Earl: No Regrets About Flipping Pete Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

quadsas

Reaction score
Chapow":1z8kp7qf said:
xray":1z8kp7qf said:
Chapow":1z8kp7qf said:
Anyone think Marshawn regrets his flip of the bird?

NOPE

I don't either.

And yet, there's a metric shit ton of emo butthurt directed towards Earl from Seahawks fans, and basically none directed towards Marshawn or Doug.

Seems weird since flipping the bird is apparently the most egregious offense a person could possibly commit.

OH THE HUMANITY!!! EARL FLIPPED THE BIRD!!! *but it's totes fine that Marshawn and Doug did the exact same thing* ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't remember Earl buying a page in a newspaper thanking the organisation and the fans, also I recall him chasing after Cowboys begging them to take him. Oh and mouthing off to Seahawks every time he can is another thing I remember.

Lynch and Marshawn comparison is almost as bad as that movie director / actor one, which was one of the dumbest analogies I've ever heard, legit.

Chapow

Reaction score
acer1240":3ucq5pyz said:
I remember that Earl quote that he had to feed his family.

Do you? Because he never said he had to feed his family.

Pardon me if I fail to get emotional over his financial well being.

He's throwing stones that have no business being thrown.

Such as?

BTW, he didn't bring this up. He was asked about it and he answered the question.

acer1240

Reaction score
Good point quadsas.

I had almost forgotten about the cowboy thing.

Im so glad the Ravens stepped up so his family would not starve to death.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Hot take: Earl was just trying to give a thumbs up when being carted off the field, and he just really, really sucks at it.

acer1240

Reaction score
I just looked chapow. His follow up posts on Facebook were scrubbed.

But initial responses show that it was edited.

As far as the stones being thrown? He's a great, all time, hall of fame player. Think Pete had a little to do with that?

McGruff

Reaction score
acer1240":lbggn0d1 said:
I just looked chapow. His follow up posts on Facebook were scrubbed.

But initial responses show that it was edited.

As far as the stones being thrown? He's a great, all time, hall of fame player. Think Pete had a little to do with that?

All great players had great coaches. Is their Montana without Wlash or Brady without Bill?

Chapow

Reaction score
quadsas":1d1dk7yc said:
Chapow":1d1dk7yc said:
xray":1d1dk7yc said:
Chapow":1d1dk7yc said:
Anyone think Marshawn regrets his flip of the bird?

NOPE

I don't either.

And yet, there's a metric shit ton of emo butthurt directed towards Earl from Seahawks fans, and basically none directed towards Marshawn or Doug.

Seems weird since flipping the bird is apparently the most egregious offense a person could possibly commit.

OH THE HUMANITY!!! EARL FLIPPED THE BIRD!!! *but it's totes fine that Marshawn and Doug did the exact same thing* ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't remember Earl buying a page in a newspaper thanking the organisation and the fans, also I recall him chasing after Cowboys begging them to take him. Oh and mouthing off to Seahawks every time he can is another thing I remember.

Lynch and Marshawn comparison is almost as bad as that movie director / actor one, which was one of the dumbest analogies I've ever heard, legit.

Wow, Lynch and Marshawn. :lol:

So, couple things,

I don't remember most former Seahawks players taking out a full page ad in the paper thanking the organisation and fans. That was awesome, but is hardly some standard that every player should be held to.

It was definitely a gaffe on his part that he chased down Garrett in public view and said "Come get me", but I can hardly blame a guy for wanting to play for the team that he's been a lifelong fan of when he feels like he's not wanted in Seattle any longer. If you were a professional football player, you'd probably want to get the chance to play for the Seahawks, wouldn't you?

And finally, your "mouthing off to Seahawks every time he can" comment is such a gross exaggeration that it's not even worth commenting on.

McGruff

Reaction score
Chapow":1dmnn4mz said:
quadsas":1dmnn4mz said:
Chapow":1dmnn4mz said:
xray":1dmnn4mz said:

I don't either.

So, couple things,

I don't remember most former Seahawks players taking out a full page ad in the paper thanking the organisation and fans. That was awesome, but is hardly some standard that every player should be held to.

It was definitely a gaffe on his part that he chased down Garrett in public view and said "Come get me", but I can hardly blame a guy for wanting to play for the team that he's been a lifelong fan of when he feels like he's not wanted in Seattle any longer. If you were a professional football player, you'd probably want to get the chance to play for the Seahawks, wouldn't you?

