’t think the writer is that great of a writer and should have added more material to what the writer ultimately wanted to express to make his cause. Seems more personal than anything.

So do I think Adams should be released. Honestly, there’s quite a few players on the roster that should not be on the roster, and there’s a few coaches that should not be on the roster. But that’s another story we are all so familiar with on dot net.

I have spoken.

Lol.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Man, this thing went 17 pages.

Lemme speak on it now.

I don’t agree with Adams response to this writer. Also, the writer has a seemingly, ulterior, personal, motive for calling Adams out on a very low effort take. Wasn’t Adams best play and now possibly one of his worst well known worst plays just cause of the publicity of all this.

Don’t agree with how Adams responded.

Leave the family members out of it.

As far as the writer is concerned, he’s not much of a writer of all he said is, “yikes.”

I can see why Adams was upset but as an athlete in the spotlight, some have not adjusted and learned to have thicker skin. It’s easy for me to say cause I’m not a pro football player and nobody is judging my body of work publicly, but, I gotta assume when you become a notable NFL player, you might encounter some journalists or writers or just any one with a mouth and keyboard criticizing your work.

Kind of have to figure out how to not pay attention to the good or the bad things people say about you. Cause it will always be there and make you, and if the positive takes, “make” a person, it can also “break” a person mentally.

Don’t agree with Adams response and don’t think the writer is that great of a writer and should have added more material to what the writer ultimately wanted to express to make his cause. Seems more personal than anything.

So do I think Adams should be released. Honestly, there’s quite a few players on the roster that should not be on the roster, and there’s a few coaches that should not be on the roster. But that’s another story we are all so familiar with on dot net.

I have spoken.

Lol.
The Legend speaketh.

Morgulon likey..

hawks85

Reaction score
I'm starting to think about all this and I'm starting to wonder if Adams is a cancer in that locker room. That dude has got a big ******* mouth already, on top of being an arrogant prick.

renofox

Reaction score
I'm starting to think about all this and I'm starting to wonder if Adams is a cancer in that locker room. That dude has got a big ******* mouth already, on top of being an arrogant prick.
I posted 2 years ago that this guy would be a cancer. Think about it:

You work someplace where there's this one guy who just isn't doing his job. He makes everybody else look bad, but is always up there yammering to the bosses and the shareholders that he is the greatest. It makes your job harder.

THEN you find out he's making 10x as much as everybody else. And all you hear from the boss is how great this guy is. You keep busting your ass while this guy keeps ******* up everything you're trying to accomplish and strutting around like a peacock.

Do you and your coworkers respect this guy? Do you like him?

If you're normal human beings, you find him loathsome.

Does anyone really think the other players like and respect Adams?

12forlife

Reaction score
Let's just cut the crap. The dude is hot trash! He can't cover a stain, rarly available, now he doesn't want to tackle, plus his shitty attitude isn't the kinda leadership we need for young guys like Spoon.

Weadoption

Reaction score
this is what’s wrong with the world. You can yes thoughtlessly press some buttons on a phone in this competitive meme tear each other down culture for a few seconds and it generates trillions of gigs of virtue bullshit on the internet.

Ozzy

Reaction score
What are the ramifications if both he and Diggs are cut? Do we save a ton of cap, or will we still be in the same position?
Boycie is back! :)

I think we take a big dead money his so we may be stuck with them or at least one of them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Boycie is back! :)

I think we take a big dead money his so we may be stuck with them or at least one of them.

Digg's dead cap hit is 10M next year. So fully expect a restructure for another couple of years, or he's being cut and we'll eat the cap hit.

Adams was gone two years ago, 20M cap hit be damned. No way in hell the current front office, or new front office wants his cooked ass on this team one more day than necessary.

renofox

Reaction score
GMs and fans seem to have a weird way of looking at dead cap hits. I noticed this last year when discussing why Adams should be cut, and it's popping up again.

Dead Money is just money that you've already paid the guy and pushed into future years. It MUST be accounted for one way or another. Whether as salary cap if he stays, or dead money if he's cut, that money is and will be on the books. When you don't cut a player because of dead money, your total cap hit goes up. The only difference is paying the hit now or in the next year(s).

Using dead money in decision making is a sunk cost fallacy. The same method that resulted in the massive money being spent on a wildly overpaid safety situation.

If you really want to just keeping pushing cap hit forward, just restructure the players you're keeping. If you do that and still need even more money from your future cap, you're doing it wrong. You'll find yourself in PCJS's current situation.

