Do you REALLY want him gone?

keasley45

Reaction score
John63":3fi7mebn said:
keasley45":3fi7mebn said:
Palmegranite":3fi7mebn said:
keasley45":3fi7mebn said:
Tell me, in what way does the quality of that front office resemble anything close to what we run. Or how the Browns success even closely resembles our own?

So somehow because a completely asinine organization who hasn't won anything in decades or even consistently been able to compete, is some sign of where we are headed?

The comparison makes zero sense.

This is the same organization that put together a superbowl winning team from scratch in 3 years (and already did it with a qb that was by default, a game manager in their system) and has been one of the winningest in the league while they've been at it. Yet somehow because we might decide to part ways with Wilson, we won't be able to find are head from our A hole?

Yeah. Ok. Makes sense.
Rrrrright.....it's all about the quality front office.

I guess that's why Matt Flynn had such a long, storied carreer with the Seahawks. Just plug in any QB. ....delusional response.

So i guess the winning around here just miraculously happened despite their ineptitude.

LMAO

Tell me how many front offices would have had the wisdom and balls to sign Might Flynn and then bench him when the other guy THAT THEY SIGNED WHEN NO ONE ELSE IN THE LEAGUE WOULD, outplayed him. You act as though Wilson waltzed in on a chariot to save the team. This front office had the smarts to pick him AND start him AND build a team around him that won a championship and what should have been another had we stuck to our identity and not let Russ fire up the George Forman grill on the last play at the goal line.

I can name several starting with NE. As to rest the same front office who got us a safety for multiple 1st rounders who can't stay healthy. The reality is PC had a huge advantage coming to Seattle from college. He knew the college ayers. He does not now and it shows as a whole our death g and FA surging has been crap. As to the SB we should have been to 3. 2012 our vaunted defense gives.up the lead in the last 20 seconds of the game. The same FO who went all conservative on offense and defense only to see our supposed great defense give up a 2 score lead in 9 minutes. And then add tomit calling a must throw timing pattern tomorrow #5 wr instead of running it or rolling the QB out.

It was a bad throw. Should have been low and in his body. Not high and inside to the only place the DB would have a chance at it.

Our defense lost quite a few key players and others were injured. But yeah, go ahead and put it on them. And FYI, when you have a defense that is limping to the finish and likely going to give up points to the GOAT, you run the ball and milk the clock. The strategy worked perfectly... until the int.

And were it up to Russ, his 5 turnovers in the nfc championship would have given our seat to Green Bay, were it not for a defense, special teams and running game that was and always will be the reason we've ever won anything of consequence since he's been here.

Two years before, we should never have been down to Atlanta and wouldn't have been were it not for a few terrible turnovers and squandered end of half possession. You can spread that blame around.

Sheesh dude, the hate is strong...

As far as the Adams trade, they also acquired Diggs, and between the two of them, we have the best safety tandem in the league.

At LB, we are one acquisition away from having arguably the best trio in the league if we keep Bobby. Brooks is a monster.

At corner, we have a baller in D Brown, and Reed shows his skill every time he steps on the field.

And in Taylor we have a superstar in the making and there's no reason to think that if we bolster the middle of the Dline, Dunlap will continue to return to form.

The offense is full of pkaymakers.

Guven the injuries we've had and the disappointmebt the DLine turned out to be, you don't finish top 10 in scoring defense if you don't have talent and a hell of a scheme.

You should be rooting for Russ to leave so you can cheer him on in his new uni and celebrate the fact that he's no longer subject to the BS decisions of our current leadership. Seriously.

jeremiah

Reaction score
keasley45":2w00zxp3 said:
I think Mike Salk summed it up really well in a tweet following the Lions game when he said,

'I don't know if Russ will play in front of these fans again, but if he doesn't, it will be because of his unwillingness to accept that he plays best in a system like the one we saw today. A run game with a qb who manages the game, protects the ball, and is very efficient.'

That's the truth here. And Russ won't do that. Which is why bringing someone in to compete with him won't work. He doesn't want to be pushed. He wants what he wants and will drive that bus to wherever he can find it. The last two years, this past offseason and multiple press conferences up to even the Bears game, prove that.

I listened to that Salk opinion as he gave it. It is spot on. DING DING DING...

jeremiah

Reaction score
Palmegranite":2i23bgu5 said:
Did any one of you even watch last night's game?

