Jamal Adams needs to be released

flv2

Reaction score
Can someone summarize the previous 13 pages for me? I'm late to the party.

Btw I named my fish Jamal after Jamal Adams.
Adams said 1 of the taboo words. People get upset when someone uses the 'Y' word. Bad things happen.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
You're comparing anonymous random internet posters taking shots at Wilson's famous wife for being a distraction to a public sports figure publicly calling a reporters wife ugly because the reporter was critical of his play on the field. The reporter never even took personal shots at Adams, he criticized his play on the field like everyone else here has done. I don't see how you think those things are in the same ballpark.

I feel like I did but I'm not sure if I responded to this.

I will just say that, for starters, the "random internet posters" (toffee & a few others who I'm blanking on atm) were doing A GREAT DEAL MORE than "taking shots at Wilson's famous wife for being a distraction", and most people being honest with themselves know that. But, whatever.

But, that does bring up an interesting angle. For everything that this whole ordeal makes one perceive Jamal as, at the very least he used his real name and didn't hide behing a burner account. He stood on the shit like a man, which is lightyears beyond what anyone can say about al of the virtue signaling do-gooders on here bent out of shape over a perceived slight towards SOMEONE ELSE'S wife.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score

I will just say that, for starters, the "random internet posters" (toffee & a few others who I'm blanking on atm) were doing A GREAT DEAL MORE than "taking shots at Wilson's famous wife for being a distraction", and most people being honest with themselves know that. But, whatever.

But, that does bring up an interesting angle. For everything that this whole ordeal makes one perceive Jamal as, at the very least he used his real name and didn't hide behing a burner account. He stood on the shit like a man, which is lightyears beyond what anyone can say about al of the virtue signaling do-gooders on here bent out of shape over a perceived slight towards SOMEONE ELSE'S wife.
I accept that. And I completely understand where you're coming from.

I admit and acknowledge that I overreacted when posting this thread. I would say that hopefully Adams learns to accept criticism going forward, but what's done is done.

You're a good poster man I respect the heck out of you. I didn't quite understand your viewpoint at first but I'm picking up what you're laying down.

cymatica

Reaction score

No he didn't act like a man at all. A real man confronts another man if he has an issue, he doesn't go below the belt and poke jabs at his wife, publicly trying to humiliate her. That's just pathetic punk ass crap. If someone at a job site pointed out my screw ups, I wouldn't tell him his wife is ugly or go online and try to insult her in a picture. Nothing manly about that.

Not to mention he is a public figure representing a sports franchise, who is getting paid more than enough to be able to deal with people criticizing his play on the field. A real man would suck it up and understand that comes with the territory. If he needs to respond to protect his ego, there are a number of ways to do it that doesn't reflect poorly on him or the team.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
I accept that. And I completely understand where you're coming from.

I admit and acknowledge that I overreacted when posting this thread. I would say that hopefully Adams learns to accept criticism going forward, but what's done is done.

You're a good poster man I respect the heck out of you. I didn't quite understand your viewpoint at first but I'm picking up what you're laying down.
✌🏿✊🏿

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
What does that have to do with the Jamal Adams discussion and why are you bringing that up here? And now you're making stuff up about a personal account that is flat out wrong.

And why did you say we were good if you were full of shit? Leave stuff that is outside the board outside and don't bring it here.
Cuz your bringing up someone that is related to me to try and clown them on a message board when you thought people wouldn't know but at same time act like your cool with him on X. I dont play that.

Thats the only reason I would have said anything in here. So, yea as a man I am telling you why i replied about it in here and only reason why i did.

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
Cuz your bringing up someone that is related to me to try and clown them on a message board when you thought people wouldn't know but at same time act like your cool with him on X. I dont play that.

Thats the only reason I would have said anything in here. So, yea as a man I am telling you why i replied about it in here and only reason why i did.
Dude are you good? I said “people on my timeline” were defending the guy, YOU assumed I was solely talking about one dude and made it personal. Then while still not mentioning anyone’s name proved you wrong by posting what he said.

And I am cool with him. We debate, argue, disagree and then will talk about grabbing a beer afterwards. You’re being a weirdo

CPHawk

Reaction score
Pete wont do a damn thing other than make excuses for him. I hope Jody steps in and does something.
What do you want her to do? She is basically the steward of the team. By Paul’s will, the team should be sold by now. F her. She is running both the Seahawks and blazers into the ground.

strohmin

Reaction score
What do you want her to do? She is basically the steward of the team. By Paul’s will, the team should be sold by now. F her. She is running both the Seahawks and blazers into the ground.
I dont care if she doesnt sell the team, atleast she is keeping it in Seattle. If you sell it to the wrong person, then they could do worse like move them to another city.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think Bezos has his check book ready the moment this team hits the market. I dont think he'd move it considering the somewhat new stadium and consistent fan base.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Apples and oranges. What was said by Tomlin's player was on the field, during a game, and directed at the coaching staff. It's an insubordination issue, refusing to accept the coaches' authority. Same with Belichick.

Adams' actions had nothing to do with Pete or the team. It was a personal spat between him and a reporter that involved a one word, not obscene, not profane post on social media.

