Geno wears a wristband. Russ never did...

Ozzy

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree, Russell Wilson HAD his chance under Waldron, but he didn't excel. Looking from outside, one could only conclude that he wasn't going to do certain things that Waldron wants, he resisted Waldron's plays, resisted Waldron's request to wear a wristband, Rusell Wilson only want to play the way he likes, i.e. plays that will made highlight wheels, or plays that will advance his chance of MVP.

NO, Russell Wilson will not rock this season even if he stay in Seattle and play under Waldron. Waldron's system CAME ALIVE the second Geno Smith took over on Hawks 2 yard line against the Rams, boys marched down the field for 98 yards and a touch down, in those 98 yards, we saw Waldron's system that we didn't see under Wilson.

Sorry, I do not agree with you.
That’s fair I just think it’s tough to judge half a season with a new system and new OC while hurt. He also started to look decent late in the year. For me a decade of being great outweighs a half injured seasons. We will never know

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I side with Toffee. It’s about Russ not embracing wesring a simple accessory that arguably could have changed his 6-8 record to maybe 8-8.

It is almost like he deliberately sucked to get out from under a coach who had said publicly that he wouldn’t be where he was without Russ.

Russ was Petes crutch and vice versa. Russ forced both to stop using that crutch, at which point Pete started jumping around while Russ was exposEd for needing more mobility assistance than had been acknowledged.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
That's fair but he was hurt and it was Waldron's first year. I think in year two with Russ healthy they figure it out and he plays like he did for 95% of the time he was here.

yeah he was hurt and played decently late in the year, I’ll take 9 years of success over a shirt stint with a new offensive system and OC.

You seem to be conveniently forgetting all the offensive coordinator bashing/firing that went on for 9 years of that "success"

We are now seeing that we were wrong to put the blame solely on the shoulders of those guys.

You know, like Bronco fans are currently doing

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Russ has the wristband on today He is a sensitive ninny when it comes to the noise around him.

he hasn't so much as glanced at it. At all.....

And he lost. But honestly I’m now wondering how Much of a difference it would make. Tan shill was hurt coming into the game, but Russ hurt himself more.

10-17.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I am going to start wearing a wristband every day. I hope it will bring clarity to my thinking and enable fast decision making.

It's working already, here are some plays from my mock up... I am wearing the cardboard and duct tape prototype version at home and it really does work.

Formation Call Audibles
Honey Do Take out trash "it stinks in here"
Love Buy flowers "you remembered"...Score!

Last edited:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Everything is said is so cliche... and meaningless.

There's nothing THERE. He's a mental shell of his former self.

Reactions: FPD

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Wait, wasn't there a period of time where Russell Wilson did wear a wristband? I seem to remember after an injury, he started wearing one for a time. I believe it was a center injury and as a result he had to call the line protections for a good bit. Maybe it was 2017? It was only for part of a season if he did.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Wait, wasn't there a period of time where Russell Wilson did wear a wristband? I seem to remember after an injury, he started wearing one for a time. I believe it was a center injury and as a result he had to call the line protections for a good bit. Maybe it was 2017? It was only for part of a season if he did.

The context is last year with Waldron's new offense.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hands on his hips the entire time too so everyone sees the wristband.

I'm no psychiatrist, but this sure looks like Russ is having a mental breakdown before our very eyes.
I think there is some truth to this. He lost is mental coach who passed away and was his best friend, pressure of being paid 50 million and a city and team banking on you being the guy you were for 9 years and it appears your not, I think he's struggling right now as Lynch alluded to.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Interesting that Pete never really struggled, despite being blamed for the vast majority of Russell's shortcomings, especially after SB49.

Jody made the right choice.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Interesting that Pete never really struggled, despite being blamed for the vast majority of Russell's shortcomings, especially after SB49.

Jody made the right choice.
I've been wondering as of late, what is going through Jody's mind as she watches her decision paying huge dividends. Must be extremely self satisfying..