• Fire Pete, John, Trade Wilson

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Fire John and Trade Wilson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire John

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Trade Wilson

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Do nothing, stay the course, let the process work itself out.

Votes: 16 16.8%

• Total voters

Krangthebrain

Reaction score
Heh I hope the Seahawks trade Wilson and keep Schneider and Carroll. :p

As a Cardinals fan, I've been watching the Seahawks get less talented every year and Wilson get better and better.

You guys may disagree, but Schneider has been living off of his early success for years and hasn't come close to replicating his early success. Carroll is very rigid and the Seahawks formula really only works if you play great defense and run the ball really well. Well your defense is currently on pace to be the WORST DEFENSE OF ALL TIME.

Why is it bad? When I watch, I see tons of bad players. I know that you guys probably don't want to hear that, but I see lots of players that wouldn't start on the Cardinals or Rams.

It's much easier to find a good GM/Coach than to find a good QB.

Fade

Reaction score
It was the year 2020, despite having the worst defense in NFL history, the Seahawks were 5-0, led by Russell Wilson who was having the greatest QB season in NFL history.

Then Pete signed a 5 year extension. They haven't been the same since.

1) Fire Pete.

2) Elevate JS to real GM, not Pete's puppet that has to constantly clean up his mess in the later rounds.

3) JS along with Vulcan hire a new Offensive Head Coach, preferably the same offensive system that Waldron has brought with him, but if he has to go then so be it. Damn near half the league runs this system so their should be a litany of candidates.

4) Keep Russ unless it is irreconcilable. Wilson has another 8 years of elite play in him with the right coach.

5) Hire a DC that will mask coverage and play aggressive. Preferably a blitz heavy 3-4 as it fits Jamal Adams skillset.

With Russell Wilson it can be turned around in a season or two. Without Russell Wilson JS has to find a way to hit on another franchise QB and you're looking at 3-4 years.

===========

If Pete stays, he will cut corners, trade Wilson for picks, turnaround and flip those picks for another QB. The defense will still suck, and the weight of having to pull games out of his ass will fall on the new QB. He won't, perennial 7-10 at best.

If Pete stays and they go full rebuild. They will be the SeaLions. Pete must go before this franchise can move forward.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Fade":2rcr29hs said:
It was the year 2020, despite having the worst defense in NFL history, the Seahawks were 5-0, led by Russell Wilson who was having the greatest QB season in NFL history.

1) Fire Pete.

2) Elevate JS to real GM, not Pete's puppet that has to constantly clean up his mess in the later rounds.

3) JS along with Vulcan hire a new Offensive Head Coach, preferably the same offensive system that Waldron has brought with him, but if he has to go then so be it. Damn near half the league runs this system so their should be a litany of candidates.

4) Keep Russ unless it is irreconcilable. Wilson has another 8 years of elite play in him with the right coach.

5) Hire a DC that will mask coverage and play aggressive. Preferably a blitz heavy 3-4 as it fits Jamal Adams skillset.

With Russell Wilson it can be turned around in a season or two. Without Russell Wilson JS has to find a way to hit on another franchise QB and you're looking at 3-4 years.

===========

If Pete stays, he will cut corners, trade Wilson for picks, turnaround and flip those picks for another QB. The defense will still suck, and the weight of having to pull games out of his ass will fall on the new QB. He won't, perennial 7-10 at best.

If Pete stays and they go full rebuild. They will be the SeaLions. Pete must go before this franchise can move forward.

Wholeheartedly agree with this entire post. That would be a dream scenario.

Unfortunately, because of passive ownership, I truly believe we're stuck with Pete for at least 2 more years unless he himself decides to call it a career. And until he's gone, nothing is going to change.

Beren

Reaction score
I briefly thought Wilson's injury might ultimately be a good thing for the team if it forces Pete to evolve beyond his moronic philosophy of trying to do the minimum possible to hang around for three quarters, and then letting his elite level QB have a high noon showdown with the opposing team in the fourth.

