Chances Hawks trade their first round pick to move down?

balakoth

Reaction score
I know everyone got use to us trading down.. but whens the last time we traded down wit ha top 15 pick

Spohawks

Reaction score
I think this is Pete's and John's dream draft. Real draft capital to trade and plenty of trade partners.

With a few High end players guaranteed to slip to 9, There are to many teams that think they are 1 to 2 players away from the Super Bowl to not offer the Hawks the world for a trade.

sutz

Reaction score
I know everyone got use to us trading down.. but whens the last time we traded down wit ha top 15 pick
But that kind of works both ways. Good chance of a blue chipper they want there at 9. There's also a chance there might be 2-3 guys they want there at 9, where they could trade back a couple of picks and still get one of their guys and more pick(s) later in the draft. That's why I predicted it's about 50-50 they do trade back.

Oh, and I don't think they had a top 15 pick since 2010/11.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Oh, and I don't think they had a top 15 pick since 2010/11.

Right. The PC/JS Seahawks have never traded away a top-15 pick. They used their one top-ten pick to get Okung, and their other two top-15 picks to get Bruce Irvin and Earl Thomas. One very minor correction: Irvin was picked in 2012.

Even Irvin, the weakest of those three picks, has had a career above the average for players picked in the first round, so even though they probably did "reach," the pick turned out to be reasonably good (it's only "probably" because I don't know how they were evaluating players, and there have been several cases when the Seahawks valued a player differently from other teams and "draft experts," and the Seahawks' evaluation ended up looking good). The other two were very good picks, both in terms of what was known at the time of the picks and in terms of how the player's NFL career went.

That said, your point is excellent - they might find themselves in a position where there are multiple guys they like at pick #9 and there's somebody willing to give them good return for trading down a few (or several) spots and the Seahawks think they can still get one of the two.

There's also the possibility that they get to the situation where there's a small drop from the players available to them at pick #9 and the ones they expect to be available at the end of the first or even beginning of the second round, so they make a bigger trade down.

On the other hand, I've read that this year, there are fewer teams than usual that might be interested in trading up, and there are several teams that might be interested in trading down, so it might be hard to find downward-trade opportunities.

This is the first time in a long time that I'm this intrigued by what might happen in the first round of the NFL draft.

u0087966

Reaction score
I think Philly might be a good trade partner. I think it would be interesting to get Philly's 15 and 18 for the Hawks 9, 40 (and possibly 109). I hear the Eagle like that Georgia tackle (Jordan Davis) but are afraid the Ravens will pick him at 14. The Hawks could get possibly Penning, Johnson in the 1st.
Well...I was pretty close Philly did move up ahead of the Ravens but it wasn't with the Seahawks.