Fire Pete!!! Anyone down?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
justafan":3ns1y91m said:
JustTheTip":3ns1y91m said:
justafan":3ns1y91m said:
Well when he decides to walk away Mcvay should be available. I know a lot of people were sniffin his jock strap and claiming he is a genius.

I don't think I would want McVay.

On a side note I thought about something this morning. Jody Allen seems like she is becoming interested in the Seahawks. If that is actually the case, I would have to believe that Pete is a big part of that which would be another place he is providing value. I think an interested Jody Allen is better than over half the ownership possibilities if the team gets sold.

No i was being a smart***. I think he is the most overated coach I have seen come along in a while.

I know you were being a smart ass, but it is funny because there are people that believe what you said. Just making sure you know my insanity doesn't extend that far.

Chapow

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2hperffw said:
I was quite happy with how they opened on offense today, then they quickly reverted and after the game found out no helmet communication to start the game. If Pete stays on the sideline I would like to see him stay out of the offense completely.

Our offense is currently 5th in the NFL at yards per game, 7th at points per game, ranked 3rd in offensive DVOA, and we're sitting at 5-1 largely due to our offense.

We finished last season 6th in the NFL at points per game and ranked 9th in offensive DVOA.

But supposedly Pete is a bad offensive head coach and should stay out of the offense completely.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HawkerD

Reaction score
Chapow":23kcih5i said:
JustTheTip":23kcih5i said:
I was quite happy with how they opened on offense today, then they quickly reverted and after the game found out no helmet communication to start the game. If Pete stays on the sideline I would like to see him stay out of the offense completely.

Our offense is currently 5th in the NFL at yards per game, 7th at points per game, ranked 3rd in offensive DVOA, and we're sitting at 5-1 largely due to our offense.

We finished last season 6th in the NFL at points per game and ranked 9th in offensive DVOA.

But supposedly Pete is a bad offensive head coach and should stay out of the offense completely.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The single biggest reason for the Offensive output is Russ being Russ even when the plan goes to crap which is a least half the time. Put a league average QB on this team at we have at most 1 win. JS doesn't convince PC to draft RW in 2012 and PC is fired 4 years ago. Have you even been watching the games since 2014?????

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2qcaaqa0 said:
Could just as easily be 2-4 or even 1-5 with the way the games have gone.

Pete consistently wastes quarters and halves of football games. He consistently makes poor decisions on both what he does challenge and what he doesn't. He consistently makes very poor time management decisions. He consistently gets out game planned.

Today they had 4 turnovers to 1 (2 of which were very lucky) and a blocked punt, yet still only managed to win by 4.

Our defense is just not that good, so no one should expect us to blow out any team and win comfortably against anyone that's not named the Arizona Cardinals.

We can certainly criticize Pete (and John) for how this defense is looking and playing, personnel and draft decisions, etc to put them squarely in the middle of the pack league wide......but to fire Pete is a laughable opinion when we're in the middle of one of the greatest starts in franchise history, DESPITE the defense and special teams not playing well.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
HawkerD":twnpk3ok said:
Chapow":twnpk3ok said:
JustTheTip":twnpk3ok said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The single biggest reason for the Offensive output is Russ being Russ even when the plan goes to crap which is a least half the time. Put a league average QB on this team at we have at most 1 win. JS doesn't convince PC to draft RW in 2012 and PC is fired 4 years ago. Have you even been watching the games since 2014?????

Well admittedly I can't think of a coach that managed to keep his job more than 4 years without getting a franchise QB. Franchise QB's make or break coaches. We happened to get a very good one in Wilson (although there is still a subset of Seahawk fans who feel he is a glorified game manager).

But Belichek without Brady is probably not still coaching the Patriots either.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2d254s26 said:
JustTheTip":2d254s26 said:

Pete consistently wastes quarters and halves of football games. He consistently makes poor decisions on both what he does challenge and what he doesn't. He consistently makes very poor time management decisions. He consistently gets out game planned.

Today they had 4 turnovers to 1 (2 of which were very lucky) and a blocked punt, yet still only managed to win by 4.

Our defense is just not that good, so no one should expect us to blow out any team and win comfortably against anyone that's not named the Arizona Cardinals.

