Earl: No Regrets About Flipping Pete Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapow

Reaction score
“I gave Pete the middle finger because I felt like he wasn’t being honest with me,” Thomas said on ESPN.

I don’t regret my decision,” Thomas told Anderson. “If my teammates felt like it was towards them, I regret that part. But I don’t regret doing it to Pete.”

This makes it sound like there was a personal issue between Pete and Earl, and that the bird was directed specifically at Pete personally, but not the Seahawks in general, Schneider, other coaches, etc.

acer1240

Reaction score
I loved watching Earl play but this is a bad look for him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Suffice it to say Earl carries a flame thrower with him everywhere, no bridge unburned is his motto I guess.

Chapow

Reaction score
Anyone think Marshawn regrets his flip of the bird?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Chapow":3k1n4uud said:
“I gave Pete the middle finger because I felt like he wasn’t being honest with me,” Thomas said on ESPN.

I don’t regret my decision,” Thomas told Anderson. “If my teammates felt like it was towards them, I regret that part. But I don’t regret doing it to Pete.”

This makes it sound like there was a personal issue between Pete and Earl, and that the bird was directed specifically at Pete personally, but not the Seahawks in general, Schneider, other coaches, etc.

Pete was dishonest about the dangers of football?

Earl could stop talking.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
We don’t know what happened behind the scenes. Pete will be very PC about it - we know that, as he should. Sucks seeing Earl take this route, wish he had some proper counseling around him. They’ll come to terms on day, just like how Kenny Easley came to term with the Hawks after they nearly destroyed his insides.

It is obvious that no matter what Earl says, he has strong feelings for this place.

quadsas

Reaction score
Forget him. talk about tarnishing your legacy even more

acer1240

Reaction score
quadsas":25125lu9 said:
Forget him. talk about tarnishing your legacy even more

I tend to agree with this. Didn't the seahawks produce a video that teaches safe tackling techniques taught by Pete?

I don't know Pete but have watched him coach and have read his book. There is nothing I've ever seen where he was fake to the point that he would not be sad that a player broke a leg.

McGruff

Reaction score
I dont think this effects Earl's legacy at all.

It will cause some short term trauma to our more emo fans, but long term his legacy is pretty much teflon.

acer1240

Reaction score
McGruff":2l3v9bz5 said:
I dont think this effects Earl's legacy at all.

It will cause some short term trauma to our more emo fans, but long term his legacy is pretty much teflon.

Disagree. I'm not emo.

He's out and out saying his coach lied to him. I find that difficult to believe.

quadsas

Reaction score
McGruff":1x0uf9x0 said:
Fans will forgive and forget.

And you are obviously emo.

Fans who don't really care. Earl went on a crusade against Seahawks and is doubling down on that. So forget him. Seems to me like you would be happy to switch to supporting 49ers if opportunity arised

McGruff

Reaction score
quadsas":2vhylee6 said:
McGruff":2vhylee6 said:
Fans will forgive and forget.

And you are obviously emo.

Fans who don't really care. Earl went on a crusade against Seahawks and is doubling down on that. So forget him. Seems to me like you would be happy to switch to supporting 49ers if opportunity arised

Doubling down on his crusade, you say?

Oh the torture you must feel.

The heartbreak and agony.

So emo.

Earl is the second best football player to ever wear a Hawks Jersey, a signature member of the greatest defense in history, and was central to our prolonged success including our one and only Superbowl trophy.

Forgive me if I dont bleed blue over a wave of a single digit.

Chapow

Reaction score
xray":22h6fr9u said:
Chapow":22h6fr9u said:
Anyone think Marshawn regrets his flip of the bird?

NOPE

I don't either.

And yet, there's a metric shit ton of emo butthurt directed towards Earl from Seahawks fans, and basically none directed towards Marshawn or Doug.

Seems weird since flipping the bird is apparently the most egregious offense a person could possibly commit.

OH THE HUMANITY!!! EARL FLIPPED THE BIRD!!! *but it's totes fine that Marshawn and Doug did the exact same thing* ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rcaido

Reaction score
LOL i agree with you about the emo part...Seriously, this was an issue between Earl & the front office. He love his teammates & fans. He gave 100% on the field and even got hurt doing so...

If you have a favorite actor/director and they exchange words & give middle finger. They no longer will work with each other after that, does that mean the actor should be shamed/shunned for the rest of his career.

acer1240

Reaction score
I remember that Earl quote that he had to feed his family.

Pardon me if I fail to get emotional over his financial well being.

He's throwing stones that have no business being thrown.

Status
Not open for further replies.