Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Off the bench

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Throwdown

Reaction score
Last year I would have agreed with you, but with spending a 1st rounder on JSN and the emergence of Bobo it's not a completely insane proposition.

DK's a stud, but the combo of the WR room additions and his cap hit going from 14M this year to almost 25M next year? It's not a non-starter for me anymore.

I'm also tired of his nonsense, but that's not even 10% of why I'd consider trading him, my previous sentence is why it's up for debate now.

Bobo is the reason? Really? That sounds ludicrous

907 MILITIA

Reaction score
When Singletary sent Vernon Davis to the locker room after a tantrum 15 yard flag (against us) that changed Vernon's whole career. Carroll doesn't have the gravitas of being one of the baddest men to ever play the game so I dunno if it'd have the same effect but it's clear the man child isn't getting the message. Something needs to be done. I love the guy when his head is on straight and I want him to figure it out here but he's had way too long to do so and have this result still.

Attachments

• IMG_5051.jpeg
    IMG_5051.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 3

djb28

Reaction score
I hope DK sees KJ's latest YouTube video. APparemt;y no one on that team is telling him to cut the shit.

TraderGary

Reaction score
I didn't hear him this morning - but again I saw that presser last night.

"Great Freaking Game" - I was like seriously dude, WTF? You've got your quarterback shouldering the blame for the loss, and pod-people have stolen your brain.

I love pete - but I thought last night's presser was a serious WTF moment. Up the same alley as throwing your phone instead of the challenge flag.

I couldn't believe it. It's like he forgot there was an offense. I'm sure he's glad Adams is back and survived the game, and - contributed but jeez.

Who marches to the beat of their own dummer? This dude:

View attachment 61264

Who needs to be benched, and won't be? Same Dude.
Well if you're going to act like a clown on the field, you may as well dress as one too.

toffee

Reaction score
Our next game against the Cardinals at home, would you prefer to start, sit, or let DK come off the bench?

907 MILITIA

Reaction score
Bobo is going to be a star. I'm sick of DK's attitude and penalties. Let's get a first rounder for him and get Cap room by trading this diva. He's just too costly for all that BS. And he doesn't catch everything. He's not Davante Adams or his old teammate AJ or even top ten.
Go away with this kind of non sense. Are Seahawks fans the dumbest fan base!?

Attachments

• 55CFE208-F178-4799-B859-E34AFDAF3F7A.jpeg
    55CFE208-F178-4799-B859-E34AFDAF3F7A.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 3

907 MILITIA

Reaction score
Yo I love Seahawks fans y’all been making me cry for like 20 years and now I’m finally returning the favor haha

sutz

Reaction score
He'll start. I hope they have him on a short leash if he does more shit, though. Getting penalized 15 yards for unnecessary cheap shots should not go unpunished.

Torc

Reaction score
It's a pretty normal statement by a coach to not start a player, and then he plays as normal the rest of the game. Low cost, but sends a message. Hits a player right where it hurts - in his pride.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
So let me get this right...you'd be willing to dump DK for an undrafted unproven rookie??? You've seen enough to make this call?

NoGain

Reaction score
The thing about DK is that he overrates his standing in the NFL. He's not only not a top 10 WR in the NFL, he's not a top 15 receiver or more in the NFL now. These guys are all ahead of him...

--Chase
--AJ Brown
--T. Hill
--D. Samuel
--Jefferson
--CD Lamb
--Kupp
-- G.Wilson
--D. Adams
--Kelce
--G. Pickens
--Waddle
--Diggs
--St. Brown
--Lockett

--etc...

Show it on the field. He acts likes he's some untouchable, and he's not nearly proven that yet. Get some maturity.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
You know what I really fear? DK getting a dickhead roughing penalty or taunting on like a
I didn't hear him this morning - but again I saw that presser last night.

"Great Freaking Game" - I was like seriously dude, WTF? You've got your quarterback shouldering the blame for the loss, and pod-people have stolen your brain.

I love pete - but I thought last night's presser was a serious WTF moment. Up the same alley as throwing your phone instead of the challenge flag.

I couldn't believe it. It's like he forgot there was an offense. I'm sure he's glad Adams is back and survived the game, and - contributed but jeez.

