Jamal Adams needs to be released

mistaowen

Reaction score
I was ok with the “Yikes” he posted with the reporters wife. I wouldn’t have done it but…tbh…I thought it would be a non-issue. There’s so much worse out there…

But, to refute what the HC says…it certainly elevates it to another ‘level’.

They’ve invested so much into this guy…a little respect for the team would go a long ways…
Yeah - there’s clearly a thorn still in him from NY media that he can’t get rid of. It’s not cool to attack his wife but read basically any post on Twitter and you’ll see so much worse. He definitely has hatred for those guys.

But he’s supposed to be a leader and rather than a simple “yeah, dumb move to take a cheap shot at a man’s wife, should have kept it between him and I” he doubles down WHILE ignoring/disputing his boss publicly. Just awful optics on a team already speeding into a train wreck. I really don’t have a good feeling about this locker room, been a long time since I’ve felt like the seams are coming undone.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
An owner definitely has the right to step in for this kind of idiotic conduct if pete doesnt do anything.
Yes, they have the right, but ownership is not the party that needs to invite itself into disciplinary discussions for players. That's not appropriate, and it's a step towards wanting a Tepper or Snyder type of owner. Doesn't work.

I want Jamal to be held accountable. I don't need Jody Allen sticking her nose into team chemistry minutiae.

strohmin

Reaction score
Yes, they have the right, but ownership is not the party that needs to invite itself into disciplinary discussions for players. That's not appropriate, and it's a step towards wanting a Tepper or Snyder type of owner. Doesn't work.

I want Jamal to be held accountable. I don't need Jody Allen sticking her nose into team chemistry minutiae.
Why is it not appropriate for the owner to step in? How would stepping in make Jody like Snyder? Snyder meddles when it benefits him.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Why is it not appropriate for the owner to step in? How would stepping in make Jody like Snyder? Snyder meddles when it benefits him.
Snyder meddled when he wanted to meddle. Same with Tepper. I do not want ownership to have self-interest in righting the wrongs they perceive by their own hand. Jody Allen's experience in football comes from having a rich, genius brother who bought the team. That's not a resume I'm comfortable will rooting for when it comes to dictating internal operations.

If she wants to discipline Jamal over the football leaders in the front office and coaching staff, she'll probably want a say on draft picks and other stuff. I want her in her office signing checks and letting people who've devoted their lives to the game run the team. That's the best model of ownership there is.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
People talking about having him sit out, c’mon. I get the vast majority are “offended” by his retort to a twitter response and him doubling down after being asked about but is this really where we are nowadays? I mean I guess that’s dumb to present that question with all the craziness going on outside of the game in everyday life with so many erroneous things capturing attention. Is it really that bad? Tasteful, no, but bad is also a no. Any person, let alone a media rep, can spout a comment/opinion about a player to a widely viewed platform as they choose. Any of those doing so that are tied to the media are there simply to get notoriety and attention for being the one doing so. Whether the retort is tasteful or not they should 100% know they set themselves for any receipt they receive in return. Just like Adams should as well in his replies. Getting all up in arms over twitter banter is ridiculous. Much worse things could have been said let alone much worse actions other than saying something on twitter could, have and do happen by players in the league. If twitter/social platforms were as prominent 20 years ago let alone years prior the stuff that would end up on there would be insanely crazier. Lots of other fans hate our team for whatever reason so I don’t mind at all giving them legit fuel by being the asshole/bully team but the downside is if you’re doing that we better be winning games.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
People talking about having him sit out, c’mon. I get the vast majority are “offended” by his retort to a twitter response and him doubling down after being asked about but is this really where we are nowadays? I mean I guess that’s dumb to present that question with all the craziness going on outside of the game in everyday life with so many erroneous things capturing attention. Is it really that bad? Tasteful, no, but bad is also a no. Any person, let alone a media rep, can spout a comment/opinion about a player to a widely viewed platform as they choose. Any of those doing so that are tied to the media are there simply to get notoriety and attention for being the one doing so. Whether the retort is tasteful or not they should 100% know they set themselves for any receipt they receive in return. Just like Adams should as well in his replies. Getting all up in arms over twitter banter is ridiculous. Much worse things could have been said let alone much worse actions other than saying something on twitter could, have and do happen by players in the league. If twitter/social platforms were as prominent 20 years ago let alone years prior the stuff that would end up on there would be insanely crazier. Lots of other fans hate our team for whatever reason so I don’t mind at all giving them legit fuel by being the asshole/bully team but the downside is if you’re doing that we better be winning games.
I didn't think about sitting him for just the Twitter interaction. That'd be a bit hamfisted and weird.

I only now think he should be sat until retracting and showing remorse because he openly undermined the statements of the head coach on the situation. When you violate the basic order of protecting the team first and foremost, that's when I advocate for discipline.

strohmin

Reaction score
Snyder meddled when he wanted to meddle. Same with Tepper. I do not want ownership to have self-interest in righting the wrongs they perceive by their own hand. Jody Allen's experience in football comes from having a rich, genius brother who bought the team. That's not a resume I'm comfortable will rooting for when it comes to dictating internal operations.

