Geno signing multi year deal

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
This will be the first big clue about the draft. It's all about the numbers. I don't see him shouldering the team to a SB but he could be a very good piece of a run if the price is conducive to team building. Of course it helps to have 5-6 starters (or more depending on the draft) on rookie deals for the next 2 years.

kidhawk

Reaction score

The numbers reported in the tweet are interesting. It leaves some room for it not to have some of the money on the back end and keep it at a more reasonable cap number this year, with good cash this year for Geno.

Will have to wait to see all the numbers, but if they can get the contract to be more team friendly for this season, that allows us to do so much between the draft and free agency that it will make for a very interesting off season and possibly a run at contending this year

seabowl

Reaction score
Depends on the guaranteed money as to how long this deal really is and how much it’s going to cost. I would rather have gone another direction as I’m not sold on him taking a team deep in the playoffs but I’m not the GM or coach..

kidhawk

Reaction score
expect some cuts/restructures very soon.

Cuts are sure to come, but I don't see why this contract would necessitate them. A multi-year deal allows the team to pay him with bonus money this year with a minimal contract and keep the actual cap value low this year. Of course the devil is in the details, and I'm sure we have some cap casualties coming, but I don't see this contract necessarily pressing the issue

sutz

Reaction score
Slightly higher than I posited earlier in the year. I was thinking 3 yr/ $90+.

We'll see what the final numbers are, but I'm thinking the "real" deal is for 2 years/$70-80 mill guaranteed.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hope they still draft a QB high and prep him to start in the near future…..

Having Geno gives them room not to need to use a pick on day one to pick a qb. They can use their early picks to get some defensive talent and maybe draft a qb a bit further back. Someone who may need a little time behind a veteran who can compete for the job in year 2 or 3

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Just heard 3 year 105M with either 52M guaranteed or 52M in the 1st year.