Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Off the bench

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
DK keeps acting like a child and hurting the team. No discussion there, just fact.

Is his continuation, with little repercussion, similar to the previous dynamic of RCW never being held accountable? Might this situation be creating some drama? JSN isn't getting his touches and DK keeps getting fed only to turn around and get a -15 penalty. To me, this seems like a problem that is just growing and getting out of hand.
I've been saying bench him for this shit since:

The Camera episode.

Wanna know who else has had enough? Top Billin:

He's said it a few times before - but in this video he's a little more pointed.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
No sense in having these weapons if you're going to have Geno as your QB. Right or wrong DK is frustrated with our QB.
Hate to keep banging the drum - but go watch the top billin episode below.

He's not as open as he 'thinks' he is. And that INT was squarely on shitty route running by DK.

Go have a look. I did. It opened my eyes a little bit further.

Aircrew

Reaction score
It actually goes beyond that though. He's not a team player. He'll get upset if the ball is not coming his way as much as he thinks it should. And as a result, Geno is forcing the ball to him way too much, or zeroed in on him when other receivers are running open. He also takes plays off and quits on routes at times, which may have resulted in the second interception today.
I saw quite a bit of this yesterday. Trade him to the Chiefs for a king's ransom, they need a receiver.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
It's time for meaningful discipline, or to trade him. We have the personnel, that we can be fine without him. Plus, just think of all the defensive guys we might improve the team with on a trade? Much as I'd hate to see that level of receiving talent go away, this can't just continue as is...

Xxx

Reaction score
He did NOT stop the route. That was a sh** pass, it was going to be picked regardless.
Watch it again, look where the guy picks it off. Geno doesn't get a pass, and DK needs to grow up. Also, take a look at how many times guys were wide open for TD's. DK/Tyler and JSN ALL were wide open in that game for TD's.
GENO SUCKED yesterday.
I thought it looked DK quit running before the ball was even close to being there, as if he had no idea the ball was coming. But the throw was even worse. The throw K9 caught with one finger was terrible too and that was like 12 ‘
PLEASE DONT LET GENO WASTE THIS DEFENSE

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
If Seattle could get a haul of picks for DK, I think Seattle, should do it.

Seattle, needs a new franchise QB, an interior disruptor, additional security at guard, and possibly a replacement X receiver.

JSN, would stand to benefit from Seattle moving on from DK. If DK remains on the team, you don’t get growth from JSN. And also, if DK, remains on the team, JSN, could be negatively influenced.

You need to move on from DK as DK hasn’t shown he is a capable team player. There are a ton of good receivers coming into the league now, you don’t need to keep a malcontent on the team that is also a highly paid malcontent.

If Seattle can move DK, and recoup some top picks for him, they should do so.

evergreen

Reaction score
Bobo is going to be a star. I'm sick of DK's attitude and penalties. Let's get a first rounder for him and get Cap room by trading this diva. He's just too costly for all that BS. And he doesn't catch everything. He's not Davante Adams or his old teammate AJ or even top ten.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
This is a crazy thread no one wanted to create, good job for having the courage to do so.

I made a crazy one about Tyler, DK seems to make sense as well only if he doesn't fix his lil attitude.

Grow up or leave, why so cold? We won't win a championship with it.

DK needs to watch his draft video a few times, crying on his parents' sofa, ask him what that kid in that moment would say to him right now.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I agree, I've had it with him. My tolerance is razor thin for people who put their feelings above the team. That pacifier he loves to sport is fitting for him.

His production can easily be replaced by the combo of JSN & Bobo. They can get rid of a diva & get more targets for JSN, kill two birds with one stone.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
If the Seahawks were to trade Metcalf this year, they'd eat $11.5M of dead money this season plus $23M of dead money next year to gain a tiny amount of cap space this year (if they traded him today, they'd save just over $1.55M, and that goes down by $129K each game he isn't traded) and make some other team's roster stronger.

