Jalen Carter wanted in connection with car crash that killed teammate

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Carter wasn't driving the car that crashed resulting in the deaths. He also wasn't physically hurt due to his own actions.

This is in fact not even close to being as bad as Maliks accident.

It very well could of been equal or worse had things gone different, but they didn't go different.
Were you there? No. NONE of us truly knows the full details of what happened. Yet
And again, Malik was injured AFTER being drafted. So, Pete and John are supposed to predict injuries and/or guys acting stupid after being drafted? Hmmmm

JPatera76

Reaction score
So there’s a chance…

Also holy cow a huge opportunity like the NFL is infront of him… and stupid rears its head.

Guess this goes with the character issue.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The only caveat to that is I recall back in 1995, some marijuana smoking rumors came out about Warren Sapp (pretty laughable now), and Dennis Green admitted it took him off of the Vikings draft board. They took Derrick Alexander, a DE from FSU. One pick later, the Bucs took Sapp. Green considered it his biggest draft day mistake ever. Cautionary tale for sure, but in what sense. Moral high ground or your job to win football games.

Mase

Steelers passed on Dan Marino because of Marijuana rumors. Probably originated from the Dolphins :p

Mix

Reaction score
Were you there? No. NONE of us truly knows the full details of what happened. Yet
And again, Malik was injured AFTER being drafted. So, Pete and John are supposed to predict injuries and/or guys acting stupid after being drafted? Hmmmm
Didn't know I had to be there to relay the information that is already public.

"Former Georgia star Jalen Carter, one of the top prospects in next month's NFL draft, has been charged with reckless driving and racing in conjunction with a crash that killed a teammate and a recruiting staff membe"
"Details of the investigation, released Wednesday, cited evidence that Carter and LeCroy were "operating their vehicles in a manner consistent with racing" shortly before the crash."
"The evidence demonstrated that both vehicles switched between lanes, drove in the center turn lane, drove in opposite lanes of travel, overtook other motorists, and drove at high rates of speed, in an apparent attempt to outdistance each other," the police statement said.
Police investigators have determined that "alcohol impairment, racing, reckless driving, and speed were significant contributing factors to the crash." A toxicology report indicated that LeCroy's blood alcohol concentration was .197 -- more than twice the legal limit in Georgia -- at the time of the crash, according to police.
The SUV driven by LeCroy was travelling at about 104 mph shortly before the crash."

Carter was racing, and being reckless.

Carter was not observed to be under the influence, nor was Carter behind the wheel of the wrecked Vehicle.

So yeah, guess I wasn't there.
But nothing I said has not already been reported.
Your concerns with my location during the event have been noted, and will hopefully help in my alibi if anyone involved believes I was there.

Malik injured himself in an ATV accident. If you think injuring no one or yourself is worse than that, I can only take you on your opinion and disagree with it. Unless you were at both locations and have first hand knowledge yourself, as this is the criteria you have deemed a requirment.

Last edited:

JPatera76

Reaction score
My hopes are very outlandish but so are 99% of the mock boards … so mine now looks like

Anderson #5
Carter # 20

The other rounds:
No F’s left and happy for everyone else afterwards for accomplishing their dreams and goals to make it Pro.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Didn't know I had to be there to relay the information that is already public.

"Former Georgia star Jalen Carter, one of the top prospects in next month's NFL draft, has been charged with reckless driving and racing in conjunction with a crash that killed a teammate and a recruiting staff membe"
"Details of the investigation, released Wednesday, cited evidence that Carter and LeCroy were "operating their vehicles in a manner consistent with racing" shortly before the crash."
"The evidence demonstrated that both vehicles switched between lanes, drove in the center turn lane, drove in opposite lanes of travel, overtook other motorists, and drove at high rates of speed, in an apparent attempt to outdistance each other," the police statement said.
Police investigators have determined that "alcohol impairment, racing, reckless driving, and speed were significant contributing factors to the crash." A toxicology report indicated that LeCroy's blood alcohol concentration was .197 -- more than twice the legal limit in Georgia -- at the time of the crash, according to police.
The SUV driven by LeCroy was travelling at about 104 mph shortly before the crash."

Carter was racing, and being reckless.

Carter was not observed to be under the influence, nor was Carter behind the wheel of the wrecked Vehicle.

So yeah, guess I wasn't there.
But nothing I said has not already been reported.
Your concerns with my location during the event have been noted, and will hopefully help in my alibi if anyone involved believes I was there.

Malik injured himself in an ATV accident. If you think injuring no one or yourself is worse than that, I can only take you on your opinion and disagree with it. Unless you were at both locations and have first hand knowledge yourself, as this is the criteria you have deemed a requirment.
Damn Mix, relax. It's just a message board.

Mix

Reaction score
Fair enough. Regardless, he's in deep sh**
As of the reports today. 2 misdemeanors is hardly deep shit territory. "...has been charged with reckless driving and racing..."
If he takes a plea deal, it will barely register as anything at all.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Difficult to tell the impact this has on the draft some teams are incredibly tolerant of having (alleged) criminals on the team. Just look at what the Browns gave up to get DeShaun Watson.

GemCity

Reaction score
I doubt this changes his stock..

RiverDog

Reaction score
So there’s a chance…

Also holy cow a huge opportunity like the NFL is infront of him… and stupid rears its head.

Guess this goes with the character issue.
Yeah, the character issue is another subject. The guy just witnessed, perhaps contributed to, a teammate and another member of the staff getting killed in a horrible car accident and what does he do? Call 911? Try to help them? No, he booked, worried about his own hind end and got out of Dodge. Pretty despicable if you ask me.

The other problem for the team that does draft him is the ensuing PR issue they'd have to contend with.

The guy just tore up his winning lotto ticket.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, probably. We shall see........
Hard to even have an opinion on this page anymore these day w/out someone getting bent out of shape.
It certainly isn't NOTHING like some will make it out to be. But it also could be blown out of proportion.
The only point I'm trying to make it that like anything else, it needs to play out. The draft is several weeks away, plenty of things can change and he still could def. be a top 5 pick.

sc85sis

Reaction score
The problem as I see it is that he was also ticketed back in September for speeding way over the limit. It’s a pattern of recklessness now.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I don't think anything changes. Within 3 weeks nobody will even remember it occured.
Tell that to Reuben Foster. Went from top 3 to the back end of the first round after assaulting the nurse that administered his drug test

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This is a league that saw a kid drop BIG TIME over a bong mask video. So, anything is possible, as far as his stock dropping.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I already wasn't sold on him, and now even more so. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out.