Baker Mayfield, first round overall pick by the Browns, a few years under his belt.....shudder....

This is a very likely post-RW future/scenario for the Seahawks.

For those "let's trade him for draft pick" types, be mindful of what you're asking for and your expectations for the next decade. Just saying.

Baker will be fine, he is injured in many ways. They have no backup to let him heal. Or maybe like the Hawks, they won't risk the anger that will drive him away, and Cleveland back to obscurity.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":sge8x5v9 said:
keasley45":sge8x5v9 said:
And to say that the guy doesn't need a run game??

It is literally the only gear we have to switch to when teams are capable of keeping him in the pocket and taking away his mid to deep outside ball. He doesn't run anymore, whether because of physical decline, or lack of desire because he wants to be seen less as a Lamar and more like Mahomes, Brady and Rodgers.
Wilson is more dependent on a great run game than just about any QB in the NFL. Without a good rushing attack, we've seen that the offense is feast and famine. We've also learned his limitations as a field general type of Quarterback. He is not Rodgers or Brady. They are players that are able to dictate the flow of an offense from the LOS.

The fact that Wilson has not been able to crack the tampa-2 style of defense is very telling. As a passer, if you're going against Tampa 2, you look to attack the seams of the defense. You don't necessarily need a strong running game to beat that defense, you just need to know what you're doing. The tampa 2 and cover-2 style of defenses are meant to take away the deep ball. The trade off is that the short passes up the middle are open and inside seams are exploitable. Wilson approaches this defense by throwing right into the strength of that coverage.

The run game masks the deficiencies that Wilson has in his game. If we keep Wilson this year, i'm all for going full send on the running game. Tell Wilson "I'm sorry bud, but your cooking privileges have been revoked" and bring back the Schottenheimer 2018 style of attack. The Tennessee Titans model is how we make Russell look good again.

If Carroll and Wilson stay I want Carroll to spend the whole offseason upgrading the running game. Bring in a bunch of lineman, sure up the center position, bring in a bunch of running backs via FA and the draft. Maybe even pull out more of the I formation with our big boy, Nick Bellore.

Constructive criticism, with an actual chance of improving the teams play. I like it.

jeremiah

Reaction score
chris98251":1vryg2bt said:
Don Shula was a defensive coach, went to multiple Super Bowls then got Dan Marino and seen one, they tried to tailor the team around Dan, they had a fantastic offense but never got back to the Super Bowl after that one year with Dan, they never had the running game effective like before, the defense they had was never intimidating like the No Name defense. Dan had phenomenal passing numbers for the years after, but no Super Bowl ring.

I see us very much as those post Greise teams with the Dolphins, Wilson played very much like a Bob Greise early on, now he wants to play like a Dan Marino and the cost is almost all other aspects of the team and game. Yes, Salary is a big part, but being able to say the QB is not the primary focus the teams balance in all aspects is a large part of the problem.

Another great analysis, and opinion. Big Miami fan here, Shula fan and Marino too. Your post rings true and with insight. My opinion of the people on this board is rising by the minute.

toffee

Reaction score
jeremiah":20vkjeyf said:
chris98251":20vkjeyf said:
Don Shula was a defensive coach, went to multiple Super Bowls then got Dan Marino and seen one, they tried to tailor the team around Dan, they had a fantastic offense but never got back to the Super Bowl after that one year with Dan, they never had the running game effective like before, the defense they had was never intimidating like the No Name defense. Dan had phenomenal passing numbers for the years after, but no Super Bowl ring.

I see us very much as those post Greise teams with the Dolphins, Wilson played very much like a Bob Greise early on, now he wants to play like a Dan Marino and the cost is almost all other aspects of the team and game. Yes, Salary is a big part, but being able to say the QB is not the primary focus the teams balance in all aspects is a large part of the problem.

Another great analysis, and opinion. Big Miami fan here, Shula fan and Marino too. Your post rings true and with insight. My opinion of the people on this board is rising by the minute.

You and me both, I always enjoy perspectives provided by Chris, source of great football knowledge.

But you gotta wait, you got to patiently wait for those thousand words rebuttal by our own J63. He and may be fade will provide the other side of the story how promised land can only be reach with a free Russell, free from the peteball that is.

