Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Off the bench

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

AgentDib

Reaction score
Posters can feel however they want about DK, but the basic facts about that play are being ludicrously misrepresented in this thread.

DK's play was 100% legal if the play was still going on, which he thought it was. He was 40 yards away from the whistle and missed it. The result is unfortunate, but it's a result of DK playing hard and not a temper tantrum or poor discipline in this particular case.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sit him for the first series. Time to send him a message.

If Carroll doesn't do something, the NFL surely will
I agree, sit him for the first series, perhaps even for the first quarter. But I don't think the league will do anything as nothing he's done is worthy of a suspension. Otherwise, he would have been suspended by now.

The problem isn't just with Metcalf. By doing nothing but giving him lip service, Pete runs the risk that the entire team could lose respect for him and see him as a meek, spinless wimp if he doesn't show some backbone and issue some discipline when it's called for. How is he going to discipline anyone if he doesn't suspend Metcalf for his repeated stupid penalties? This is as much about sending a message to the team as it is about Metcalf.

Last edited:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Learning the ability to control your emotions under pressure is something you have to internally want to do. So really it's up to DK. You can bench him, but again how long does that work for unless you bench him for an entire game and there is still the issue of the talent/threat he brings to the field. It's a tough thing to figure out what to do as as coach regarding him and his hot head. Too bad they can't get Sherman to play practice reps with him and just tear him up all practice and then chastise DK whenever he loses his cool as a way to practice real game situations against a tough physical/mental CB.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Learning the ability to control your emotions under pressure is something you have to internally want to do. So really it's up to DK. You can bench him, but again how long does that work for unless you bench him for an entire game and there is still the issue of the talent/threat he brings to the field. It's a tough thing to figure out what to do as as coach regarding him and his hot head. Too bad they can't get Sherman to play practice reps with him and just tear him up all practice and then chastise DK whenever he loses his cool as a way to practice real game situations against a tough physical/mental CB.
I would have loved to have seen Richard Sherman try to get into Steve Largent's head.

And as I said above, this goes beyond just trying to get Metcalf squared away. By letting him get away with it without the slightest of consequences, Pete is sending the wrong signal to the rest of the team.

morgulon1

Reaction score
He'll start. I hope they have him on a short leash if he does more shit, though. Getting penalized 15 yards for unnecessary cheap shots should not go unpunished.
Especially since he does it quite often.
I wonder what his total amount of penalties/ yards are and when he does it. It has cost the team first downs , field position and momentum. It's so selfish and unnecessary. I wonder what his teammates think? Not like anyone would want to throw hands with him but he wouldn't have gotten away with that when the Legion was in full effect.

Someone has to get his attention if the head coach won't .

I don't think Seattle is getting their ROI on his deal and it goes up considerably next season .

Oh, I'd sit him at the start of the game with the understanding that his next offense he'll be a healthy scratch.See
if the other WR can use the snaps more effectively without getting personal fouls

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Yup… KJ in his live post game Q&A was asked about accountability and he said, well There is no real ”leaders” on the offensive side to give and hold people accountable and that needs to start with Coach Carroll.. I love him but he needs to hold players accountable, which the team lacks. DK.. I get it but as someone who played, he’s a dawg on that team.. a team that’s hasn’t had much of a bark in recent years.

not verbatim but damn close.
Need Beef mode, ML please put down the swishers and pickup the white courtesy phone. Marshawn Lynch as captain. Bring in Frank Clark for 4th qaurter. Wee.