Who marches to the beat of their own dummer? This dude:

View attachment 61264

Who needs to be benched, and won't be? Same Dude.
That is, as the kids say, "DRIP". And I would be inclined to agree... as long as you're on your on a date with Janice from Electric Mayhem at a Michelin star restaurant on Sesame Street. 🙄

Xxx

Reaction score
I've been saying bench him for this shit since:

The Camera episode.

Wanna know who else has had enough? Top Billin:

If Seattle could get a haul of picks for DK, I think Seattle, should do it.

Seattle, needs a new franchise QB, an interior disruptor, additional security at guard, and possibly a replacement X receiver.

JSN, would stand to benefit from Seattle moving on from DK. If DK remains on the team, you don’t get growth from JSN. And also, if DK, remains on the team, JSN, could be negatively influenced.

You need to move on from DK as DK hasn’t shown he is a capable team player. There are a ton of good receivers coming into the league now, you don’t need to keep a malcontent on the team that is also a highly paid malcontent.

If Seattle can move DK, and recoup some top picks for him, they should do so.
Was he a third round pick or second?

Xxx

Reaction score
I'm down with trading DK. It's hard for me to say that because I wanted a large WR in this offense for DECADES. T.O. Megatron, etc. He's that guy but he's becoming a detriment to the team. Time to go. He's good but not great. Nobody confuses DK for a Top 3 WR in the league.

I say do it. Will they? Nope.
I can’t recall him ever taking over a game. Larry Fitzgerald is the model, DK doesn’t come close and he puts himself above the team

jeremiah

Reaction score
I've grown very tired of his immaturity. He's a dirty player who will take a cheap shot every chance he gets. And it's always well after the whistle and the defender is not paying attention. Happens nearly every week. He's a child in a man's body.

I have a very hard time cheering for someone like that. For me personally, he's become the most hated player on the team, and I'm embarrassed that he's a Seahawk.

It actually goes beyond that though. He's not a team player. He'll get upset if the ball is not coming his way as much as he thinks it should. And as a result, Geno is forcing the ball to him way too much, or zeroed in on him when other receivers are running open. He also takes plays off and quits on routes at times, which may have resulted in the second interception today.

I wish they would trade his ass for whatever they could get in return, but I know it won't happen. It' not Pete's style. With any other coach, there would absolutely have been ramifications. This crap has been going on far too long with DK and Pete needs to do something about it now. Enough is enough. Give his reps to Bobo. He may not be the athlete DK is, but he has more heart than DK will ever have.
DK caused the interception that lost them the game. He absolutely quit on a route across the middle. He also lets the ball into his arms to cradle it, like Lockett does it, but he catches them nearly 100% With his body and arm length, hardly anyone can deny him the ball unless the pass is low, or he doesn't adjust back to the QB. He has worth as trade bait, he is simply worth more gone than here.

jeremiah

Reaction score
After Pete 'sat him down' a couple weeks ago, I said: "This will last 2 weeks - just like a kid cleaning his room".

Just like clockwork......

I've been pretty much eviscerated on the whole YAC/effort issue when I bring it up.

The INT yesterday? Completely on DK. Wasn't in the right space at the right time because of - drumroll please - lazy route running, edition #45. Tantrum after he didn't get the end zone pass where he was open. He wasn't as open as he thought. Safety could have closed that window in .25 seconds. Latest 15 yarder - unacceptable.

I've said since the beginning: I just wish he would get his shit together. It's all mental with him. And again, there's a reason Top Billin' calls him 'Dennis Rodman Junior'.

And honestly - I don't WANT him to be traded, I want him to be fixed - but I'm losing confidence that's ever really going to happen - 'cause PC is so soft with players. And I don't know enough to speak intelligently about his contract/capspace/the whole issue.

Having said that, I've mentioned before: He is a leader on the team. The guys follow him and look up to him - and I've seen that on many occasions. I just wish he'd lead in the direction he's supposed to. And I'd say 'rant off' - 'cept it's not really a rant. It's a pattern.
His upside is in the past, the guy is should be gone, Like Donkey Kong. Unless he pulls a reversal and finds a QB like Tom Brady that commands respect. With his height he should get jump balls and never drop them. He doesn't , the TO comparison is apt, without the upside.