Not open for further replies.

chris98251

Reaction score
McGruff":2vmmn1qe said:
quadsas":2vmmn1qe said:
McGruff":2vmmn1qe said:
Fans will forgive and forget.

And you are obviously emo.

Fans who don't really care. Earl went on a crusade against Seahawks and is doubling down on that. So f him. Seems to me like you would be happy to switch to supporting 49ers if opportunity arised

Doubling down on his crusade, you say?

Oh the torture you must feel.

The heartbreak and agony.

So emo.

Earl is the second best football player to ever wear a Hawks Jersey, a signature member of the greatest defense in history, and was central to our prolonged success including our one and only Superbowl trophy.

Forgive me if I dont bleed blue over a wave of a single digit.

Tez, Easley, Jones, Largent, Wilson, there may be some argument there.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hahahaha Earl isn't close to being the second best Hawk ever. He wasn't ever even the second best Hawk on any Hawk team in any year he played. That's some crazytown nonsense.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He may not regret doing it now but he will in time. It was a second class move.

At this point, now he’s gone, quite frankly I couldn’t give a damn.

How easy it would have been to have just said I was hurting and I regret doing it. He has genuinely revealed his true character and it is lacking.

Loved him as a player but like others am not a fan of the person.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What happened to all the posts from this morning? They evaporated.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3qo0fxzj said:

Probably deleted as part of a reset to get the site running again.

McGruff

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":gg6uozlg said:
Sgt. Largent":gg6uozlg said:

Those were my bestest creations ever.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McGruff":16l0ad6y said:
Sarlacc83":16l0ad6y said:
Sgt. Largent":16l0ad6y said:

This is like when a movie's done shooting and six months later they ask the actors to come back in to reshoot the ending.

I can't work like this!!

Bottom line, Earl's an immature emotionally volatile person, which along with Sherman contributed to their departure. So no way in hell I'd expect any other response out of him about flipping the bird to Pete.

But I still love him, and can't wait to see him, Sherm and Kam inducted into the ROH as the LOB.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1887ld0i said:
McGruff":1887ld0i said:
Sarlacc83":1887ld0i said:
Sgt. Largent":1887ld0i said:

This is like when a movie's done shooting and six months later they ask the actors to come back in to reshoot the ending.

I can't work like this!!

Bottom line, Earl's an immature emotionally volatile person, which along with Sherman contributed to their departure. So no way in hell I'd expect any other response out of him about flipping the bird to Pete.

But I still love him, and can't wait to see him, Sherm and Kam inducted into the ROH as the LOB.

Really Browner should be included even if he didn't have the career the others had, he was a major influence, will have to wait for his Jail sentence to complete but that may be close to when they actually will get in anyway. I think his demeanor was a lot of his influence on the rest of them. It is why they were the LOB.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":132yg4bg said:
Sgt. Largent":132yg4bg said:
McGruff":132yg4bg said:
Sarlacc83":132yg4bg said:

I can't work like this!!

Really Browner should be included even if he didn't have the career the others had, he was a major influence, will have to wait for his Jail sentence to complete but that may be close to when they actually will get in anyway. I think his demeanor was a lot of his influence on the rest of them. It is why they were the LOB.

I can't see any scenario where they ask Browner back, dude was put in prison for cocaine possession and attempted murder.

Even if the rest of the LOB insists, it's not going to happen.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":vvlrs4ao said:
chris98251":vvlrs4ao said:
Sgt. Largent":vvlrs4ao said:
McGruff":vvlrs4ao said:

I can't work like this!!

I can't see any scenario where they ask Browner back, dude was put in prison for cocaine possession and attempted murder.

This is where I differ a lot, what he did off the field and out of the game is not what he did as a player.

Using that Logic Laurence Taylor should not be in the Giants Ring or the Hall of Fame.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":1fm19e4e said:
Sgt. Largent":1fm19e4e said:
chris98251":1fm19e4e said:
Sgt. Largent":1fm19e4e said:

I can't work like this!!

This is where I differ a lot, what he did off the field and out of the game is not what he did as a player.

Using that Logic Laurence Taylor should not be in the Giants Ring or the Hall of Fame.

Maybe he shouldn't have. What'd he get convicted of? Cocaine possession and a minor sex thing? Idk, there were so many I forget.

But if we're using a sliding disgusting scale of things that will keep you out of your team's ROH, attempted murder has to be right at the top.

You're also talking about one of the greatest football players of all time, not the 4th wheel on a defensive backfield who played less than half as long as the rest of the unit.

AgentDib

Reaction score
McGruff":1svz4efm said:
It happened on the 2nd to last game of 2017. Pretty much one season left on his deal
That's when it came to a head publicly. For him to be that frustrated at that point in the season indicates he was looking for an extension much earlier than that and had been rebuffed.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1o16ofjv said:
chris98251":1o16ofjv said:
Sgt. Largent":1o16ofjv said:
chris98251":1o16ofjv said:

Maybe he shouldn't have. What'd he get convicted of? Cocaine possession and a minor sex thing? Idk, there were so many I forget.

But if we're using a sliding disgusting scale of things that will keep you out of your team's ROH, attempted murder has to be right at the top.

You're also talking about one of the greatest football players of all time, not the 4th wheel on a defensive backfield who played less than half as long as the rest of the unit.

Again separating football from life after football.

He is in the ring for football not because he donated a kidney or committed a crime either one.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
McGruff":9sc10giz said:
I found this part interesting . . .

As for his relationship with his longtime coach, that might take a while to mend.

“I feel like we’ve got to walk with each other the rest of our lives. We won a Super Bowl together,” Thomas told Anderson. “But they’ll love you one minute and they’ll hate you the next, I feel like that’s our relationship. That’s just how it is in the game. I’m not speaking for every coach, it’s just my experience.

I think Earl is projecting a lot of his own psyche here.

I dont think there have been many players as emotionally volatile as Earl. He is passion personalized, and whatever he feels in the moment is what he speaks and acts.

His own love and hate changes with the NW weather.

This is true.

they’ll love you one minute and they’ll hate you the next.
To Earl, not paying him a big 3rd contract is hate. Paying him a big contract is love.... To him its love or hate. I don't think right now, he has the emotional ability to understand, the organization could still love and appreciate him, but not want to pay him.

In 10 or 20 years into retirement, I think he'll start to figure it out. But yea, Earl is a very emotional dude.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3gafndy8 said:
McGruff":3gafndy8 said:
Sarlacc83":3gafndy8 said:
Sgt. Largent":3gafndy8 said:

I can't work like this!!

I somewhat agree in theory, but overall disagree. The reason Earl didn't get his deal is more that he wanted top dollar in his contract and was entering his declining years on 3rd contract with a leg he never opted to surgically repair to full strength even though the team Doctors recommended to. No way after what happened with Kam and Cliff he was ever going to pull that off under any circumstance.

Point being....if this was contract #2 and healthy, Pete would have put up with his BS and given his sniveling ass what he wanted.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":wo8etyn7 said:
Sgt. Largent":wo8etyn7 said:
McGruff":wo8etyn7 said:
Sarlacc83":wo8etyn7 said:

I can't work like this!!

I somewhat agree in theory, but overall disagree. The reason Earl didn't get his deal is more that he wanted top dollar in his contract and was entering his declining years on 3rd contract with a leg he never opted to surgically repair to full strength even though the team Doctors recommended to. No way after what happened with Kam and Cliff he was ever going to pull that off under any circumstance.

Point being....if this was contract #2 and healthy, Pete would have put up with his BS and given his sniveling ass what he wanted.

That's why I said contributed, and wasn't the sole reason.

I do think Pete and John wanted to extend Earl, even after his first serious injury. But between the nonsense (Cowboy locker room and complaining to the press) and demanding 40M guaranteed Eric Berry money, the two sides fell further and further apart.........and then Earl got hurt again.

The End. See you at the ROH ceremony in 10 years Earl.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2o61ocjt said:
Sgt. Largent":2o61ocjt said:
McGruff":2o61ocjt said:
Sarlacc83":2o61ocjt said:

I can't work like this!!

I feel that me agreeing with Seymour is a sign of the impending apocalypse.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2xffdb1n said:
Seymour":2xffdb1n said:
Sgt. Largent":2xffdb1n said:
McGruff":2xffdb1n said:

I can't work like this!!

That's why I said contributed, and wasn't the sole reason.

I do think Pete and John wanted to extend Earl, even after his first serious injury. But between the nonsense (Cowboy locker room and complaining to the press) and demanding 40M guaranteed Eric Berry money, the two sides fell further and further apart.........and then Earl got hurt again.

The End. See you at the ROH ceremony in 10 years Earl.

Orrr....NOT!

No way I put him in the ROH after he disgraced himself and the team with his 5 year old antics. I'll vote him to the ROS though (Ring of Shame).

Seymour

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":16hqbtob said:
Seymour":16hqbtob said:
Sgt. Largent":16hqbtob said:
McGruff":16hqbtob said:

I can't work like this!!

I feel that me agreeing with Seymour is a sign of the impending apocalypse.

2eunny

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3udqdoh3 said:
Orrr....NOT!

No way I put him in the ROH after he disgraced himself and the team with his 5 year old antics. I'll vote him to the ROS though (Ring of Shame).

Nah, plenty of room for forgiveness for one of the greatest Hawks of all time that helped form our SB winning identity and played his ass off every play, even when pissed off.

But yes, it'll take some grace and contrition on Earl's side too as time goes on. If he continues this sort of nonsense taking shots at Pete and the Hawks for the next decade. Then I'm with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts