D Played GREAT

OP
OP
W

Welshers

DangeRussHawk":2w49hbxm said:
LTH":2w49hbxm said:
Welshers":2w49hbxm said:
Adams stepped up as well. Played great with a lot of heat on him. The Saints have only scored less than 21 once this season before tonight. D played lights out. Two of the Saints drives were extended by absolute bogus penalties. They should have had even less than 13. Great job by the D and KNJ, something to build on here. When Russ comes back we're gonna be tough to beat

There was some improvement in the D for sure..

Tough game to lose

2 missed FG,

Bone head penalty's

Its a tough road now... I haven't given up but the Seahawks need some help from other teams in the division losing..

It's not over but the window is almost shut..

Very disappointing especially because the D played so well... they played well enough to win the game.. actually so did the O those 2 missed FG is what cost the game along with that roughing the passer penalty

LTH

Come on dude. Kamara had nearly 200 yards offense and kept feeding him the ball all night. Pete Carroll looked like a complete idiot tonight with his game plan, horrendous play calling and not adjusting at all and yet you want to point out the kicker and a dumb@$$ penalty when this has been the case week after week, season after season. Is Pete Carroll your relative or something? This team flat out sucks stop trying to convince yourself otherwise in every single aspect.
The Hawks made them one dimensional

hawker84

Reaction score
PNW":3ro2505i said:
Adams isn’t even the best safety on our team...

Thank you. Sometimes I wonder what game people are watching? Bright spot? Not from where I'm sitting, at least not so far....

hawker84

Reaction score
They played decent against a terrible Winston, I'll give them that. But saying Adams stepped up is not accurate, he just didn't have any glaring mistakes. He had an alright game. He's not elite, he's not even the best safety on our team. I'd take Diggs over him all day err day...

As far as Norton is concerned, day late and a dollar short on covering Kamara. He's one of the best recieving backs in the league and their superstar, he should have been priority 1 from first whistle....

RVA_311

Reaction score
Welshers":1yye6p48 said:
DangeRussHawk":1yye6p48 said:
LTH":1yye6p48 said:
Welshers":1yye6p48 said:
Adams stepped up as well. Played great with a lot of heat on him. The Saints have only scored less than 21 once this season before tonight. D played lights out. Two of the Saints drives were extended by absolute bogus penalties. They should have had even less than 13. Great job by the D and KNJ, something to build on here. When Russ comes back we're gonna be tough to beat

Tough game to lose

2 missed FG,

Bone head penalty's

Its a tough road now... I haven't given up but the Seahawks need some help from other teams in the division losing..

Very disappointing especially because the D played so well... they played well enough to win the game.. actually so did the O those 2 missed FG is what cost the game along with that roughing the passer penalty

LTH

Come on dude. Kamara had nearly 200 yards offense and kept feeding him the ball all night. Pete Carroll looked like a complete idiot tonight with his game plan, horrendous play calling and not adjusting at all and yet you want to point out the kicker and a dumb@$$ penalty when this has been the case week after week, season after season. Is Pete Carroll your relative or something? This team flat out sucks stop trying to convince yourself otherwise in every single aspect.

I don't know that it was that as much as it was the Saints taking what Seattle was giving them...which was an inexplicably open Alvin Kamara all night long.

LTH

Reaction score
DangeRussHawk":oozhpa7i said:
LTH":oozhpa7i said:
Welshers":oozhpa7i said:

Tough game to lose

2 missed FG,

Bone head penalty's

LTH

The difference between you and me is that I enjoyed the football game because it was a great game...I'm not so emotionally involved that it destroys my whole day if the Hawks lose... Yeah they lost the game and the chances of them making the play offs are slim... oooook... I'm not going to cry about it like a little whiny b!tch... there is still a lot of football to be played... I enjoy watching football the ups and the downs are all part of the game...

Last night I enjoyed the game ... pretty sure if I was in a room with you guys I WOULD NOT have enjoyed the game...

I don't care if Kamara had a big game the bottom line is the D is getting better they have turned the corner... the D gave up 13 points to an O that averaged 21 a game... gave up one TD to the best red Zone O in the league...

Russ is coming back soon lets be men instead of boys... put your tissue away and lets see what happens...

