Earl: No Regrets About Flipping Pete Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGruff

Reaction score
I found this part interesting . . .

As for his relationship with his longtime coach, that might take a while to mend.

“I feel like we’ve got to walk with each other the rest of our lives. We won a Super Bowl together,” Thomas told Anderson. “But they’ll love you one minute and they’ll hate you the next, I feel like that’s our relationship. That’s just how it is in the game. I’m not speaking for every coach, it’s just my experience.

I think Earl is projecting a lot of his own psyche here.

I dont think there have been many players as emotionally volatile as Earl. He is passion personalized, and whatever he feels in the moment is what he speaks and acts.

His own love and hate changes with the NW weather.

Chapow

Reaction score
acer1240":2zvzfdcn said:
I just looked chapow. His follow up posts on Facebook were scrubbed.

But initial responses show that it was edited.

As far as the stones being thrown? He's a great, all time, hall of fame player. Think Pete had a little to do with that?

What Earl said was "I just gotta protect myself. At the end of the day, me and my family, that's the first thing".

That is hardly the "I got kids to feed" type comment that many of you are claiming. It's disingenuous and and bordering on dishonest to claim he made a comment like that.

Seems like a lot of people are making shit up or making things out to be way worse than really were in order to villainize Earl.

Chapow

Reaction score
quadsas":2ea3ohu3 said:
Chapow":2ea3ohu3 said:
quadsas":2ea3ohu3 said:
On Lynch point, well obviously not a single player should be held to that standard, but the guy compared Lynch to Earl, so what's wrong with me pointing that part out, considering he condemns fans for not hating Lynch and hating Earl. Sounds like a good reason to hate Lynch a lot less than Earl.

Yikes. You sound pretty confused.

I don't think fans should hate Marshawn and I don't think fans should hate Earl (or Doug). I don't think flipping the bird is the heinous offense that some people here like to portray it as. I also think it's really weird that people act like Earl committed a mortal sin when he flipped the bird, but pretty much ignore or don't care that both Marshawn and Doug did the exact same thing.

Did I ever mention the finger in my posts?

Sounds like you're the one absolutely lost.

You responded to my post that was specifically about nothing other than the finger in a thread that is specifically about the finger, and now your claiming that your response was not in regards to the finger?

You're right. I'm lost. What the hell are you talking about?

quadsas

Reaction score
Chapow":37ni1yfh said:
quadsas":37ni1yfh said:
Chapow":37ni1yfh said:
quadsas":37ni1yfh said:
On Lynch point, well obviously not a single player should be held to that standard, but the guy compared Lynch to Earl, so what's wrong with me pointing that part out, considering he condemns fans for not hating Lynch and hating Earl. Sounds like a good reason to hate Lynch a lot less than Earl.

I don't think fans should hate Marshawn and I don't think fans should hate Earl (or Doug). I don't think flipping the bird is the heinous offense that some people here like to portray it as. I also think it's really weird that people act like Earl committed a mortal sin when he flipped the bird, but pretty much ignore or don't care that both Marshawn and Doug did the exact same thing.

You responded to my post that was specifically about nothing other than the finger in a thread that is specifically about the finger, and now your claiming that your response was not in regards to the finger?

You truly are not seeing it.

'And yet, there's a metric shit ton of emo butthurt directed towards Earl from Seahawks fans, and basically none directed towards Marshawn or Doug.'

This is what you said.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
This used to be such a great place - it’s truly gone down the drain. I thought you couldn’t attack posters but I suppose that’s a foregone thing as well now

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Earl and Pete had business/front office issues. Regardless, seems like a lot of toxicity between Pete and players from the title years. Cant wait for the 30 for 30 show.

Chapow

Reaction score
quadsas":sbh95azq said:
Chapow":sbh95azq said:
quadsas":sbh95azq said:

You truly are not seeing it.

'And yet, there's a metric shit ton of emo butthurt directed towards Earl from Seahawks fans, and basically none directed towards Marshawn or Doug.'

This is what you said.

It helps if you follow the whole conversation instead of just picking out one paragraph and taking it out of context.

xray":sbh95azq said:
Anyone think Marshawn regrets his flip of the bird?