Tokadub

Reaction score
GemCity":1707i800 said:
Besides the personal hatred or discomfort you may carry towards Russ, do you really want him gone? I’ve read everything from he’s self absorbed to his wife will be happier in a place like NY to salary to…

Tons of attacks on his character. I’m sitting over here in OH like…”wtf”. This is a dude that has focused on community and posts something about God more than any player I can remember. I’m not saying he’s an angel but, attacks on his character seem silly. When he comes out and says he wants to be a Seahawk for life but will be playing somewhere if not here, there’s an uproar. Is he lying? Is that not blatantly honest and true? If you’ve bailed a team out countless times, have watched players like Ungar get whisked away while seeing a guy like Eskridge get taken over Creed, I think you’d get a bit frustrated as well. Nothing against Graham or Dee…just saying we haven’t invested in the line like we should have. If a particular philosophy doesn’t work with the players you have but a different philosophy could, you have to adapt. What we were doing last year before Pete got scared was what the players, and most fans, wanted to see. Two high safeties? Adjust. Stick with your strengths. Don’t tout a run first mentality when you haven’t and refuse to build a top of the line…line.
This isn’t to advocate “Let Russ Cook” but more so of having a bit of faith in a sure shot HOF’er. Balance. Something like what we saw today. Granted, it was Detroit. But, the playcalling and balance between the plays was the best we’ve witnessed all year.

Russ wasn’t the same after the injury this year And, he has his deficiencies. But, do you truly think he won’t be a top 5, maybe top 3 QB next year?

This isn’t 10 years ago. Teams actually have to have good, if not great, QBs to make it these days. Finding a quality QB isn’t something that happens for a team every day. Ask the Bears.

Russ has a lot left in the tank. I’ve got down on him, posted that I would lean towards a rebuild, trade, etc…But when I sit back and look at it holistically, there’s no way in West Texas I’d trade him.

Yes, I do truly think Wilson won't be a top 5 QB next year... there's nothing he has done this season even before the injury to show that he is still a top 5 QB.

I agree with some of what you are saying but Wilson + Carroll no longer works. Just look at this season... it's simple.

I don't WANT Wilson gone but if Pete is still here (which seems WAY more likely) then Russ has to go.

If you think they can both stay I need some reasons why it will start working after we can't do anything in the playoffs since 2014... I'm waiting.

Tokadub

Reaction score
GemCity":2florh4b said:
Besides the personal hatred

I don't think ANY Seahawks fans hate Russ, he is by far the best QB in franchise history...

That doesn't mean he's still the best fit for our future when he is making $37,000,000 next season but got outplayed by probably 20 guys making far less money than him this season.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
jeremiah":1h1kziq9 said:
keasley45":1h1kziq9 said:
I think Mike Salk summed it up really well in a tweet following the Lions game when he said,

'I don't know if Russ will play in front of these fans again, but if he doesn't, it will be because of his unwillingness to accept that he plays best in a system like the one we saw today. A run game with a qb who manages the game, protects the ball, and is very efficient.'

That's the truth here. And Russ won't do that. Which is why bringing someone in to compete with him won't work. He doesn't want to be pushed. He wants what he wants and will drive that bus to wherever he can find it. The last two years, this past offseason and multiple press conferences up to even the Bears game, prove that.

I listened to that Salk opinion as he gave it. It is spot on. DING DING DING...

This is my feeling, as well. Hoping Russ takes off his blinders and realizes just how good it could be here. He ain't going anywhere with the 5 deep weapons on offense we have at his disposal.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
keasley45":240bocof said:
Tell me, in what way does the quality of that front office resemble anything close to what we run. Or how the Browns success even closely resembles our own?

Well, they have a better coach right now and better talent across the board except for the WR spot and the most important spot,,,,,,,QB. If Wilson played for the Browns, they would be SB favorites.

Tokadub

Reaction score
GemCity":om3ckju5 said:
Trade Tyler,

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/seattle-seahawks/

Tyler Lockett has $31,200,000 of dead money.

We literally cannot trade him.

Tyler Lockett has the most dead money on the team followed by:

#2) Jamal Adams ($28,440,000)

#3) Russell Wilson ($26,000,000).