LTH

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2ptcwhh2 said:
Kamara had darn near 200 yards of offense and that was with Winston playing as bad as Geno in the rain. Sorry if i'm not sold on the defense just yet.
Darn Near 200 Yards, & only ONE TD.....Defense was NOT the problem last night.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":rkvteaah said:
incompletion, two sacks in a row because he is weak at escaping, and then a game ending bad incompletion. Bye bye, bring on another QB.
Real change needs to happen, before things truly improve.

Fact; After that first sack?, I'm not kidding, I swear I saw Wilson on the side-line mouthing "That's The Game"

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Opponent scoring 13 points = Great
Opponent with a 10 minute drive in the 2nd quarter = Not great
Opponent with 10 minute drive in 2nd qtr that ends in a field goal = Good
Letting Alvin Kamara run 15 yards before anyone was even near him = Not great

Overall the way the D played yesterday, I think if your offense can be top 10 (For all 4 quarters of a game) the D that played yesterday is generally good enough to win games. Although I still don't like giving up so much space because without pressure it did leave to long drives for the opposing offense.

Mizak

Reaction score
LTH":3jdafk8b said:
DangeRussHawk":3jdafk8b said:
LTH":3jdafk8b said:
Welshers":3jdafk8b said:

Tough game to lose

2 missed FG,

Bone head penalty's

LTH

The difference between you and me is that I enjoyed the football game because it was a great game...I'm not so emotionally involved that it destroys my whole day if the Hawks lose... Yeah they lost the game and the chances of them making the play offs are slim... oooook... I'm not going to cry about it like a little whiny b!tch... there is still a lot of football to be played... I enjoy watching football the ups and the downs are all part of the game...

Last night I enjoyed the game ... pretty sure if I was in a room with you guys I WOULD NOT have enjoyed the game...

I don't care if Kamara had a big game the bottom line is the D is getting better they have turned the corner... the D gave up 13 points to an O that averaged 21 a game... gave up one TD to the best red Zone O in the league...

Russ is coming back soon lets be men instead of boys... put your tissue away and lets see what happens...

LTH

Did you enjoy the 9 straight runs by the Seahawks?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
rva82":1e9ir24u said:
Welshers":1e9ir24u said:
DangeRussHawk":1e9ir24u said:
LTH":1e9ir24u said:

Tough game to lose

2 missed FG,

Bone head penalty's

LTH

I don't know that it was that as much as it was the Saints taking what Seattle was giving them...which was an inexplicably open Alvin Kamara all night long.
Dude...That was the "One Dimensional" that he was talking about....AND nearly 200 yards & only ONE touchdown....13 points?....This loss was NOT on our Defense.

keasley45

Reaction score
LTH":gbsnz2fb said:
DangeRussHawk":gbsnz2fb said:
LTH":gbsnz2fb said:
Welshers":gbsnz2fb said:

Tough game to lose

2 missed FG,

Bone head penalty's

LTH

LTH

Don't even bother trying to defend the position. It's well beyond logic in here anymore. It's an exercise in polarization. There will be an exception to every positive step made if it flies in the face of the notion that the entire FO, right up to the owner, is a complete and utter failure and in need of replacement. Now even the whole defense needs to go apparently, except Wags and Diggs.

LTH

Reaction score
Mizak":e54gc37p said:
LTH":e54gc37p said:
DangeRussHawk":e54gc37p said:
LTH":e54gc37p said:

Tough game to lose

2 missed FG,

Bone head penalty's

LTH

LTH

Did you enjoy the 9 straight runs by the Seahawks?

I think I understood why that happened... If you look at the last 2 games you can see that Geno turned the ball over to lose the game... I think Pete was trying to avoid huge mistakes because he didn't have confidence in Geno... I think he was justified in the conservative game plan... I don't think that was the reason this team lost the game... the 2 missed FG was HUGE...the D penalty's were HUGE... it wasn't the game plan that lost the game it was mental errors and special teams not executing that lost the game..

So many want to blame it on Carroll ok... if they would have opened up the passing game and Geno would have gotten sacked 3 more times or he would have thrown a pick or two they would have had more of a chance of losing the game... what would have happened? everyone would have blamed Carroll...

even if the Hawks win this game nothing changes on this board still Carroll needs to go...there is nothing short of winning the SB that can save Carrolls job in the eyes of this board...