Of course, Pete can bench Adams anytime he wants, but if he gives as a reason his spat with the reporter and that he's disciplining him for it, he'd leave himself open to a grievance. Besides, like I said, Pete has to consider the possibility that benching Adams might piss off the team since he refused to bench Metcalf for something that was related to the team, ie his penalties and apparent refusal to heed the coaches' advice.

I just don't think this is an issue that should be addressed by benching a player.

"Hell, I'd bench Adams just cause he stinks. Bryant's healthy, put him in."

So would I. But if you're not telling Adams and the team that you're doing it for his insulting a reporter's wife, what's the point?

You've been trying to say Pete can't bench Adams, not if he should or not.

At least that's the impression I've gotten with your apples and oranges comparisons. He most certainly can bench any player he wants, for whatever reason he wants. He's the damn head coach.

Adam's salary may be protected being a jackass online, but his conduct detrimental to his team in the eyes of his coaches and teammates certainly is not.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Dude are you good? I said “people on my timeline” were defending the guy, YOU assumed I was solely talking about one dude and made it personal. Then while still not mentioning anyone’s name proved you wrong by posting what he said.

And I am cool with him. We debate, argue, disagree and then will talk about grabbing a beer afterwards. You’re being a weirdo
Staton was talking to my guy. Here is what you said.

"I had a guy on twitter arguing over and over that it wasnt wrong. Rob staton hammered him even lol".

You are lying now and trying to cover up with "i said people on my TL and you assumed i was solely talking..."

Dont be a coward. Own up to it.

Also, of course you would agree to meet up for a beer but slimy people do a lot of things.

I am glad you blocked me on twitter. Stop talking to me.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
You've been trying to say Pete can't bench Adams, not if he should or not.

At least that's the impression I've gotten with your apples and oranges comparisons. He most certainly can bench any player he wants, for whatever reason he wants. He's the damn head coach.

Adam's salary may be protected being a jackass online, but his conduct detrimental to his team in the eyes of his coaches and teammates certainly is not.
Of course, he can bench anyone anytime. I never said that he couldn't. My argument is that if he calls it discipline for an off-field issue unrelated to football, he may be running afoul of the PCP which addresses off field behavior.

But I have a better idea. Instead of benching Adams, why not fine him $50K for violation of team rules then give the fine money to the lady he insulted? That would really piss him off.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Staton was talking to my guy. Here is what you said.

"I had a guy on twitter arguing over and over that it wasnt wrong. Rob staton hammered him even lol".

You are lying now and trying to cover up with "i said people on my TL and you assumed i was solely talking..."

Dont be a coward. Own up to it.

Also, of course you would agree to meet up for a beer but slimy people do a lot of things.

I am glad you blocked me on twitter. Stop talking to me.
I said that after YOU EXPOUNDED the situation. Keep the personal stuff off the main forum and if you have a problem with me then speak to me privately. Quit with the insults and tough guy act it’s not tolerated. Consider this a friendly warning.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
No he didn't act like a man at all. A real man confronts another man if he has an issue, he doesn't go below the belt and poke jabs at his wife, publicly trying to humiliate her. That's just pathetic punk ass crap. If someone at a job site pointed out my screw ups, I wouldn't tell him his wife is ugly or go online and try to insult her in a picture. Nothing manly about that.

Not to mention he is a public figure representing a sports franchise, who is getting paid more than enough to be able to deal with people criticizing his play on the field. A real man would suck it up and understand that comes with the territory. If he needs to respond to protect his ego, there are a number of ways to do it that doesn't reflect poorly on him or the team.
You totally couldn't comprehend what I wrote, apparently. Or you did and just felt the need to go off on a random tangent. Either way, I've said my piece. ✌🏿

cymatica

Reaction score
You totally couldn't comprehend what I wrote, apparently. Or you did and just felt the need to go off on a random tangent. Either way, I've said my piece. ✌🏿
Lol ok, you go ahead and defend him 🤣

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think this is much ado about nothing. Was he being childish? Yes. Should he be punished? No. He's hurt his brand, and his public image. That's going to cost him $$$ in the long run when a team is deciding whether to sign him or not.
And the reporter, that no one had ever heard of, is now a very popular person, and very well could move up in the world because of this.

But compared to what's happening in the real world? I've got too much shit to be concerned about to worry about a sports spat. Jamal made himself look the fool, and Rob Staton spending so much time on it makes him look like he has nothing else to write about.

Look was Rapistberger got away with. I doubt the NFL, or the FBI spent a dime investigating his time at Miami of Ohio. And where was all the "Deshaun Watson level outrage" then? If you're a talented QB, people will overlook things. If you're a broken down Safety that's getting paid too much, you're disposable.

And by the way, it's not his fault Pete and John foolishly traded for him and paid him all of that money. Don't be mad at him about it.

Jamal is a very young, very passionate person and a player that has experienced a lot of success. But no he is struggling to earn his paycheck and it's going to effect him emotionally, just like it would anybody. He reacted poorly. Nobody is going to pay the price for his foolishness more than he is. So let's forgive him and move on. That's how you improve the world. You forgive someone, give them another chance and hope that they become a better person in the long run, and that it will benefit others that he comes in to contact with in the future.

When you "Cancel" someone, you're judging yourself to be better than them, and you're turning them loose on the world and foregoing any effort on your part to make the world a better place.