Even last year, PCJS could only afford to sign 1 top FA. They thought Jones was that guy and paid $17M/yr for a replacement level guy. But that's a different story altogether.

Boycie

Reaction score
GMs and fans seem to have a weird way of looking at dead cap hits. I noticed this last year when discussing why Adams should be cut, and it's popping up again.

Dead Money is just money that you've already paid the guy and pushed into future years. It MUST be accounted for one way or another. Whether as salary cap if he stays, or dead money if he's cut, that money is and will be on the books. When you don't cut a player because of dead money, your total cap hit goes up. The only difference is paying the hit now or in the next year(s).

Using dead money in decision making is a sunk cost fallacy. The same method that resulted in the massive money being spent on a wildly overpaid safety situation.

If you really want to just keeping pushing cap hit forward, just restructure the players you're keeping. If you do that and still need even more money from your future cap, you're doing it wrong. You'll find yourself in PCJS's current situation.

Even last year, PCJS could only afford to sign 1 top FA. They thought Jones was that guy and paid $17M/yr for a replacement level guy. But that's a different story altogether.
So we are screwed either way. Great!

flv2

Reaction score
So we are screwed either way. Great!
Adams isn't worth the $16.5M he's due in 2024. Maybe he agrees to a smaller contract but if not he'll be released. There's $10M in dead money that is scheduled to be accounted for in 2024. There's another $10M to account for and the team will decide whether to account for it in 2024 or 2025. If/when released it's a marginal decision.

Diggs contract ends in 2024 anyway. All the remaining dead money attached to him will be accounted for in 2024.

My guess is that both players will be released before the new NFL year.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Adams isn't worth the $16.5M he's due in 2024. Maybe he agrees to a smaller contract but if not he'll be released. There's $10M in dead money that is scheduled to be accounted for in 2024. There's another $10M to account for and the team will decide whether to account for it in 2024 or 2025. If/when released it's a marginal decision.

Diggs contract ends in 2024 anyway. All the remaining dead money attached to him will be accounted for in 2024.

My guess is that both players will be released before the new NFL year.
Putting all emotions aside and looking at his play analytically, there's no way that Adams should be starting let alone retaining him for $16.5M. Sure, he can get the occasional quarterback pressure, but he's such a liability in both run defense and pass coverage that his pass rushing skill isn't near enough to offset his deficiencies in 95% of the plays he's asked to defend against.

If Pete were true to his "always compete" motto, he'd bench Adams ahead of Monday night's game. But his ego gets in his way as benching him would be an admission that he made a huge blunder in trading for him then compounding it by signing him to an albatross of a contract extension.

It's primarily due to this saga with Jamal Adams that I've lost a ton of respect for Pete.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Putting all emotions aside and looking at his play analytically, there's no way that Adams should be starting let alone retaining him for $16.5M. Sure, he can get the occasional quarterback pressure, but he's such a liability in both run defense and pass coverage that his pass rushing skill isn't near enough to offset his deficiencies in 95% of the plays he's asked to defend against.

If Pete were true to his "always compete" motto, he'd bench Adams ahead of Monday night's game. But his ego gets in his way as benching him would be an admission that he made a huge blunder in trading for him then compounding it by signing him to an albatross of a contract extension.

It's primarily due to this saga with Jamal Adams that I've lost a ton of respect for Pete.
Exactly. When Pete got here, he had no problem benching and cutting guys because they weren't his guys. They were from the prior Mora/Holmgren administration.

The only acknowledgement of mistake would've been Whitehurst and Flynn. But now, you're exactly right, if they bench Adams it would be an acknowledgement of fault on the defensive side, something that Carroll just can't stomach.

flv2

Reaction score

Keeping Adams was a marginal decision this year. It hasn't worked out, but that's the nature of marginal decisions. I think Adams is still playing because the next man up isn't outperforming him in practice, or in spot duty. I could be wrong. I don't want to get into the trade or contract issues here. There are other threads for those issues and I don't want to de-rail this thread. (y)

RiverDog

Reaction score
Exactly. When Pete got here, he had no problem benching and cutting guys because they weren't his guys. They were from the prior Mora/Holmgren administration.

The only acknowledgement of mistake would've been Whitehurst and Flynn. But now, you're exactly right, if they bench Adams it would be an acknowledgement of fault on the defensive side, something that Carroll just can't stomach.
Yeah, it didn't take Pete long to cut bait with Aaron Curry, traded him for a late round draft pick and started a rookie named KJ Wright in his place.