Metcalf would go to another team and play for $129K per game this season, a spectacularly low price for whatever team were to acquire him. Metcalf's salaries for 2024 and 2025 are currently not guaranteed. His 2024 salary of $13M becomes fully guaranteed if he's on a team's roster on the fifth day of the league year next year (I believe that's St. Patrick's Day - the 17th of March). I don't believe his 2025 salary becomes guaranteed until after the season starts in September of '25 (the salary of any vested veteran on an NFL roster when a season starts becomes fully guaranteed for that season).

This is just a bad idea in so many ways.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
After Pete 'sat him down' a couple weeks ago, I said: "This will last 2 weeks - just like a kid cleaning his room".

Just like clockwork......

I've been pretty much eviscerated on the whole YAC/effort issue when I bring it up.

The INT yesterday? Completely on DK. Wasn't in the right space at the right time because of - drumroll please - lazy route running, edition #45. Tantrum after he didn't get the end zone pass where he was open. He wasn't as open as he thought. Safety could have closed that window in .25 seconds. Latest 15 yarder - unacceptable.

I've said since the beginning: I just wish he would get his shit together. It's all mental with him. And again, there's a reason Top Billin' calls him 'Dennis Rodman Junior'.

And honestly - I don't WANT him to be traded, I want him to be fixed - but I'm losing confidence that's ever really going to happen - 'cause PC is so soft with players. And I don't know enough to speak intelligently about his contract/capspace/the whole issue.

Having said that, I've mentioned before: He is a leader on the team. The guys follow him and look up to him - and I've seen that on many occasions. I just wish he'd lead in the direction he's supposed to. And I'd say 'rant off' - 'cept it's not really a rant. It's a pattern.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I’m all for trading DK but you gotta do it when the return for him is highest.

The NFL saw his film yesterday and teams will not give a lot for that.

Buy low, sell high.

I’d wait until a 3 TD game or even until the off season to trade DK.

I’ll take a Pro-Bowl Guard over DK right now.

JSN can takeover the X receiver anyways and Seattle can draft Rome Odunze to replace DK.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm down with trading DK. It's hard for me to say that because I wanted a large WR in this offense for DECADES. T.O. Megatron, etc. He's that guy but he's becoming a detriment to the team. Time to go. He's good but not great. Nobody confuses DK for a Top 3 WR in the league.

I say do it. Will they? Nope.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
After Pete 'sat him down' a couple weeks ago, I said: "This will last 2 weeks - just like a kid cleaning his room".

Just like clockwork......

I've been pretty much eviscerated on the whole YAC/effort issue when I bring it up.

The INT yesterday? Completely on DK. Wasn't in the right space at the right time because of - drumroll please - lazy route running, edition #45. Tantrum after he didn't get the end zone pass where he was open. He wasn't as open as he thought. Safety could have closed that window in .25 seconds. Latest 15 yarder - unacceptable.

I've said since the beginning: I just wish he would get his shit together. It's all mental with him. And again, there's a reason Top Billin' calls him 'Dennis Rodman Junior'.

And honestly - I don't WANT him to be traded, I want him to be fixed - but I'm losing confidence that's ever really going to happen - 'cause PC is so soft with players. And I don't know enough to speak intelligently about his contract/capspace/the whole issue.

Having said that, I've mentioned before: He is a leader on the team. The guys follow him and look up to him - and I've seen that on many occasions. I just wish he'd lead in the direction he's supposed to. And I'd say 'rant off' - 'cept it's not really a rant. It's a pattern.
Dennis Rodman, was a team player, though. That’s the difference.

Rodman, aside, from a few officiating calls, was loved by his teammates and didn’t pick fights with other players.

Rodman, was also DPOY.

I love the Worm! Rodman, was awesome! A Legend!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Dennis Rodman, was a team player, though. That’s the difference.

Rodman, aside, from a few officiating calls, was loved by his teammates and didn’t pick fights with other players.

Rodman, was also DPOY.

I love the Worm! Rodman, was awesome! A Legend!
I dunno - I never followed him. EDIT: never followed him as a player - just saw many of his antics on the news -

He lost me at North Korea tho - ;) That just got weird.