If she wants to discipline Jamal over the football leaders in the front office and coaching staff, she'll probably want a say on draft picks and other stuff. I want her in her office signing checks and letting people who've devoted their lives to the game run the team. That's the best model of ownership there is.
I dunno, if she wanted a say in draft picks then there is nothing stopping her and she would have done it the very minute she became owner.

strohmin

Reaction score
I dont think he should be sat but he should atleast apologize and come to the realization how stupid his actions were.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
And/or…Pete has truly lost the players as well.
Pete hasn’t lost the players. This was said over and over during Russ’ last years. All the former players, some of which were thought to have left because of difference with Pete, coincidentally all of sudden started coming back around after? This team could have packed it up in Russ’ last year when already knocked out of contention but didn’t. First ballot HOF’r Wagner wouldn’t have come back here. We have great young players but at the end of the day they’re still young. No one thought 9 wins last year and somehow people really thought more this year with the brutal schedule we have? I had us at 9 wins max again this year but 9 not being enough to get in this year. I swear some of y’all don’t realize how ahead of the curve we are with in essence we were supposed to be rebuilding. Stinks giving away games we could have pulled out when right there, especially ones many chalked to losses at the beginning of the year in Cincy and Dallas.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Best in the nation!!! Just a horrible trade...Jets fans called it too.
The Jets dumped his ass, as soon as they could for max value. They knew he was a turd.

Similar to Percy (Minnesota).

Both trades we're flat out dumb.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
I dont think he should be sat but he should atleast apologize and come to the realization how stupid his actions were.
A written PR apology is seen as just that, saving face and not really an apology. Is it going to make anything better, no, and Adams is getting lit up in receipts from many in return for it along with his play as he should expect also. The neat part about Twitter is you @ an athlete or celeb knowing most likely going unnoticed with the volume they receive but if they do retweet or give a quick reply its a surreal awesome feeling. But in retrospect if you @ one of them in criticism best believe open for a reply in receipt. Let’s not forget a NY media guy so I’m sure they had encounters prior.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
The Jets dumped his ass, as soon as they could for max value. They knew he was a turd.

Similar to Percy (Minnesota).

Both trades we're flat out dumb.
You can talk about the Percy trade for good reason and whether or not contributed as much as he could have with missing games we did win a SB that year.

CactusJack

Reaction score
You can talk about the Percy trade for good reason and whether or not contributed as much as he could have with missing games we did win a SB that year.
It was dumb from the standpoint that he clashed with coaches & teammates. Had a poor reputation beforehand.

He had an MVP type year with Minnesota. But he was such a headache that they couldn't wait to get rid of him. Which led to Pete & John overpaying for him.

Sound familiar?

Last edited:

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Adams was never strong in coverage. Not his strengths or where he makes his impact. Everybody and their brother knew this. To attack that is redundant at this point, might as well say the sky is blue. Or gray lol. We could do a better job of using him to his strengths, which ultimately will increas risk of injury by his style of play.

Classless, immature move by him. But coaches could do a much better job coaching and playing to players strengths.

Atleast hes frustrated by the results. Which is good, i guess lol. ultimately he jsut fell victim to a armchair qb/critic.
Bingo! Capitalizing on a players strengths. Damn well know what excels at along with where they are most vulnerable. Comes over and gets 9.5 sacks while missing 5 games. So the next year they drop him in cover 2 constantly and any time he came down in the box it was well known he was blitzing.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
It was dumb from the standpoint that he clashed with teammates & had a reputation beforehand.

He had an MVP type year with Minnesota. But he was such a headache that they couldn't wait to get rid of him. Which led to Pete & John overpaying for him.

Sound familiar?
Oh Im well aware of it all, that’s what ultimately shipped Golden off the following year. Yet still got a ring that year he came over, regardless of impact it happened. Still not as bad as trading 2 first round picks for Dion Branch who barely saw the field only to go back to NE for nothing and get another ring.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Still not as bad as trading 2 first round picks for Dion Branch who barely saw the field only to go back to NE for nothing and get another ring.
It was just one first round pick for Branch.

Another trade that didn't turn out so great. But the Percy & Adams deals are worse.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
It was just one first round pick for Branch.

Another trade that didn't turn out so great. But the Percy & Adams deals are worse.
Thank you for correcting. Got in tunnel reply mode lol. Sure felt like 2 with what we got or didn’t get in return. He was a holdout I believe when we made that deal. No doubt we have up a lot for Adams but also it wasn’t a doubt guy is an absolute game changer on the field prior to coming over and when first got here. The decision to drop him in cover 2 the following year was ridiculous. Last year if he doesn’t rip his quad off the bone they implement the hybrid lb/safety position for him which are doing now. Now with restructure thats even more dead cap next year if cut.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I had a guy on twitter arguing over and over that it wasn’t wrong. Rob Staton hammered him even lol
Nah thats not what he said Austin and you know it. The poster was saying athletes get attacked all the time and Jamal responded. The poster also said what Jamal did was wrong.

Also dont be that guy. I know your a mod here so its what it is but you also told that same poster on X, "i love u man, even if you are wrong" but then come on here and try to clown?

Rob is also a blogger. So of course he has a biased opinion.

Latest posts