It looks like behind them is Jordyn Brooks at just barely over $7,000,000

We saved about $13,000,000 this season which will carry over so we could potentially cut in halve Wilson's dead money hit. No way you take that hit for a WR though. Wilson might generate a few better draft picks. I think at best we can get 2 first round picks and a 3rd for Wilson, which would be bad for whoever agrees to that but hey it's the NFL stupid stuff happens.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Tokadub":n5qgtnfy said:
GemCity":n5qgtnfy said:
Trade Tyler,

We saved about $13,000,000 this season which will carry over so we could potentially cut in halve Wilson's dead money hit. No way you take that hit for a WR though. Wilson might generate a few better draft picks. I think at best we can get 2 first round picks and a 3rd for Wilson, which would be bad for whoever agrees to that but hey it's the NFL stupid stuff happens.
I had no idea we had so much money tied up in Lockett.

I mean, if this doesn't say the Seahawks have been trying to make things work for Russ to Cook, I don't know what does. I love Tyler, I think he is both one of the best and most underrated WRs in the NFL but tying up that kind of money in a receiver is NOT a staple of Pete-ball.

The biggest asset Tyler brings to this team is that when Wilson goes backyard football, he's the guy who can be on that page and (more times than a lot of Russ-loyalists seem to want to admit) save his bacon.

John63

Reaction score
Tokadub":145ddbc4 said:
GemCity":145ddbc4 said:
Trade Tyler,

2 first and a 3rd for a franchise Qb. given how we draft they get the better of that deal big time.

John63

Reaction score
DarkVictory23":34biu4j8 said:
Tokadub":34biu4j8 said:
GemCity":34biu4j8 said:
Trade Tyler,

I had no idea we had so much money tied up in Lockett.

I mean, if this doesn't say the Seahawks have been trying to make things work for Russ to Cook, I don't know what does. I love Tyler, I think he is both one of the best and most underrated WRs in the NFL but tying up that kind of money in a receiver is NOT a staple of Pete-ball.

The biggest asset Tyler brings to this team is that when Wilson goes backyard football, he's the guy who can be on that page and (more times than a lot of Russ-loyalists seem to want to admit) save his bacon.

Lockett is our best Wr we kept him because we still need to throw some in PCs backward system. OT does not show squat about Wilson at all.

Tical21

Reaction score
Absolutely. He's not a good player, and putting his brand and ego on full display has shown what kind of leader he is. You aren't going to win with that clown setting your culture.

keasley45

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":u6va2lkd said:
keasley45":u6va2lkd said:

Well, they have a better coach right now and better talent across the board except for the WR spot and the most important spot,,,,,,,QB. If Wilson played for the Browns, they would be SB favorites.

Since they are so vastly superior, they must also know that they are only RW away from the big game. They should call Russ's folks and get them to add them to his list of destinations.

But they can keep their qb. Brilliant foresight they had in picking him...

toffee

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":4ouasdz2 said:
keasley45":4ouasdz2 said:

wow, you sir have a great point there about the Browns! Team Russ support and promote the trade of Russ to Browns, MVP and Superbowl rings await Mr. Unlimited in Cleveland, heck, Russ will be the biggest savior since thy Lord thyself.

Under Pete, Russ shall never be a MVP or touch another ring, it's therefore, every WiIson fans' duty to promote the trade of Russ to Cleveland, right pittpnthrs?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for. If you actually think the team will be just fine w/out him. Or, if you actually think he's "washed" you're sadly mistaken.
Get ready for more 6 win seasons. Unless a team offers up a MASSIVE deal that they can't pass up.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1wyw1iu0 said:
Be careful what you wish for. If you actually think the team will be just fine w/out him. Or, if you actually think he's "washed" you're sadly mistaken.
Get ready for more 6 win seasons. Unless a team offers up a MASSIVE deal that they can't pass up.

Im fine with that

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
keasley45":298l1oof said:
pittpnthrs":298l1oof said:
keasley45":298l1oof said:

Since they are so vastly superior, they must also know that they are only RW away from the big game. They should call Russ's folks and get them to add them to his list of destinations.

But they can keep their qb. Brilliant foresight they had in picking him...

I'm sure he would love to play for the Browns. Better defense, better offensive line, better RBs, and most importantly, a better coach.

Yeah they missed on Mayfield. They realize how hard it is to get a good QB. Something a bunch of Seahawk fans apparently forgot too.