Geno wears a wristband. Russ never did...

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
That’s a link from the Tacoma paper. Hey shags? Can we get urls to show up in blue or something?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Many players don't wear them, so what??? Some players do. You either win games or you don't.
If it's helping him win and run the offense more efficient, sweet.

Last edited:

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Many players don't wear them, so what??? Some players do. You either win games or you don't.
If it's helping him win and run the offense more efficient, sweet.

I think the point is that the Seattle offense IS running at a more efficient pace compared to last year. The implication is that Russ not wearing one was a problem, but Russ actively pushed back against the idea.

People used to bemoan all of the delay of game penalties and timeouts that the offense used up getting the play call in, protections setup, and/or audibles called. They laid all of that blame at Pete and the OC's feet (wasn't just a Waldron thing). Now we're seeing those problems follow Russ to Denver and magically we no longer have that issue here in Seattle.

Just another example of how Russ was actually holding this team back all of these years.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Perhaps this is the first time they have used them?

chrispy

Reaction score
Article talks about wristband, but (in my opinion, more importantly) it references an apprehension/resistance to the plays that were called. Geno trusts the incoming plays. Previously, the plays were questioned and that result is now seen in Denver. People are calling for Hackett's head, but he can't even run his offense ....

Vegas should have odds on whether RCW starts wearing a wristband. If yes, he looks 2-faced. If no, the fact he's inefficient and calling his own shots will become increasingly apparent. I think, before end of season he uses one for a minimum of a game or two.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I could not agree more, chrispy. It’s a microcosm of what we all knew about Russ.

toffee

Reaction score
It's an one upmanship, Wilson was telling the league and other QBs that he had the whole playbook memorized. In theory, if one has the whole book memorized, it's quicker to just pull data out of memory than having to read the wristband, that's what Wilson was trying to project.

In his case, he often spent MORE time pre-snap, in the huddle, and often caused delay of game penalties. Of course, papa Pete took the blame for all the 5 yarders, for that reason, Pete made the "resistance" commend, he took all the blame because Wilson wanted to show off.

Is it possible to memorized the play book? Well, concert pianists memorized all the notes for multiple an hour or so long concertos, so I would think it's possible. How did the pianists do it? I used to enjoy free music at the Juilliard, as those students practice 8-10 hours a day over the same notes, day after day. By the time they stepped on the stage, they have played those concertos hundreds of times.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh. The wristband works for some, others choose to not use one. Just more being made out of very little.
But still a good point that the team is buying in more, and the offense is a lot more in sync now.

keasley45

Reaction score
Yeah. That interview, the last interview that Pete gave, and Geno's comments on how he sees his play vs what Russ did here... its obvious all 3 feel a degree of peace and enthusiasm at not having to deal with the obstacle that was RW when it came to running the offense the way it was called and then executing the plays.

Glad they're each getting the opportunity to feel a bit of vindication.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Of course Me3 won't use one as it's an image thing for him.
Geno uses one and looks like the MVP.
Me3 as he declines still thinks in his head that he has it all
problem is the it all stays in his head.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Article talks about wristband, but (in my opinion, more importantly) it references an apprehension/resistance to the plays that were called. Geno trusts the incoming plays. Previously, the plays were questioned and that result is now seen in Denver. People are calling for Hackett's head, but he can't even run his offense ....

Vegas should have odds on whether RCW starts wearing a wristband. If yes, he looks 2-faced. If no, the fact he's inefficient and calling his own shots will become increasingly apparent. I think, before end of season he uses one for a minimum of a game or two.
OMG - love your signature!

chris98251

Reaction score
Well, Mr Eliminated stated in his interview that we won a lot of games in Seattle without the wristband, yeah the team did. Last minute heroics many times, wearing your defense out with 3 and outs most the game, hoping for a Field Goal at least to bail you out from running a two-minute drill. Oh, and that defense and Running game that was league leading may have had something to do with it.

But whatever makes you feel good Mr. Eliminated.