Jalen Carter wanted in connection with car crash that killed teammate

massari

Reaction score
I get that. Horrible deaths happen every day in this country when people drink and drive. That doesn’t mean he can’t learn from this tragedy and become a responsible driver and drinker. He will remember that night forever.
Guy fled the scene when his friends were critically injured. One even ejected from the vehicle. That's his true character and has nothing to do with "learning". He's a POS, and even had legit character concerns before this.

Hopefully he goes undrafted.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I get that. Horrible deaths happen every day in this country when people drink and drive. That doesn’t mean he can’t learn from this tragedy and become a responsible driver and drinker. He will remember that night forever.

I get it, but his Reaction was to run away from dying and dead people who were his teammates and staff people. Like, can you imagine a circumstance where you would do that?

And then there’s the absolute hubris of returning to the combine For among other things, interviews…But not his workout, which he’s counting on the school to provide. This school will likely Be sued for having one of their suvs taken by a staffer who raced the vehicle completely Drunk. Jalen knew she was and had a teammate, but…LETS RIDE

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I’m watching the combine and Kancey turned in the best 40 so far at 4.78. Dude is a freak

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
MSN article quote.
If you want to know what the definition of an entitled athlete is, look at Georgia defensive lineman Jalen Carter.

He was charged Wednesday with misdemeanors relating to the accident that saw teammate Devin Willock and a Georgia staffer Chandler LeCroy die in a January 15 accident.

Somehow, Carter, a top prospect in the 2023 NFL draft, was booked at 11:33 p.m. Wednesday and released on $4,000 bail 16 minutes later. He turned himself into Athens County Jail and was processed there.

A call to Athens-Clarke County Court revealed there is no night court so Carter could not have gone through that system before learning his arraignment date was April 18. He was actually booked by police.

The cost of two lives? Sixteen minutes.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Guy fled the scene when his friends were critically injured. One even ejected from the vehicle. That's his true character and has nothing to do with "learning". He's a POS, and even had legit character concerns before this.

Hopefully he goes undrafted.
Have you ever been extremely intoxicated? People do and say things in that condition that they never do sober. Like drive 104 mph. They were not all POS. They were drunk. When people deliberately do horrible things to other people when sane and sober, that’s an entirely different situation.

rjdriver

Reaction score
The biggest end of the day question is was Jalen under the influence and fled to allow time to sober up. I'm sure details are forthcoming.

What an absolute tragedy. I have a daughter in college who doesn't look all too different than the (female) victim, so it really hits home. Good people are capable of really bad decisions. Good young people even more so without the advantage of years of cumulative smaller bad decisions from which to learn. Damn, I wish she had the one night back.

Jalen effed up, but I'll withhold judgement on the severity of his behavior until more is known. What I can say though is that I love cars and I certainly did my fair share of stoplight duels when I was a teen, obviously never with alcohol involved though.

Other than one 103 year old business man sitting in his Dallas office, this just sucks for all involved.

massari

Reaction score
Have you ever been extremely intoxicated? People do and say things in that condition that they never do sober. Like drive 104 mph. They were not all POS. They were drunk. When people deliberately do horrible things to other people when sane and sober, that’s an entirely different situation.
Wtf

Yes, people who drive 104 mph drunk and run away from their critically injured friends are POS.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

The police are saying they didn’t observe signs of intoxication on Carter. Perhaps because he went to the school’s guy to sort out all the shit that Georgia players get into first.

Read this. https://www.yahoo.com/news/jalen-carter-charges-latest-accumulation-182136959.html

This guy is the most enabled douche ever. He sees His friends die, he runs Away for an hour and a half. Could have made a difference in his bac, but whatever, the cops didnt even test him. Having to pay a paltry 4000 from his nil money for bond, no problem.

Now he’s flown back to Indy combine for private interviews.

