How soon?

The next QB to win a Playoff Game for the Seahawks is :

• Total voters

Mase

Reaction score
- I thought about making the question who will QB our next Super Bowl win, but this is more a barometer of how we feel about right now.

Mase

flv2

Reaction score
Only 6-8 teams win at least 1 playoff game in any given season. I don't think the Seahawks are a top 8 team for 2024 so I don't expect them to win a playoff game this year. I'm not sure Smith will be with the team beyond 2024 so if I voted it would be for Howell or still in college. I haven't voted and if I voted that way without explanation it would be construed as trolling. For what it's worth i'm a fan of Howell. I hope the Seahawks can unlock his potential.

OP
OP
M

Mase

Reaction score
- I really wanted to vote for Geno, as I am a believer in defense, and if it can come together a bit this year, I give us a punchers chance of making the playoffs and maybe winning a game.

- But I voted for Howell, as it covers a win this year should Geno get hurt or replaced. And covers the next couple of years. I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell we are bad enough to get an early QB. There is only one Denver out there, and I would think they have had enough of calls from us.

Mase

BlueTalon

Reaction score
There is only one Denver out there, and I would think they have had enough of calls from us.
I dunno, I would have thought they'd have stopped trading with us already, but here we are in this draft this year with a Denver trade. It seems like they're our huckleberry.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
If everything falls in place for the Hawks in terms of coaching and personnel then perhaps they have a shot to win a WC game in 2025. However, we're more likely talking about the 2026 playoffs, in which case it's probably still Geno but could possibly be Sam and very unlikely to be a rookie QB. I doubt they trade for a valuable vet QB considering the cost of doing that.

Last edited:

morgulon1

Reaction score
If everything falls in place for the Hawks in terms of coaching and personnel then perhaps they have a shot to win a WC game in 2025. However, we're more likely talking about the 2026 playoffs, in which case it's probably still Geno but could possibly be Sam and very unlikely to be a rookie QB. I doubt they trade for a valuable vet QB considering the cost of doing that.
I could see them going out and getting another 1st or 2nd round reclamation project. Some dude with pedigree and natural skill but had his first 3 seasons with 3 different coordinators on a shite team.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I answered Geno Smith because I ain't no quitter.

I actually do think we could get close if we put together a team like Detroit's. That culture, that attitude, that physical play. I think Geno is at least as talented as Goff is, straight up.

Geno also apparently has the clutch gene. Developed it as his confidence grew. All bets are off if we build a winning team around him.

That being said...

Realistically, Super Bowls... they're hard to win, man. You gotta get real lucky somewhere along the way. If I had to guess in a purely objective manner, I would bet against us getting one in the next 10 years. Just the numbers game of it all.

You know how it feels like its been forever since we've seen our guys in the big game?

There have been 22 Super Bowls since the divisional realignment. Seattle has appeared in 3. We have appeared in over 10% of the Super Bowls that have taken place since we've been in the NFC West. Since Lumen was opened. It gets worse, my guys. There are 32 teams fighting each year, and a LOT has to fall in place.

EDIT: I misread and thought it was Super Bowl instead of playoff game. I think Geno notches a playoff win before his time is up.

Last edited:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I voted Sam Howell because I believe that Geno truly has only this season to deliver a playoff win before he is cut. I assess Geno being the team's QB in a playoff win this year as being very unlikely, because of all the personnel and coaching changes.

I also believe that the defense will make significant gains this season and will continue to improve going into the 2025 season.

Assuming Sam Howell is still on the roster, he'll likely be the starting QB in 2025 even if we draft a QB that year. The odds of drafting a QB in the 1st or 2nd round in 2025 and having that QB win a playoff game in his rookie (or sophomore year) is extremely unlikely.

seahawks08

Reaction score
If we get to pick between 1 and 5 next year, the Hawks might sell the farm to get someone like Patrick Mahomes and coach him up until season 2. Having an OC from college having tendencies to put the ball in the air, they will push for a QB.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Geno.

Hawks should have made the playoffs last year. Mike will push this team to play their best. I think it wins 11 games.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Kid is probably in high school right now. It isn't going to be Smith or Howell.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Probably whoever we get with our likely top-5 pick next year.
you don't see the defense being significantly better this season? we have essentially the same guys at the skill positions, and we improved the o line. How did we get worse?

Latest posts