And finally, your "mouthing off to Seahawks every time he can" comment is such a gross exaggeration that it's not even worth commenting on.

It's all part of Earl's crusade.

quadsas

Reaction score
Chapow":100c5hos said:
quadsas":100c5hos said:
Chapow":100c5hos said:
xray":100c5hos said:

I don't either.

So, couple things,

On Lynch point, well obviously not a single player should be held to that standard, but the guy compared Lynch to Earl, so what's wrong with me pointing that part out, considering he condemns fans for not hating Lynch and hating Earl. Sounds like a good reason to hate Lynch a lot less than Earl.

On Cowboys thing. You can't act as if you're being disrespected by Seahawks when you do stuff like that. Cowboys thing is a show of hypocrisy on Earl's part. There's a difference of talking Cowboys up because you're a lifelong fan, and actually going out of your way, probably breaking CBA, and insulting your teammates, organisation and the fans with gestures like that during the season mind you

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Maybe Pete did lie to Earl. We really don't know what happened.

But his public display was pretty pathetic and upsetting at the time.

Then I got over it like 10 minutes later. Nothing has changed since then.

Mase

Reaction score
-- The emo thing is very real. It is like the two types of love, the way adults love each other or their children in the sense that we can identify short comings, do our best to support them, but hold them accountable for poor choices or foolish mistakes. That is how I "love " my Hawks, and I am a 26 year season ticket holder.

-- Then there is the way a 4 year old loves it's mommy and daddy. They do no wrong, unless they make them mad, and the just want hugs and kisses and no one else can say anything mean about their mommy and daddy.

-- There are too many fans who "love " their teams the second way. I mean no disrespect to whomever said this earlier, but the line that "Earl is suggesting Coach Carroll lied to him, I find that hard to believe". I did actually laugh out loud at that. I coach High School, and I used to coach youth, and every other coach reading this knows what I am about to say.

Of COURSE we LIE, we're coaches. Playing time, your skill set, your chances of winning our next game against the #1 team in the state, or my favorite, you keep working hard on JV and I am sure you will make Varsity, RIIIIGHHTT.

Pete's job is to win, and would have said anything he could have to Earl to make sure he played. Either promised a new deal would get done, or the would finalize a trade to let him move on. It doesn't happen, it doesn't happen, then he gets injured, and you know damn well in that moment, he knew how much that hurt his next paycheck. I will always respect Earl because he DID come to camp, and he did play, when a lot of other players would have held out. He will always be one of the greatest Seahawks ever. I look forward to applauding him when he is announced at the Ravens game, and then routing against him for the rest of the game. Through the other 15 games I hope he makes the pro bowl.

Mase

Chapow

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2nb8522m said:
Is Earl still whining? It's all downhill for him now...

No. He was asked a question during an interview and he answered it.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Chapow":br9pmpna said:

But you totally commented on it when stating you didn't think it was worth commenting on.

McGruff

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":110qsmdt said:
Chapow":110qsmdt said:

But you totally commented on it when stating you didn't think it was worth commenting on.

That's actually a really good point.

Chapow

Reaction score
quadsas":27byja5r said:
On Lynch point, well obviously not a single player should be held to that standard, but the guy compared Lynch to Earl, so what's wrong with me pointing that part out, considering he condemns fans for not hating Lynch and hating Earl. Sounds like a good reason to hate Lynch a lot less than Earl.

Yikes. You sound pretty confused.

I don't think fans should hate Marshawn and I don't think fans should hate Earl (or Doug). I don't think flipping the bird is the heinous offense that some people here like to portray it as. I also think it's really weird that people act like Earl committed a mortal sin when he flipped the bird, but pretty much ignore or don't care that both Marshawn and Doug did the exact same thing.

Chapow

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":2sn8u87i said:
Chapow":2sn8u87i said:

Totally.

quadsas

Reaction score
Chapow":95k2re84 said:
quadsas":95k2re84 said:

Yikes. You sound pretty confused.

I don't think fans should hate Marshawn and I don't think fans should hate Earl (or Doug). I don't think flipping the bird is the heinous offense that some people here like to portray it as. I also think it's really weird that people act like Earl committed a mortal sin when he flipped the bird, but pretty much ignore or don't care that both Marshawn and Doug did the exact same thing.

Did I ever mention the finger in my posts?

Sounds like you're the one absolutely lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts