If you boo Russ, are you going to boo Wagner?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I have a question for those that feel like they want to boo Wilson. If you feel compelled to boo, were you also in the camp the past couple of years with those that wanted him gone? If the answer to this is yes, I totally don't get it. If you are willing to boo him because he is no longer a Seahawk, isn't that what you wanted and should therefore cheer that hes not a Seahawk. Just wondering about peoples mindset on this.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Why would you boo Wagner? I can understand booing Russ but then he was arguably our best QB of all time, this question makes no sense.

I think I'll be booing PC and JS.

VegasSeaHawk

Reaction score
I think the best thing to do is channel your energy against Russ by cranking up the crowd noise during the game when his offense is on the field. Nobody does that better than Seattle. Make him remember/realize he will never have that kind of home support “anywhere” he goes, ever again. It’s like KJ Wright said after being gone a year; “I just want to be back home.” Make Russ regret ever leaving, but do it the right way.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Definitely booing russ. His weak 2 sentence thank you was a joke. Wager I won’t boo. Not rooting for the rams but wager is home in cali I can’t blame him. I hope we break the noise record and Russ can’t hear

Throwdown

Reaction score
I have a question for those that feel like they want to boo Wilson. If you feel compelled to boo, were you also in the camp the past couple of years with those that wanted him gone? If the answer to this is yes, I totally don't get it. If you are willing to boo him because he is no longer a Seahawk, isn't that what you wanted and should therefore cheer that hes not a Seahawk. Just wondering about peoples mindset on this.

I feel like I’ve been over this a billion times. Russ wanted to be something he is not, and threw a bitch fit about it, we gave him the chance to cook and he burned down the kitchen and when we had another first round exit on his shoulders he blamed the team around him, with zero self awareness.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score

I've never boo'd a player and didn't think that I'd ever want to, but in this situation, I feel differently. It isn't classy or nice, but it's my opinion.

I'm not irked that he left (because people change) but it's his behaviour and play the two previous years that have my panties in a bunch.

He HAD to have that big contract, but his performance dropped off after he got it. From an economic stand point, I didn't think his on field pressence equaled what we gave up to keep him happy. Meanwhile us frustrated fans were wondering what was going on...

I assessed his indifference to being distracted but I now think he just wasn't intersted. He was paid to be engaged but didnt make much of an effort while having the nerve to draw fire on to his teammates.

I think that he's ungrateful. As much as he did for the Seahawks, he got equal (or more) in return. What if h'e been drafted by a different team? Would he sitll have his ring? The WP Man of the Year - which the Seahawks nominated him twice for - plus the opportunity to show his skills on national TV so often? It was a two way street and he benefited greatly. Yet, I feel like he's re-writing history to make himself out to be the hero.

His exit out of Seattle was lightning quick too. If he loved the city as much as he indicated in his pressers, why does it appear that he couldn't wait to leave? Another of his constant lip service topics contridicting his actions....

So, yes, he would be the first - and probably only - performer I would boo.

misfit

Reaction score
So are we cheering for Wagz when he makes plays :unsure:

nanomoz

Reaction score
I can't imagine being the sort of twunt that's already looking forward to booing either of these two (among the best players in franchise history), who made major contributions to this team's only Lombardi Trophy.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I feel like I’ve been over this a billion times. Russ wanted to be something he is not, and threw a bitch fit about it, we gave him the chance to cook and he burned down the kitchen and when we had another first round exit on his shoulders he blamed the team around him, with zero self awareness.
I’m very confused by this take.

“Wanted to be something he is not” how so? Wilson has proven over and over again he can put up huge numbers in games if given the chance, and has some of the highest stats of all QBs in the last decade, especially considering how often he was sacked compared to other QBs.

Also, “burned down the kitchen”? How? Yes, we did give a concerted effort to “let Russ cook” for the first half of the season. However, the moment that faltered, Pete went back to Pete ball. We aren’t talking half a season of faltering, we are talking 1 or 2 games Wilson had a slump. That is not “burning the kitchen down”. Mahomes, Rodgers, basically all other QBs in an offensive system NOT from the 1970s are given way more of a leash than RW even was.

If you want to talk about “burning down the kitchen”, talk about Bevells endless bubble screens, schottys incredibly drawn out route concepts, Pete’s INCREDIBLY conservative and outdated systems.

We are all focusing on the wrong thing, cuz it’s gonna look real dumb booing Wilson and giving him that extra juice to beat us by 50 instead of 30. We are talking about being a 4 win team here. Calm down with the booing.

Anybody on here who had to be a QB under PC would have escaped a long time ago.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I’m very confused by this take.

“Wanted to be something he is not” how so? Wilson has proven over and over again he can put up huge numbers in games if given the chance, and has some of the highest stats of all QBs in the last decade, especially considering how often he was sacked compared to other QBs.

Also, “burned down the kitchen”? How? Yes, we did give a concerted effort to “let Russ cook” for the first half of the season. However, the moment that faltered, Pete went back to Pete ball. We aren’t talking half a season of faltering, we are talking 1 or 2 games Wilson had a slump. That is not “burning the kitchen down”. Mahomes, Rodgers, basically all other QBs in an offensive system NOT from the 1970s are given way more of a leash than RW even was.

If you want to talk about “burning down the kitchen”, talk about Bevells endless bubble screens, schottys incredibly drawn out route concepts, Pete’s INCREDIBLY conservative and outdated systems.

We are all focusing on the wrong thing, cuz it’s gonna look real dumb booing Wilson and giving him that extra juice to beat us by 50 instead of 30. We are talking about being a 4 win team here. Calm down with the booing.

Anybody on here who had to be a QB under PC would have escaped a long time ago.

Russ needs a run game. He didn’t want it, as soon as teams started showing two high, his inability to throw over the middle it becomes an issue, and you need to run. Russ didn’t want it.

Hotchy

Reaction score
This post makes me laugh. It's freakn' sports!!! I would think Russ would expect to hear some boos. I'm going to start laughing when fans boo because it's funny. Russ is a big boy and I'm sure he understands. He is now the enemy, and im glad he's gone because he didnt want to be here any longer. But when he retires, I will remember his moments fondly.
And Tom Brady does not get booed because he has accomplished quite a bit more than Russ...or anybody for that matter. All NE fans became part-time TB fans.
Wagz doesn't get booed because he was a blue collar type of leader for one of the best defenses of all time. He also wanted to stay, so I'm kind of against the Hawks for not working it out. And as unfair as it is , the QB is always going to get the most love but also the most hate when things like play and team commitment sour.

BASF

Reaction score
I am very confused by this take. The "one or two games where Wilson had a slump" was actually five games where Wilson was forcing throws where he should not have. Those five games were during a six game span. In the outlier of those six games, it worked spectacularly against the Niners even though they had a very good pass defense (but they had little pass rush with injuries). It also worked against the poor pass defenses of Miami and Minnesota who were still able to intercept forced throws from Wilson. Then we faced good pass defenses that had good pass rushes. In those three games Wilson did not simply have a slump. He was baited into making throws that should not have been made by a future hall of famer. Some of them were as I described at the time, pure hubris.

So, with the second half of the season seeing better defenses with better pass rushes Carroll makes the decision after five of six games of Wilson making poor decisions, three of which we lost (and with home field advantage on the line) to play more conservatively against better defenses. Oh the horror for anyone who wants to win their fantasy league, but not for an NFL team that actually wants to win games. We won six of our last seven games. In the one game that we did lose in this span was back to playing "Let Russ cook." We eschewed the running game in the first three drives and Wilson was struggling reading the defense and making throws. So many people do not seem to understand that it is the quarterbacks responsibility to read where the pressure is coming from and check down into that area.