It doesn't matter to me... I'm going to enjoy the rest of the season because I LOVE to watch football and I/m not going to cry in my soup over things I do not control...

LTH

xray

Reaction score
Great ? Against a mediocre offense in bad weather ? Nope

Chapow

Reaction score
DangeRussHawk":2v6nz3pr said:
LTH":2v6nz3pr said:
Welshers":2v6nz3pr said:

Tough game to lose

2 missed FG,

Bone head penalty's

LTH

So are you saying that you don't think the D played well?

Which of these things do you disagree with?

Our D held the Saints to 13 points.

Our D held the Saints to 304 yards of offense.
(For perspective, there are only 2 teams in the NFL that give up less than 300 yards per game, so in this era of NFL football holding a team to 300 yards is very good.)

We lost by 3 points in a game that our up until very recently very good kicker missed 2 field goals.

Look, I get it. I'm incredibly frustrated with this team too. But it's still OK to acknowledge when they play well in one aspect of the game despite being upset with the team, and more specifically, Pete Carroll, overall.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
No they didn't play well and haven't played well in years. How can you consider them playing well when of the 300+ yards they gave up almost 200 of them were from a RUNNING BACK. They're not all to blame though, lack of in game adjustments and coaching plays into this as well which is why Carroll and KNJ need to go. There's zero positives from this game. Jameis Winston flat out sucks so having a game where you're playing against Winston and in the rain yet give up 300 yards is nothing to be proud about.

Chapow

Reaction score
DangeRussHawk":2vsuc385 said:
No they didn't play well and haven't played well in years. How can you consider them playing well when of the 300+ yards they gave up almost 200 of them were from a RUNNING BACK. They're not all to blame though, lack of in game adjustments and coaching plays into this as well which is why Carroll and KNJ need to go. There's zero positives from this game. Jameis Winston flat out sucks so having a game where you're playing against Winston and in the rain yet give up 300 yards is nothing to be proud about.

Because whether you're willing to admit it or not, in this era of NFL football, holding a team to 304 yards of total offense is very good. Holding a team to 13 points is very good. I really couldn't care less if Kamara racked up 200 yards when they basically shut down the entire rest of that offense other than Kamara, and he only scored 1 TD, and that was the only TD they gave up the entire game.

Can you explain the logic to me that the only indicator of whether the D played well or not is how many yards Kamara got while completely disregarding how many total points and total yards the Saints got? Because that might just be the most arbitrary argument I've ever seen.

LTH

Reaction score
Chapow":1bmx9225 said:
DangeRussHawk":1bmx9225 said:

Because whether you're willing to admit it or not, in this era of NFL football, holding a team to 304 yards of total offense is very good. Holding a team to 13 points is very good. I really couldn't care less if Kamara racked up 200 yards when they basically shut down the entire rest of that offense other than Kamara, and he only scored 1 TD, and that was the only TD they gave up the entire game.

Can you explain the logic to me that the only indicator of whether the D played well or not is how many yards Kamara got while completely disregarding how many total points and total yards the Saints got? Because that might just be the most arbitrary argument I've ever seen.

it's a waist of breath trying to convince these people of anything... what your saying makes complete since to me...

LTH

RVA_311

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2wjzrs7b said:
rva82":2wjzrs7b said:
Welshers":2wjzrs7b said:
DangeRussHawk":2wjzrs7b said:

Dude...That was the "One Dimensional" that he was talking about....AND nearly 200 yards & only ONE touchdown....13 points?....This loss was NOT on our Defense.

You'll have to remind me where I posted that the loss WAS squarely on the D? (Hint: you won't find it because I never said it).

The D looked better overall and I blame Geno and the coaching staff far more for the loss itself...but there were still mind-numbingly stupid things the D did as well: Woods' offside, Blair's idiotic penalty, Brooks going for a pump fake 3 yards beyond the LOS, Neal just not going w/ Kamara on his TD catch. Those things can end up mattering as much as missed FG's, offensive penalties, etc. It was just a shitty overall game any way you look at it.