He fled a fatal scene he was involved in. He’s still insisting that he won’t work out at the combine, but at His Pro Day. Four people in their 20s in the wreck, with one dead and that veh leased to the program.Someone’s already suing and Carter just making his school highlight him adds to the school’s legal risk If only from civil suits. He could have Taken care of his workout right now but no.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
He shouldn't have left the scene. However, he came back 90 minutes later. That is not enough time to "sober up" if he has been drinking heavily. In fact, if he had just been drinking at a party or club and the accident happened when everyone left, then his BAC would most likely still be going up when the accident occurred. The police would still have been able to smell the alcohol and test him right there, even an hour and a half later. One article I read said that the police did not suspect that Carter had been drinking. If they had suspected him of actually being involved in the accident, then there would have been more charges such as leaving the scene. It does blow my mind that he left. I don't care who you are. How can you see that scene and just leave? That is what he should be vilified for.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
The police are saying they didn’t observe signs of intoxication on Carter. Perhaps because he went to the school’s guy to sort out all the shit that Georgia players get into first.

Read this. https://www.yahoo.com/news/jalen-carter-charges-latest-accumulation-182136959.html

This guy is the most enabled douche ever. He sees His friends die, he runs Away for an hour and a half. Could have made a difference in his bac, but whatever, the cops didnt even test him. Having to pay a paltry 4000 from his nil money for bond, no problem.

Now he’s flown back to Indy combine for private interviews.

He fled a fatal scene he was involved in. He’s still insisting that he won’t work out at the combine, but at His Pro Day. Four people in their 20s in the wreck, with one dead and that veh leased to the program.Someone’s already suing and Carter just making his school highlight him adds to the school’s legal risk If only from civil suits. He could have Taken care of his workout right now but no.
Two different issues here. If he feels he needs more time to be 100% focused and emotionally stable for the workout and can therefore perform better on pro day, that’s his choice.

He should have made better decisions before, during, and after the fatal race. But Lorin Cox on his YouTube channel today made the same distinction I did: there’s a big difference between bad decisions and bad intentions. People who are drunk and scared often make terribly bad decisions. Sadistic, evil people do horrible things intentionally to other people. This difference is recognized by law in the difference between reckless homicide and murder.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Two different issues here. If he feels he needs more time to be 100% focused and emotionally stable for the workout and can therefore perform better on pro day, that’s his choice.

He should have made better decisions before, during, and after the fatal race. But Lorin Cox on his YouTube channel today made the same distinction I did: there’s a big difference between bad decisions and bad intentions. People who are drunk and scared often make terribly bad decisions. Sadistic, evil people do horrible things intentionally to other people. This difference is recognized by law in the difference between reckless homicide and murder.

Two things. The police say they didn’t observe evidence of Jalen being drunk by the time they saw him. Which Means that Jalen fled to get away from these charges and or to get his legal level low enough with at least a 100 minute time frame.

Second, He’s just inviting more focus on himself at this pro day NOT just from coaches but the journos who cover them, one whose outlet broke this story already.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Two things. The police say they didn’t observe evidence of Jalen being drunk by the time they saw him. Which Means that Jalen fled to get away from these charges and or to get his legal level low enough with at least a 100 minute time frame.

Second, He’s just inviting more focus on himself at this pro day NOT just from coaches but the journos who cover them, one whose outlet broke this story already.
We don’t know how intoxicated he was during the race or immediately thereafter. Maybe after he sobered up some and/or calmed down, he realized he needed to go back and talk to police. None of us really know his state of mind during those hours, and that is why he is only being charged with the two misdemeanors that seem evident from the facts.

Maybe he is just more confident that he will perform better on pro day than at the combine. That’s the bottom line. He is going to get great attention from media no matter what he does or when he does it.

massari

Reaction score
We don’t know how intoxicated he was during the race or immediately thereafter. Maybe after be sobered up some and/or calmed down, he realized he needed to go back and talk to police. None of us really know his state of mind during those hours, and that is why he is only being charged with the two misdemeanors that seem evident from the facts.

Maybe he is just more confident that he will perform better on pro day than at the combine. That’s the bottom line. He is going to get great attention from media no matter what he does or when he does it.
#FreeHenryRuggs

cheese22

Reaction score
Yet, an hour and a half later and he's not drunk at all? Interesting. Too drunk to make a good decision about racing. Scared enough to flee the scene. But, 90 minutes later he isn't drunk at all. Making excuses is like lying in that you have to keep adding excuses to keep up with the truth.

Latest posts