Jalen Carter stick a fork in him

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I would say character is subjective, drive and work ethic now that's a different story, some guys have the sheer talent to get by in college, Curry being a physical beast there as well, very few have the physical ability that is above most starters in the NFL, they can match them, they are on a level playing field, the work and study and ability to tie it together separates them from the rest on the NFL level. Guys like Bo Jackson and Earl Campbell being the outliers, even then they both had work ethic that elevated them to phenoms. No take a guy like Walter Payton or Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice or Steve Largent, they were not physically intimidating, were not given a gift other were not but nobody worked harder and pushed themselves to a higher level then those guys, the workouts of Rice and Payton were legendary and other players that tried them could not even finish them many times.

How is character "subjective"? It's pretty easy to define high character guys as guys who think of others around them as much or more so than themselves.

Every day humans make decisions and those decisions have certain consequences as to how they affect the individual and people around them. If you consistently make decisions that empower yourself and make life better for others, that is the best you can do. Your character is revealed in your choices.

chris98251

Reaction score
How is character "subjective"? It's pretty easy to define high character guys as guys who think of others around them as much or more so than themselves.

Every day humans make decisions and those decisions have certain consequences as to how they affect the individual and people around them. If you consistently make decisions that empower yourself and make life better for others, that is the best you can do. Your character is revealed in your choices.
Some people think its ok to slap women around, it's how it should be and how you keep order in the household as well as keep them in their place, others look at it as abuse and battering. Some people look at first situation as fine it's how it should be, man of the house keeping things in line, others say lock him up he is a bully and wife beater.

Character is subjective depending on the persons opinion of an individual and the situation being judged.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I didn’t want to take the risk, I’m glad we didn’t.

As odd as it may sound, I think this kid makes waves/an impact in the NFL for a long time.

It’s just one of those situations, I believe he’d of flopped if we picked him but since we didn’t he’s gunna kill it.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I didn’t want to take the risk, I’m glad we didn’t.

As odd as it may sound, I think this kid makes waves/an impact in the NFL for a long time.

It’s just one of those situations, I believe he’d of flopped if we picked him but since we didn’t he’s gunna kill it.
You're preaching to the choir.

Jalen Carter's plight will be one of the more interesting dramas to play out over the course of the next few years, and I'm damn glad that it is someone else's drama and not ours.

Not to blow my own horn, but I got Carter's drafting right, predicting that he'd go to the Eagles, although I didn't anticipate them trading up one spot, a move that I still don't fully understand. My rationale was that the Eagles were the first team in the top 10 that had enough brownie points accumulated with their fans that they could afford to miss on such a visible selection. With all the other teams, a failure to launch could take out the HC and/or GM. It's much safer to miss on a more obscure player, like Devon Witherspoon.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
You're preaching to the choir.

Jalen Carter's plight will be one of the more interesting dramas to play out over the course of the next few years, and I'm damn glad that it is someone else's drama and not ours.

Not to blow my own horn, but I got Carter's drafting right, predicting that he'd go to the Eagles, although I didn't anticipate them trading up one spot, a move that I still don't fully understand. My rationale was that the Eagles were the first team in the top 10 that had enough brownie points accumulated with their fans that they could afford to miss on such a visible selection. With all the other teams, a failure to launch could take out the HC and/or GM. It's much safer to miss on a more obscure player, like Devon Witherspoon.
My unproven theory is that Carter KNEW the Eagles wanted him and he WANTED to go there and play on. Super Bowl team with his Georgia buddies and so he did NOT participate enthusiastically in his interviews with the Seahawks and Bears. He may have deliberately sabotaged those interviews, but not necessarily.

pmedic920

Reaction score
My unproven theory is that Carter KNEW the Eagles wanted him and he WANTED to go there and play on. Super Bowl team with his Georgia buddies and so he did NOT participate enthusiastically in his interviews with the Seahawks and Bears. He may have deliberately sabotaged those interviews, but not necessarily.
It’s a possibility for sure but there certainly some other yellow flags waving, like even his own coaches not especially hyped about him. I suppose they also could have been involved in “the plan”.

Nothing in today’s world would truly surprise me in terms of how far and deep people will go to achieve something they want.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
It’s a possibility for sure but there certainly some other yellow flags waving, like even his own coaches not especially hyped about him. I suppose they also could have been involved in “the plan”.

Nothing in today’s world would truly surprise me in terms of how far and deep people will go to achieve something they want.
I also believe Poles stole that 4th round pick from the Eagles. He was always planning to draft Wright at right tackle. It was a huge need to protect Fields, and Poles was sold on Wright after his interview and private workout with the Bears. Personally, I wanted Carter or JSN, but it was never in the cards.

knownone

Reaction score
I don't think Carter would tank his interviews, hoping to fall in the draft. There is quite a lot of evidence that he liked the Seahawks. And that scenario earns him more money than landing with the Eagles.

He probably just had terrible interviews. Teams likely pressed him on his legal troubles, lack of conditioning, etc., and he, being a young, somewhat immature adult, failed to properly prepare for the process.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I don't think Carter would tank his interviews, hoping to fall in the draft. There is quite a lot of evidence that he liked the Seahawks. And that scenario earns him more money than landing with the Eagles.

He probably just had terrible interviews. Teams likely pressed him on his legal troubles, lack of conditioning, etc., and he, being a young, somewhat immature adult, failed to properly prepare for the process.
Suppose the Eagles told his agent, “Don’t bother interviewing any team lower than #10, because we will draft him if he’s there at #10. He did announce after the Eagles interview that would not accept interviews outside the top-10. It is obvious why he wanted the Eagles, and he said so himself. They are immediately strong Super Bowl contenders and his pals on the team were surely recruiting him. He is getting a $21 million contract from the Eagles. My other theory is that, knowing his desire to play for the Eagles, they told him they’d draft him at #10 in order further reduce his interest in the Seahawks and Bears interviews.

I am not necessarily saying he intentionally tanked those interviews (though possible), but that he went into them less enthusiastically than he did with the Eagles. That’s hard to hide when you are up close and personal all day with him.