Drew Lock won the job tonight!

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Actually Jimmy G won the Seahawks starting QB job tonight. Maybe not to start the season, but eventually. That is, if the Niners cut him. He is clearly an upgrade over any quarterback on this roster.
Trey Lance isn't looking very good.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I can't believe some of the hysterics. Take a step back and get a dose of perspective, guys. Yeah, it's gonna be a down year. We already knew it, and not a single team avoids them for more than a decade at a time.

And, no, you don't get to count the Brady Patriots.
This is the price for winning. You need to wait through the valley. That's simply how it works.
You know what losing feels like. Act like it, gents.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

I can't believe some of the hysterics. Take a step back and get a dose of perspective, guys. Yeah, it's gonna be a down year. We already knew it, and not a single team avoids them for more than a decade at a time.

This is the price for winning. You need to wait through the valley. That's simply how it works.
I mean I agree we all know the year is going to suck and it will be a down year. No, we shouldn't get overly worked up about it. And most of us long time Hawks fans won't because we lived through years and years of this. For me it's just that I want to win week 1 so badly. That's our SB for me. Beat Russ in his 1st game with Denver. And it seems near impossible with Geno

Natethegreat

Reaction score

This is the price you pay when your F.O. has terrible off seasons year after year.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I mean I agree we all know the year is going to suck and it will be a down year. No, we shouldn't get overly worked up about it. And most of us long time Hawks fans won't because we lived through years and years of this. For me it's just that I want to win week 1 so badly. That's our SB for me. Beat Russ in his 1st game with Denver. And it seems near impossible with Geno
Really, it'd feel closer to impossible with Lock for me. The guy really hasn't risen to the occasion once yet. He's a mix of cosmically unlucky and, not just not clutch, but the exact opposite of it.

Comes out tonight and hurls 5 interceptable balls. Loses the Steelers game by missing a line call.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Really, it'd feel closer to impossible with Lock for me. The guy really hasn't risen to the occasion once yet. He's a mix of cosmically unlucky and, not just not clutch, but the exact opposite of it.

Comes out tonight and hurls 5 interceptable balls. Loses the Steelers game by missing a line call.
I was told his coaches were terrible and biased against him. Couldn't even beat out Bridgewater for goodness sake. I'll never understand the optimism for Lock around here except for blind fandom.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I was told his coaches were terrible and biased against him. Couldn't even beat out Bridgewater for goodness sake. I'll never understand the optimism for Lock around here except for blind fandom.
I think his coaches WERE terrible, but the bias angle is probably overplayed. Lock's always been capable of... well, tonight.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think his coaches WERE terrible, but the bias angle is probably overplayed. Lock's always been capable of... well, tonight.
The idea that coaches would actively undermine themselves and their career to start a worse QB was always absolute non sense.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

You know what Maelstrom the truth is you are probably right about Geno. The truth is we probably have a better chance to win with him. I suppose it's just dissapointing because at this point, to me, we know what Geno is capable of. He MAY end up as serviceable but he won't be great in this league. Lock was a bit more unknown so many of us have been wishfully thinking he could turn it around like a guy like Tannehill and be better. Clearly Pete knows best and if they pound the ball and play conservative with Geno that will give them the best chance to win. Will not be exciting though and they will still lose a huge amount of games.

For me, there's nothing to lose. So might as well let the younger guy sling.

We all want to believe we have the chance at having someone better than Geno... wishful thinking I guess... but I will say you there is no doubt Lock has a better arm. Which means higher potential, to me. But he has been boneheaded so far.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You know what Maelstrom the truth is you are probably right about Geno. The truth is we probably have a better chance to win with him. I suppose it's just dissapointing because at this point, to me, we know what Geno is capable of. He MAY end up as serviceable but he won't be great in this league. Lock was a bit more unknown so many of us have been wishfully thinking he could turn it around like a guy like Tannehill and be better. Clearly Pete knows best and if they pound the ball and play conservative with Geno that will give them the best chance to win. Will not be exciting though and they will still lose a huge amount of games.

We all want to believe we have the chance at having someone better than Geno... wishful thinking I guess... but I will say you there is no doubt Lock has a better arm. Which means higher potential, to me. But he has been boneheaded so far.
I think Geno gives the best chance to win on the roster.

I think that chance to win is still below 50% for the majority of games on the schedule. That's my take right now, at least.

Natethegreat

Reaction score

Your not wrong. We know what Geno is and its not anywhere good enough to lead us to playoffs let alone a super bowl. And yes I had posters telling me that he was because of how good our defense was and plus he throws to the middle of the field!!!

keasley45

Reaction score
This is the price you pay when your F.O. has terrible off seasons year after year.

Bro. Who and what Lock is is TBD. He had a down performance off of a good performance. None of any of what's happened so far this year determines anything except that he might not be ready yet.

And...

That all the hand wringing and conspiracy theories about how Carrol wanted Geno regardless of any competition look like they were baseless if this is the level of up and down play Lock has been showing so far.

He didn't help himself, and neither did the poor wr play.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I've been a Lock supporter all pre-season, but I don't agree. Pete is all about the ball, and 3 picks is a killer, even if they weren't all "his fault."
Me as well and think he brings a higher energy level to the O, but he is still a bit reckless and may have to wait as there is no way Pete or for that matter most any HC would be down with 3 picks, albeit one should be on the WR who tipped the ball to have it picked off.

I believe he lost the competition tonight but showed he was a better prospect than Geno. Lock will start and then will remain the QB after a few games that Smith doesn’t perform well in.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

I think Geno gives the best chance to win on the roster.

I think that chance to win is still below 50% for the majority of games on the schedule. That's my take right now, at least.
I think you are probably correct. Geno probably gives us a better chance at winning. But I'd still prefer playing Lock because I feel we have nothing to lose.

sprhawk73

Reaction score

He was flat footed, it looked pretty clear that he really doesn’t want the job.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
I think you are probably correct. Geno probably gives us a better chance at winning. But I'd still prefer playing Lock because I feel we have nothing to lose.
Agreed, Lock has more potential but seems to lack the drive. We are going to miss RW’s will to win but the reality is it wasn’t going to get better with him.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
Pete is going with Geno, (let me throw up at that statement.) Why else would he start Geno? Why would he not let Lock have a chance to see if he could win a game in the last 2 minutes?

I love Pete but am losing respect as each game goes by, just like what RW did to me, and don't get me even started on the officiating or helmet to helmet contact on a driving foreword running back.

This league is going to lose me. Almost time to stop watching football, OMG it is getting woke, an prissy, and calls that make every game looked rigged, and I dont mean just against the Hawks, EVERY game looks rigged and penalties that just cant be justified, or non penalties that cant be justified.

Started watching in 1960, I HATE where this game has moved too. 😭😤:mad:(n)
Listen to the games with Raible on the radio... doesn't look as bad, and you can work on chores around the house, or outside, without having to endure (unhealthy) sitting all day.
I hope Lock recovers from the virus, whether or not he ever plays again.