Geno Isn't the Guy. Sad to Say (Main)

Rosco

Reaction score
You mean Peyton Manning, The Donko's most Prolific Quarterback in '2013'?, the guy that got so rattled that he could only conjure up 8 points against the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl 48?
I mean 43 to 8 ain't Jack Squat for "Covering up a Teams Flaws", because SOMETIMES the Defenses (like the Seahawks did in that game) will MAKE YOU hang onto the ball longer because your targets are covered and you have NOWHERE to go with the ball, + Peyton Manning didn't have his Offensive Line all beat to hell for the '2013' Season either.
Unfortunately, every defense no matter how bad they are rattles Geno “bottom 15” Smith into holding the ball too long.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Geno's been off since the giants game when his legs got rolled up. He's forcing throws in areas he normally runs.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Unfortunately, every defense no matter how bad they are rattles Geno “bottom 15” Smith into holding the ball too long.
"Unfortunately" what I posted went right over your head HAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Geno's been off since the giants game when his legs got rolled up. He's forcing throws in areas he normally runs.
And yet, Geno & the Seahawks managed to STILL OUTSCORE the Cards for the win today...Some of y'all can't help but STILL P*$$ing in the wind, eh? LOLOLOLOLOL

JPatera76

Reaction score
And yet, Geno & the Seahawks managed to STILL OUTSCORE the Cards for the win today...Some of y'all can't help but STILL P*$$ing in the wind, eh? LOLOLOLOLOL
I'm not pissing in the wind. I was simply stating he's essentially been off since the giants game when his legs were rolled up and he injured his knee and ankle... I'm not even shitting on him or insulting or bashing him damn dude chill out lol

mistaowen

Reaction score
I think there is genuine concern though that his play outside of the Lions game has been quite average if not below average (Rams 2nd half, today second half, all of the Giants game, Bengals game outside a couple drives, end of last year). The defense was stellar and they really only gave up one drive; muffed punt return and Geno turnovers gave them opportunities. Cardinals are fishing for a top 3 pick, have a starting QB who has been a career backup, missing their solid starting RB, Seahawks defense was rocking all day, and the offense let them hang around until basically the final drive. This was really just another bleh outing that should have been a multiple TD win at home and I had zero faith that if the Cardinals managed to tie it at 17 he'd put together a game winning drive given how he fizzled out.

Red zone issues for 3 straight weeks, really untimely sacks, forcing turnovers. I think I saw he led the league last year in 'risky' throws and had quite a few should be turnovers that luckily weren't. The schedule gets really hard going forward, he is being paid to be the guy to carry the team if things aren't going well, and unfortunately the trend seems that he just adds to the snowball of a poor game. And I'm certainly not saying he needs to be benched, I just want to see more of a complete game and am worried a better team than the Cardinals steals a game like today.

12forlife

Reaction score
Well, the numbers tell a different story. But I appreciate the insight.

Geno will move up in Success Rate after this game, so we're looking at a potential top 8 QB after this week. I know. Math sucks.
Don't be a troll. The only numbers that matter is wins & loses, but if u want to look at numbers take 5 minutes of your life and look at our 3rd down conversion rate, then look at our red zone efficiency. If your happy with those numbers then I'll shut up. Until then keep dreaming Geno is something he is not.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Don't be a troll. The only numbers that matter is wins & loses, but if u want to look at numbers take 5 minutes of your life and look at our 3rd down conversion rate, then look at our red zone efficiency. If your happy with those numbers then I'll shut up. Until then keep dreaming Geno is something he is not.
RZ efficiency... look at our YPC compared to the rest of the NFL. He's hamstrung by an average WR core, a weak oline, and some average playcalling. None of it's bad, none of it's great. Geno also isn't a Top 5 QB. We don't need to pretend like he is.

Want to know who was consistently top 10 in RZ% as QB?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Actually watch a game man. You want numbers what is our red zone & 3rd down conversion rate? It's flat pathetic! Geno ain't no top 10 QB when it counts, hell we have all this talent on Offense and can't score over 20pts. If an average QB that you don't have the confidence to pull out a win on the final drive is what your looking for Geno is your guy!
He does watch the games. If you want others to stop being "trolls," maybe look inward first.

knownone

Reaction score
The way you used it as justification is, but I don't expect you to admit to it.
DK is a pro bowler and our WR1. But okay, saying Geno played without his WR1 is misleading. Thanks for the insight.
I'm ashamed that I didn't catch the sarcastic trolling sooner. 😑
I'm not trolling. Geno is in the top 10 in several important metrics. I am being sarcastic because of the silly comments I get (see above). Also, the other comment called me delusional for having Geno in my top 10. Mind you, PFF has him 9th, the Ringer has him 8th, and by most metrics, he's somewhere between 13th and 7th.

knownone

Reaction score
Uh, we're 4-2? But okay. The numbers!

Let's start with 3rd conversions: Seattle was 7-13 on 3rd down today; that's 54% (over a season that would be #1 in the league!)

Let's break down why red zone efficiency is a misleading statistic. Going into this week, Seattle was #1 in red zone attempts and 6th in red zone scoring. Now, could Geno improve in the red zone? Absolutely. He hasn't been good. But the fact that we're 20th in red zone efficiency is misleading when we're among the best in the league at getting into the red zone.

Jville

Reaction score
On the stat plus side ..............

"Next Gen stat of the game: Geno Smith picked up 129 of his 219 passing yards on attempts over 20 air yards (5 of 6, 129 yards, 2 TDs, +43.8% CPOE) against the Cardinals."

So that was 5 explosive pass plays today.

12forlife

Reaction score
RZ efficiency... look at our YPC compared to the rest of the NFL. He's hamstrung by an average WR core, a weak oline, and some average playcalling. None of it's bad, none of it's great. Geno also isn't a Top 5 QB. We don't need to pretend like he is.

Want to know who was consistently top 10 in RZ% as QB?
I know KC has struggled some this year but right off the top I would say Tom Brady & Mahomes. I would hardly say our WR's are average. Oline yes is banged up and been holding water. I'm tired of beating this drum, Geno is just average, and not good enough to lead this team deep into the playoffs, thats just my opinion.

LTH

Reaction score
I'm not pissing in the wind. I was simply stating he's essentially been off since the giants game when his legs were rolled up and he injured his knee and ankle... I'm not even shitting on him or insulting or bashing him damn dude chill out lol
From what I can remember, and i need to re watch the game, Geno made. About 3 bad really bad decisions or mistakes in this game. He threw a pick that was dropped. He fumbled a snap and threw a redzone pick. But your right he is not playing at a probowl level. Against the niners that performance probably loses the game.

That being said he played good enough to win THIS game....Right now that's all that matters. And I know you know that.

To the "I want Geno replaced crowd".
IS Geno the "guy"? It's to early to tell honestly. QB's struggle sometimes, that's just a fact of life in the NFL. It the guys that work through the adversity that become "the guy" let's see what happens before we throw Geno under the bus. I don't think the Hawks necessarily think Geno is "the guy" or they would have given him a longer term contract. He will prove it one way or another by the end of the year. Tonight I saw some incredible throws from Geno. I think is more of a mental issue....something that can be fixed but we will see right now they are 4-2 a game back of SF..Let's see what Geno does against the Browns.

LTH