NOPE

I don't either.

And yet, there's a metric shit ton of emo butthurt directed towards Earl from Seahawks fans, and basically none directed towards Marshawn or Doug.

Seems weird since flipping the bird is apparently the most egregious offense a person could possibly commit.

OH THE HUMANITY!!! EARL FLIPPED THE BIRD!!! *but it's totes fine that Marshawn and Doug did the exact same thing* ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Again, I was specifically talking about flipping the bird. Try to keep up.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":187hkjnx said:
Chapow":187hkjnx said:
“I gave Pete the middle finger because I felt like he wasn’t being honest with me,” Thomas said on ESPN.

I don’t regret my decision,” Thomas told Anderson. “If my teammates felt like it was towards them, I regret that part. But I don’t regret doing it to Pete.”

This makes it sound like there was a personal issue between Pete and Earl, and that the bird was directed specifically at Pete personally, but not the Seahawks in general, Schneider, other coaches, etc.

Pete was dishonest about the dangers of football?

Earl could stop talking.

Bullshit, ET isn't a five year old who doesn't KNOW about the pitfalls of being a Pro Football player...His HIT on Gronk was proof that there's no GUARANTEE that you can't be taken out by ONE HIT, thus ending a players career.
That is UNLESS he's a DAMNED IDIOT.
From this Seahawks fan?.....It's really pretty simple....Thomas is an asshole....GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Chapow":1f88yfv6 said:
Anyone think Marshawn regrets his flip of the bird?

I for one REALLY DON'T GIVE A SHIT....Marshawn at times was also an ASSHOLE.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Chapow":87xggyt2 said:
Cyrus12":87xggyt2 said:
Is Earl still whining? It's all downhill for him now...
No. He was asked a question during an interview and he answered it.
Surely he had agency to answer in whatever way he wanted. He went out of his way to emphasize his grudge against his former coach.

Chapow":87xggyt2 said:
It was definitely a gaffe on his part that he chased down Garrett in public view and said "Come get me", but I can hardly blame a guy for wanting to play for the team that he's been a lifelong fan of when he feels like he's not wanted in Seattle any longer.
If this happened in late 2018 when his contract was expiring I think fans wouldn't have reacted so negatively. But for the Hawks to give him an extension making him the #1 paid safety in the NFL and then for him to say he was unwanted with multiple years left on that #1 deal was blatantly self serving.

McGruff

Reaction score
It happened on the 2nd to last game of 2017. Pretty much one season left on his deal

pehawk

Reaction score
My reaction is my feelings are *really* hurt and I'll probably burn his jersey. And a cross. But the jersey first.

endzorn

Reaction score
I love Earl. I wish he’d pulled his pants down and helicopter’d the sideline. I wish they had worked something out because he’s as confident, honest and awkward off the field as he is great on it.

Chapow

Reaction score
McGruff":k5k7yq1h said:
It happened on the 2nd to last game of 2017. Pretty much one season left on his deal

This, and there were already rumors that the Seahawks were looking to trade him rather than give him an extension before that game.

This is a quote from Earl regarding the locker room incident.

“I’m in the prime of my career,” Thomas told the Dallas Morning News. “I still want to be here. But when Seattle kicks me to the curb, please Cowboys come get me. That’s the only place I’d rather be … I went to the locker room talked to Dez, Coach Garrett and I’ve always been a Cowboys fan growing up. The (Cowboys) — that’s the only place I’d rather be if I get kicked to the curb.”

It's pretty clear that he thought the Seahawks were going to "kick him to the curb" rather than give him an extension when that went down.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Who cares. He's going to get flat backed by Carson anyway and he can throw both middle fingers up and it still won't matter.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Let's take it down a notch here. We still have rules around here. Stay on topic if you want this to remain open. Play nice or you won't play at all. :141847_bnono:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is honestly the best thing to happen to this franchise.. Save for Bobby Wagner and Kam, some of the other members of the LOB have been an embarrassment.

They think the team didn't want to pay them because of cold heartedness but the truth is their attitude played just as big a factor. Several examples of teams keeping veterans past their prime. And having a strong legacy with a fan base/team is invaluable in the long term

Status
Not open for further replies.