Comeback Kid - Russell Wilson

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":20ty31jj said:
Hawknballs":20ty31jj said:
hawkfan1975":20ty31jj said:
This wasn't a "RW led comeback".

Not at all actually.

no but he made some clutch plays against a shaky o-line to keep us in the game, that no other QB would have been able to make. Can't take that away from him.

Well you're right about the last qrtr clutch plays. Yes.
I just don't agree (at all) with "that no other qb could make".
Oh well, no big.

Name one QB that could have escaped the pocket the way he did for positive gains in the 2nd. There are guys that have great pocket presence and there are guys that have the athleticism to escape when they have a clear lane, but not both. Russell has both and he escapes to areas to find his own lane where it appears, even on TV where you can see a good portion of the field, there is no place to go.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Im just being honest here, there are concerns. We won and I'm enjoying that right now. There's nothing more I can say about it anyway, just need to let it play out and hope my concern is the nonsense you think it is.

hawk45

Reaction score
I think everyone agrees RW had a good drive in the 4th quarter that was important.

I think an RW-led comeback for sure would be like happened in Chicago (that's an extremely obvious example but you get the difference between that game and this game). In this game, the defense gave the offense chance after chance after chance in the 4th quarter and even OT to do ANYTHING and the O couldn't do much. In that situation, the best RW could do was not turn the ball over and that's good poise. I don't know how much more I would expect out of any QB getting that kind of pressure.

But it was the defense who gave the offense a million chances to finally do something that won this game. They carried it. RW was clutch when he could be but the D led the way.

razor150

Reaction score
OrFan":3iqvopfu said:
We have never had a qb who could do what Wilson pulled off today. If it were not for the magic he pulled off with his feet today, we would have lost. He did pretty well all game considering how bad the offensive line was.

I seem to remember a game where Derrick Thomas set the record for sacks in one game and a comeback win on a last second throw by Dave Krieg. Krieg probably had the worst single day any QB has ever seen that day, certainly worse then what Wilson saw today. You do Wilson no credit by downplaying the accomplishments of his predecessors.

Wilson made some plays, but unless he is responsible for Sherman's pick 6 then he is getting far more credit then he deserves.