If you boo Russ, are you going to boo Wagner?

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I can't imagine being the sort of twunt that's already looking forward to booing either of these two (among the best players in franchise history), who made major contributions to this team's only Lombardi Trophy.

So, booing a public figure is not okay, but calling us vulgar names is accecptable?

Just pointing out the hypocrocy.

Maui12thman

Reaction score
Boo Bobby? Are you outta your mind?
Boo Russ? Maybe cheer him at the first mention of his name, but boo him violently every opportunity until the day I die.
Russ is a most disingenuous diva who cares far more about power, celebrity and money than either God or team. BOOOOOOOOOOO!
oh and he is kind of dork and a total country club brother.

John63

Reaction score
John I was wondering if you will be there week 1 to cheer for Russell to beat us?
As I already said I will be rooting for the hawks to win but Wilson does well.

John63

Reaction score
I’m very confused by this take.

“Wanted to be something he is not” how so? Wilson has proven over and over again he can put up huge numbers in games if given the chance, and has some of the highest stats of all QBs in the last decade, especially considering how often he was sacked compared to other QBs.

Also, “burned down the kitchen”? How? Yes, we did give a concerted effort to “let Russ cook” for the first half of the season. However, the moment that faltered, Pete went back to Pete ball. We aren’t talking half a season of faltering, we are talking 1 or 2 games Wilson had a slump. That is not “burning the kitchen down”. Mahomes, Rodgers, basically all other QBs in an offensive system NOT from the 1970s are given way more of a leash than RW even was.

If you want to talk about “burning down the kitchen”, talk about Bevells endless bubble screens, schottys incredibly drawn out route concepts, Pete’s INCREDIBLY conservative and outdated systems.

We are all focusing on the wrong thing, cuz it’s gonna look real dumb booing Wilson and giving him that extra juice to beat us by 50 instead of 30. We are talking about being a 4 win team here. Calm down with the booing.

Anybody on here who had to be a QB under PC would have escaped a long time ago.
THIS^^^^

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Both players better get a standing ovation of gratitude at first. No holds barred after that. They get it. It's sports fandom.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
One thing I think we can all agree on, whenever Wilson takes the field, Lumen needs to set a new noise record. I hope that Russ can't communicate, even with his center, and that he goes home with a headache from the unrelenting noise.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Im seeing it on twitter about booing Russ and some saying they will not boo Bobby.

Why? I understand Russ wanted out and Bobby did not. However, Bobby picked a rival instead of the Ravens.
Um.... let me think....

OMFG - NO.

Bobby's fine with me. Hawks should have done him better - the ending was a bit of a fiasco - even if he should have known it was coming/etc. I boo the FO on this one. Not BWagz.

Dude showed up to work and worked hard - never bitched and led the defence. My goodness - what else could we possibly have asked - well, except for Lofa to have never torn his pec - but he'd be retired by now anyhow!

BWagz for prez.

strohmin

Reaction score
Easy, I like Bobby more than I liked Russ after 2017. Russ acts like everything is all sunshine and roses while blowing smoke up everyones a**. I stopped respecting Russ after that 2017 season. I am fine with Bobby beating us with the Rams then I am with Russ beating us with the Broncos.

rigelian

Reaction score
I can't imagine booing Bobby...with respect to Russ, it will be a game time decision.

keasley45

Reaction score
This is No-Brainer-EASY for me, Bobby has ALWAYS BEEN a 'TEAM FIRST' player, Russ is a 'ME FIRST' player.
Don't know why this is confusing.

One player never said anything disparaging about the team even though he was released with no option to return. He played hard. Sacrificed himself. Was relied upon with his unit to carry the team, yet never once lamented having to do so or claimed credit for having done it. He's never had a negative word spoken about him. Is gracious, genuine, and a sure fire hall of farmer.

The other, talked negatively about his team before he left and has since. Never carried his team to anything more than a playoff win per season... but claimed he had, despite being carried himself to his greatest success. He's lied about his desire to leave when he could have just been honest, at least afterwards. Before he left, he abandoned the notion of 'team'to the degree that he talked about how 'his side of the ball' did what it needed to. And he has without a doubt, played to his image above all else.

I'll let you figure out who's who. And if you can, and disassociate your adoration for the name on the jersey from the action, it's pretty easy to understand why one is less liked than the other... and might get booed as a result.

toffee

Reaction score
Should not boo either, however Russ was really all about Russ. Bobby was always all about the Hawks. Yes Russ was a good politician and made you think he was all Hawks "go Hawks" but he was building his brand.
The desire to build ones brand is admirable, but putting that ahead of the team was my beef.

2cents

Chevy

Reaction score
Booing Wagner or Russ is just petty. IMO Russ was justified to press Pete and John to take off the kid gloves and open up the offense. Any established top-5 NFL QB would have had a problem with Pete offensive philosophy.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Bobby had class...Russ was fake af. I dont think I could cheer for Wilson at this point. Bobby yes..