That is no longer an option with Geno (as much as I LOVED his cameo last time out).

However, PC has repeatedly demonstrated he is incapable of learning or growing, faced with overwhelming evidence his methods has a very low probability success rate.

This injury will just contribute to his end of season word salad excuse. The ownership will give him more rope, Jets fans will rejoice, Seahawks will continue to circle the drain a few more years.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Rock with Geno, draft Kedon Slovis, get a haul for Wilson, new DC, put Jamal at SS. Draft a lockdown corner, draft along the lines, let Waldron cook.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Krangthebrain":19jblyzq said:
Heh I hope the Seahawks trade Wilson and keep Schneider and Carroll. :p

As a Cardinals fan, I've been watching the Seahawks get less talented every year and Wilson get better and better.

You guys may disagree, but Schneider has been living off of his early success for years and hasn't come close to replicating his early success. Carroll is very rigid and the Seahawks formula really only works if you play great defense and run the ball really well. Well your defense is currently on pace to be the WORST DEFENSE OF ALL TIME.

Why is it bad? When I watch, I see tons of bad players. I know that you guys probably don't want to hear that, but I see lots of players that wouldn't start on the Cardinals or Rams.

It's much easier to find a good GM/Coach than to find a good QB.
For the most part, I don’t think many Seahawks fans (non homer, football savvy fans) disagrees with you.

I watched the Cardinals Niners game and the Cards have a lot of talented players that play very well within the Kingsbury system. Cardinals are legit. Hopefully, it’ll sustain for you.

Tical21

Reaction score
Fade":1z7n4drc said:

1) Fire Pete.

===========

The team went to 5-0, Russ started feeling himself and stopped checking to runs against 2-deep. Doubled down on himself as teams adjusted and started playing poor football.

Cool story tho.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hard to really take anyone seriously who thinks the team will be just fine w/out Russ. Let alone thinking that Geno is going to be a playoff level QB. I hope I'm wrong on Geno, but I just don't see it. Not because Russ is my favorite player, he absolutely needs to play better overall imo.
But Geno Smith? Come on. Please prove me wrong kid....
If it means the team wins some games while Russ is healing up? Hell yes. Being wrong IS a good thing, if it means success for your team. And admitting being wrong is not hard at all. :irishdrinkers:
And again, with THIS defense, the team looked average WITH Russ. The defense is pathetic, no need to sugar coat it.

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1jfwtv5s said:
Hard to really take anyone seriously who thinks the team will be just fine w/out Russ. Let alone thinking that Geno is going to be a playoff level QB. I hope I'm wrong on Geno, but I just don't see it. Not because Russ is my favorite player, he absolutely needs to play better overall imo.
But Geno Smith? Come on. Please prove me wrong kid....
If it means the team wins some games while Russ is healing up? Hell yes. Being wrong IS a good thing, if it means success for your team. And admitting being wrong is not hard at all. :irishdrinkers:
And again, with THIS defense, the team looked average WITH Russ. The defense is pathetic, no need to sugar coat it.

What do you mean admitting that your wrong isn't hard? There are people on this board that will argue a point knowing their wrong... It's the problem with human nature as it exists... IMO.

LTH

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JustTheTip":81q40s6u said:
I think Pete needs to go before you can really determine which other problems need to be taken care of. Geno showed yesterday that the offense is capable of running on short and intermediate passes and operates quite well that way, so at least a part of the offense issues fall on Russ's shoulders. In the end, maybe he is too short. Or maybe it is just his preferences on what he does.
Pete needs to go before?...So in other words, you can't quite put your finger on what the problems are, you just know that it's all on Pete Carroll, and possibly our "Too Short" Future Hall Of Fame Russell Wilson?
Defenses haven't had any game films of Geno Smith to study on how to shut him down yet, but trust me, they will have a lot more to go on after the next few weeks.
Our issues are way more on our Defense than it is on Russell Wilson digesting Waldron's play schemes.
It's not as easy as just flushing the toilet and your problems just go away, and, just jettisoning Pete for an unknown, isn't the answer either.