We can certainly criticize Pete (and John) for how this defense is looking and playing, personnel and draft decisions, etc to put them squarely in the middle of the pack league wide......but to fire Pete is a laughable opinion when we're in the middle of one of the greatest starts in franchise history, DESPITE the defense and special teams not playing well.

I don't expect blowouts. Nor, as I have said multiple times, do advocate firing Pete at all, let alone in the middle of the season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3kohozl3 said:
Sgt. Largent":3kohozl3 said:
JustTheTip":3kohozl3 said:

I don't expect blowouts. Nor, as I have said multiple times, do advocate firing Pete at all, let alone in the middle of the season.

I know you don't, and we all know this is one of .Net's famous hyperbole argument threads.

"Hey I told you so all four people out of thousands here that think Pete should be fired!"

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3e45p9q6 said:
HawkerD":3e45p9q6 said:
Chapow":3e45p9q6 said:
JustTheTip":3e45p9q6 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well admittedly I can't think of a coach that managed to keep his job more than 4 years without getting a franchise QB. Franchise QB's make or break coaches. We happened to get a very good one in Wilson (although there is still a subset of Seahawk fans who feel he is a glorified game manager).

Or maybe Brady without Belichick never makes it in the NFL.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JustTheTip":opbobzi3 said:
Mad Dog":opbobzi3 said:
HawkerD":opbobzi3 said:
Chapow":opbobzi3 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or maybe Bradey without Belichick never makes it in the NFL.
We do have empirical evidence that Bellichick was crappy as an NFL coach without Brady (sucked as the HC in Cleveland) but we have no ability to judge Brady without Bill as that's the only coach he's ever had. Head coaches need elite QBs to win but on the other hand QBs need to be in the right situation to succeed. Chicken and egg conundrum imo.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3p8erb6v said:
JustTheTip":3p8erb6v said:
Mad Dog":3p8erb6v said:
HawkerD":3p8erb6v said:

Or maybe Bradey without Belichick never makes it in the NFL.
We do have empirical evidence that Bellichick was crappy as an NFL coach without Brady (sucked as the HC in Cleveland) but we have no ability to judge Brady without Bill as that's the only coach he's ever had. Head coaches need elite QBs to win but on the other hand QBs need to be in the right situation to succeed. Chicken and egg conundrum imo.

I think the two of them found the person willing to cheat exactly same amount as they were.

Also, by the same measure Pete is just an average NFL coach without Wilson.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
5-1, just another great season of coaching by Pete. Does he drive us nuts? Absolutely. But the results can't be denied.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
This is an idiotic thread. A likely HOF coach who won a SB and starts the season 5-1. And it's not enough to satisfy some.

LTH

Reaction score
Tusc2000":bslb4dlj said:
This is an idiotic thread. A likely HOF coach who won a SB and starts the season 5-1. And it's not enough to satisfy some.

I think some people are just plain bored... and then I thought gee maybe this guy is like some teenager that just doesn't get it,,, or maybe it's someone who just wants to start crap and get reaction out of people but regardless I TOTALLY agree with you this thread is completely idiotic... so Im not responding to post like this any more because somethings just never change...

LTH

MarylandHawk

Reaction score
Pete, by his own admission, has made some Uncle Junior Soprano-level decisions already this season.... With 2/3 to go... (gulp)

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
LTH":1xdhu9sr said:
Tusc2000":1xdhu9sr said:

I think some people are just plain bored... and then I thought gee maybe this guy is like some teenager that just doesn't get it,,, or maybe it's someone who just wants to start crap and get reaction out of people but regardless I TOTALLY agree with you this thread is completely idiotic... so Im not responding to post like this any more because somethings just never change...

LTH

I made this thread out of sarcasm. Some took it to heart.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3jnh449u said:
LTH":3jnh449u said:
Tusc2000":3jnh449u said:

LTH

I made this thread out of sarcasm. Some took it to heart.

Nobody mistook what you intended. At least I didn't. Like I said, I don't create threads about it or random posts about it but when somebody else opens the door I am going to discuss it. You don't want to hear my opinion on it, don't start the thread.