If you boo Russ, are you going to boo Wagner?

kidhawk

Reaction score
For me personally, I'd cheer Bobby his first time being introduced in Seattle as an opponent, but not after that. With Wilson, he's on offense, and he wanted out which has taken away our ability (for the moment) to be a playoff team. For that alone he deserves any boos he gets when he's introduced on MNF. After that, he's on offense and should feel the full wrath of the 12s each and every time he takes a snap.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
If I am at the 1st game of this upcoming season, I will applaud Wilson to begin the game. Mostly out of thanks for the great QB play, 4th quarter comebacks, his role in the XLVIII Championship, and the excitement he brought this franchise for 10 years. I will also cheer every time he is sacked, intercepted, missed completions etc. Why will I approach his Seahawks legacy this way? I'm a Seahawks fan first and foremost. I'm thankful for what he did in the past and I'm thankful for the bounty received that will help build this franchise for the future. The guy is a human being. He gave the Seahawks the best QB play he was capable of and did it for the better part of 10 years. He is far and away the best QB this franchise has ever had. Sure, in hindsight we know he's all about Russ and his brand. But then why shouldn't he? I give my best in my job. So does he. He wanted a change in his employment for whatever reason he felt was necessary for he and his family. Players are not fans. Football is their job.

For a 3rd round pick in 2012, we saw 2 Super Bowls with 1 win, lots of regular season wins, and a whole lot of exciting play. We also will reap the benefit of 3 new veteran players along with 2 1's, and 2 2's. Seahawks fans got the best years of Russell Wilsons career and now we get to see what that legacy and success from the bounty of trading #3 brings in terms of future success.

So I will cheer him in thanks and then every time his play helps the Seahawks. Its going to be fun.

As far as Bobby goes, its much the same. I'll cheer him at the beginning as a way of saying thank you and then cheer every missed tackle or opportunity missed by this new Ram.

Players come and go. The team is forever!

CPHawk

Reaction score
I just wish we would have pulled the trigger on a trade with the Chiefs years ago. when Pete was scouting Mahomes which pissed off Russ.

John63

Reaction score
Agreed. They both should get acknowledged with a thanks for what they did in Seattle. Once the whistle blows, they are the opponent.

NE didn't boo Brady when he came back with TB.
I agree that is how it should be. We will see.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I have no ill will towards Russ. He's arguably the greatest Hawk of all time, and helped us win a SB. He also for over a decade was a great ambassador for our team, city and did a lot of great things in the community.

How can you be mad about that?

But until he retires I will root against him. His ambitions every since he married Ciara changed from team oriented to Russell Wilson oriented. Which is fine, a LOT of players are like that, hyper focused on their bank account, brand, exposure and marketing opportunities.

Doesn't mean I'm going to be giving him some lame standing ovation when he walks out in a disgusting Broncos uniform. That makes it worse, the team I hated the most growing up.

So when he raises the 12th Man flag in 10 years and we put him into the Ring of Honor? Hell yeah, 30 minute standing ovation. But now? F that, boo his ass and hope he throws six picks a game.
Great post.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
BWags didn’t force his way out. Dumb comparison.
Lmao. Its a question.

You are right. He also picked a rival in the same division. So its not like he was all nice. Your excuse is that he is near his hometown. It is a excuse like Sherman to Niners.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Do you not understand the difference between a player wanting to stay and a player who forced his way out?

Yep. Its a question. And it seems people have more disgust for Russ then Bobby. The same people who are defending Bobby are the same people who dumped on sherman.

Hypocritical.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yep. Its a question. And it seems people have more disgust for Russ then Bobby. The same people who are defending Bobby are the same people who dumped on sherman.

Hypocritical.

Bobby didn't trash the entire organization, lied about threatening reporters and trashed his coaches and teammates on the way out.

Again, any fan who's been paying attention to how these players conduct while here and conduct during and after their exit shouldn't be confused.

Sherman's never been able to get out of his own way or get rid of the boulder sized chip on his shoulder........which while he played helped him become the best CB in the league, but has and still is his own worst enemy.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I don't think boo'ing the one QB to give a Super Bowl win is the right thing to do. I'm mean it's a fans right and all, but just doesn't seem to sit right in my mind. Bobby was loyal to the end so he of anyone especially doesn't deserve a boo..period. I had hoped that Russ would given us another Super Bowl win or two, but life's cards played out differently. I think his ego eventually got the best of him. Bottom line: Respect for both Russ and Bobby for their success in Seattle.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I probably won't boo him, but will be cheering like crazy when Taylor or Nwosu gets the strip sack fumble recovery for the TD.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe asked DK about Russ recently. This was part of DK's reply: "He's a different individual...he knows he doesn't need you or me to be successful."

I think DK meant that Russell has the will to succeed and won't ever stop striving to do it. That's a good thing. But I couldn't help wondering how far and how literally that comment about Russ knowing he doesn't need others to be successful goes. Football is the ultimate team sport.

JPatera76

Reaction score
nobody boo'd lynch when he went to the raiders... sooo whys it matter? Wags was upfront for the most part. Russ... .. .. he became a stale brand that needed remarketing in a different area and decided he was done with seattle and got all he could from it.. Me? Ill boo whoever i want. I dont mean it to bring harm, i just mean it in a sportsmanship jest kind of way.

toffee

Reaction score
I just wish we would have pulled the trigger on a trade with the Chiefs years ago. when Pete was scouting Mahomes which pissed off Russ.
Nailed it!!! But Pete didn't have what it took to trade Russ.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe asked DK about Russ recently. This was part of DK's reply: "He's a different individual...he knows he doesn't need you or me to be successful."

I think DK meant that Russell has the will to succeed and won't ever stop striving to do it. That's a good thing. But I couldn't help wondering how far and how literally that comment about Russ knowing he doesn't need others to be successful goes. Football is the ultimate team sport.
That coming from DK, Russ's best friend on the team? It was saying a lot.