Jalen Carter wanted in connection with car crash that killed teammate

keasley45

Reaction score

These are misdemeanor charges likely to result in a fine and some community service at most. With 2 months for the news cycle to churn, I doubt this does anything more than knock him from the first non-QB off the board, to the second.

Unless there was an action on his part that caused the crash of the other car.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Unless there was an action on his part that caused the crash of the other car.
Right. Beat me before my edit populated.

Judging this based on the situation as it stands today.

Jville

Reaction score
I would think all 32 teams became aware of the incident within hours of the reported incident. The charge of reckless driving and racing was likely anticipated by all 32 teams legal staffs.

Donn2390

Reaction score
For those of you who rake the front office over the coals for selecting Malik McDowell, would you actually overlook this and draft Carter? Even at 20, 15 spots ahead of McDowell?

Gets a little bit harder without the 20/20 hindsight, doesn't it?
I always enjoy your posts, it's refreshing to occasionally encounter someone with common sense...

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

WarHawks

Reaction score
Interesting how all these discussions about who to take at whatever position nearly always get blindsided by something that happens during the combine. And why is this coming out now, during the combine, instead of before? That's suspicious. I also think this increases the chances that the Bears trade with Houston and take Anderson at 2, but probably no lower than 2, since Carter may be out of the picture now. And do the Cards or Hawks take a chance on him now? Seems doubtful. My, how the worm turns.

Jville

Reaction score
This guy was at the scene of the crash that killed a teammate, police say. He fled.

Atlanta Journal Consitution article here

From the article .............. "Carter, a defensive star for Georgia who is projected as a top pick in this year’s NFL draft, left the crash scene, apparently before the police or emergency medical workers arrived. When he returned an hour and a half later, he gave shifting accounts of the wreck as an Athens police officer questioned him about whether he had been racing the car that crashed, according to documents reviewed by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution."

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Charges can be upgraded based on additional evidence. This could morph into vehicle manslaughter, etc. Carter is on very thin ice here. Those cars contained kids with extremely bright futures. These were very senseless deaths. Huge red flags for most GM’s

RiverDog

Reaction score
Now that he's been arrested, do you think that on draft day that they'll have a TV crew in his jail cell showing Carter in an orange jumpsuit with his family and girlfriend showing their reaction when he's drafted?

James in PA

Reaction score
Ok, in no particular order, top 4 now looking like Anderson, Young, Stroud, Levis/Richardson.

It will be interesting to see if the Hawks love who is left between Levis/Richardson or trade back. I think anyone else is a reach at 5.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Pretty much guarantees Seattle trades back from 5 IMO.
I don't think that happens unless it's a ridiculous amount of pics to move back. They are picking at 5 and it might be a QB

Mix

Reaction score
He wasn't driving the car that crashed resulting in the deaths.

He will be given a ticket, and community service.

Mix

Reaction score
Well, this is a hell of a lot worse than being an idiot on an ATV, which was AFTER he was drafted. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
Carter wasn't driving the car that crashed resulting in the deaths. He also wasn't physically hurt due to his own actions.

This is in fact not even close to being as bad as Maliks accident.

It very well could of been equal or worse had things gone different, but they didn't go different.