LTH

Reaction score
scutterhawk":21ycadxl said:
JustTheTip":21ycadxl said:
I think Pete needs to go before you can really determine which other problems need to be taken care of. Geno showed yesterday that the offense is capable of running on short and intermediate passes and operates quite well that way, so at least a part of the offense issues fall on Russ's shoulders. In the end, maybe he is too short. Or maybe it is just his preferences on what he does.
Pete needs to go before?...So in other words, you can't quite put your finger on what the problems are, you just know that it's all on Pete Carroll, and possibly our "Too Short" Future Hall Of Fame Russell Wilson?
Defenses haven't had any game films of Geno Smith to study on how to shut him down yet, but trust me, they will have a lot more to go on after the next few weeks.
Our issues are way more on our Defense than it is on Russell Wilson digesting Waldron's play schemes.
It's not as easy as just flushing the toilet and your problems just go away, and, just jettisoning Pete for an unknown, isn't the answer either.

The issue isn't Pete the issue is this team has not had a top tier draft in what 11 years something like that.. Pete has kept this team competitive for that long with out a top tier draft and for that people say he is over the hill..

He is not over the hill... is he perfect? NO... but he is a good solid coach... Nobody else keeps their team competitive with out a top tier draft in 11 years... but ok but Pete is the exception ? thats BS!

LTH

Jerhawk

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1mn1744j said:
"We" dont fix anything...."we" dont have any choice or say in the seahawks. Maybe that is everyone's problem here. They think "we" have to do something about it, when really there is nothing you can do or try. Hope and be happy. All this fire and trade bulls $h!t is old. God dam bunch of whiners and it is disgusting that my favorite teams(seahawks) fanbase may carry the most b!@ch in the entire universe.

There are a few good dudes here. But most of you f*** are quick to jump ship. Trade and fire. Get rid of the problem...here is the problem with that...most of you "we" people can't identify the problem. All you do is discuss what you think you know. Its disappointing. Blaming the offense. When we are giving up historic amounts of yards on defense. Blaming the coaches when you dont even know what they have to go through day in and day out. The most disturbing $h!t is digging deeper into players personal life and relationships like you f*** know better and they arent decent humans.

3 losses with 12 games to go. Everyone is done. Everyone quits. Reset or whatever. Ridiculous. Shut the hell up. Find something worth talking about.

What? I thought that Seahawks ownership read this forum religiously and made their decisions based off of our thoughts on a FAN RUN FAN FORUM.

In regards to the OP, not to be picky, but the option I want isn't listed.

I'd fire Pete, or convince him to retire (I'd much rather it be that way) and then trade Wilson.
I'd keep Schneider and let him build the team. Bring in a coach that can work with Schneider and rebuild.

I hope it's ok with everyone that an overweight 31 year old guy from Spokane posted his opinion on a fan forum. Sorry if that offends anyone

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":2xasegxc said:
scutterhawk":2xasegxc said:
JustTheTip":2xasegxc said:

The issue isn't Pete the issue is this team has not had a top tier draft in what 11 years something like that.. Pete has kept this team competitive for that long with out a top tier draft and for that people say he is over the hill..

He is not over the hill... is he perfect? NO... but he is a good solid coach... Nobody else keeps their team competitive with out a top tier draft in 11 years... but ok but Pete is the exception ? thats BS!

LTH

You don't need top 10 draft picks to put a good team on the field, you need top evaluators for players that work in your system. Patriots have did it for years, George Allen did it for years, Scot McCloughan was far more important for us and the 49ers then people credit, he help build the foundation in S.F. and ours here with his scouting. That and Pete's knowledge along with Johns ability to predict player positions.

It was a great recipe here and good in San Francisco with their front office.

Again players that fit your systems, not square pegs in round holes no matter how their combine looks, they also have to have the right mentality and drive, that's the hardest to measure, heart.

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":rvilsuwx said:
LTH":rvilsuwx said:
scutterhawk":rvilsuwx said:
JustTheTip":rvilsuwx said:

LTH

You don't need top 10 draft picks to put a good team on the field, you need top evaluators for players that work in your system. Patriots have did it for years, George Allen did it for years, Scot McCloughan was far more important for us and the 49ers then people credit, he help build the foundation in S.F. and ours here with his scouting. That and Pete's knowledge along with Johns ability to predict player positions.

It was a great recipe here and good in San Francisco with their front office.

Again players that fit your systems, not square pegs in round holes no matter how their combine looks, they also have to have the right mentality and drive, that's the hardest to measure, heart.

No you don't need exactly top ten draft but you do need better than what Carroll has had...he is a victim of his own success do you really believe the Rams and niners would be as good as they are with out the reset drafts they have had?

LTH

Atradees

Reaction score
Its my belief that coaching in the NFL is cyclic. 10 years is a great run. With two Superb Owl appearances. Well done. Now looking at how we have traded all our picks for vets because we cant draft anyone..........lets end the desperation and bring in a head coach that can draft and build the trenches.

LTH

Reaction score
Atradees":1o82in0x said:
Its my belief that coaching in the NFL is cyclic. 10 years is a great run. With two Superb Owl appearances. Well done. Now looking at how we have traded all our picks for vets because we cant draft anyone..........lets end the desperation and bring in a head coach that can draft and build the trenches.

I can't say that I disagree with building the trenches... but isn't that what they have done through FA? a reasonable arguement can be made that they would get more value in FA than where they would pick in the draft...

LTH

kf3339

Reaction score
First off, none of those options are at all likely until we get new ownership. That is the real change that is needed.

But for now I said Fire PC, JS and trade Wilson. I think we need draft picks and he is the only real bargaining chip we have right now that gets us mulitiple 1st's and possibly more.

but again, we need a true owner that gives a damn.

LTH

Reaction score
kf3339":14vw3h5h said:
First off, none of those options are at all likely until we get new ownership. That is the real change that is needed.

But for now I said Fire PC, JS and trade Wilson. I think we need draft picks and he is the only real bargaining chip we have right now that gets us mulitiple 1st's and possibly more.

but again, we need a true owner that gives a damn.

Ownership change is not going to happen, they are not going to fire Pete or JS look at the talent they have brought in Lockett, DK, Talylor they are doing a good job with what they have to work with ... I mean yeah they take chances and sometimes it does work out but when it does they just drafted 2 franchise players in the last 3 years picking in less than the bottom 3rd of the draft...

LTH

JustTheTip

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3cltacjc said:
JustTheTip":3cltacjc said:

No. The issue is Pete. Is that clear enough for you. We have replaced coordinators, talent evaluators, talent, etc. all to no avail. I was cautiously optimistic when Bev and Cable were finally axed. In the end, it made no difference. Then Schotty was let go and the first game showed promise but even then the 3rd quarter was full of warnings that nothing had changed. I am saying replacing yes men is no longer sufficient because they will be replaced with more yes men. Nothing changes until Pete is gone, so playing fall guy yes man roulette is an exercise in futility.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I think there's only two players i wouldn't trade DK and Taylor there both young and very talented. Everyone else is fair game including Russ. He's not the same player he was ,one of his biggest weapons was running the ball he's simply not as good at it anymore. He's gotten better throwing the deep ball ,but he has holes in his game in other areas clearly, and he's not getting any younger. Maybe this isn't a popular opinion but if there going to rebuild they need picks and he has the most value . They tried a reset it did not work. Besides Wilson isn't going want to stay for another reset let alone a rebuild.

Latest posts