Trade down options

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
If they could trade back a few spots and still get Penix or JJ and a 2nd, then great. But not if it's too risky.
The caveat of the draft is that anything you do is risky. That's why I like staying in the upper end to take my chances. Strange, I know, because I take the opposite approach when playing the ponies...

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Well trading back lowers the cost of the cap, plus we could pick up a second round selection. Think it like spreading peanut butter on your toast. And the second round selection is the jam. Strawberry yum.

GemCity

Reaction score
If they could trade back a few spots and still get Penix or JJ and a 2nd, then great. But not if it's too risky.
I’ve seen a few mocks (that aren’t necessarily to be trusted) where we trade back and nab one of those two.

I’m normally not an advocate of trading back but, it makes a lot of sense in this particular draft.

If we get a QBotF out of this, it’s going to be a guy that folks assumed would be mid-tier as I don’t see a lot of teams in the top 10 that will be willing to make a move…

Chicago is definitely a wildcard though…do they keep rocking with Fields or?

WarHawks

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of mocks with the Raiders picking JJ at #13, and Penix going mid to late 1st or 2nd. So, it's likely one of them will be available at 16, but if they both have great combines, that's not a sure thing.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I not so sure about trading back any more. Unless a bidding war breaks out, but the value of the 16th pick just doesn't appeal to be there.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Penix will slide come draft day due to his injury history and JJ will go in round two.
JJ is getting picked early. Michigan fan boys all over the media have hyped him into the top 10. Someone is going to make a big mistake

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I would only like to see them move back if they can add a 2nd within the top 50. It limits the possible partners, but there are a couple that have that ability if they were inclined.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I'm convinced they won't trade back. too much value at 16 especially with a ton of QB's going early there will be some high value guys available on defense that will be too good to pass up.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Since MM is of the Harbaugh tree, it wouldn't surprise me if he goes for JJ at 16. If they think they can get their guy later however, then trading back makes sense.
nobody that values their job is taking Macarthy at 16.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I'm convinced they won't trade back. too much value at 16 especially with a ton of QB's going early there will be some high value guys available on defense that will be too good to pass up.
My thoughts as well.

It only makes sense to move back if they get a great offer. Like a top 50 pick in return. Otherwise, just stick & pick.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Redskins 36, 40 and 73 about right to trade out of 1st

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
I want JPJ and I'd be worried about trading back and be behind the Steelers and Dallas😣

NoGain

Reaction score
My thoughts as well.

It only makes sense to move back if they get a great offer. Like a top 50 pick in return. Otherwise, just stick & pick.
Yup. There's a decent chance there will either be a potential difference maker on OL or DL, or possibly a QB that falls to them that they like. The Hawks are right in that tight zone where it's *slightly* more possible to draft a blue chip prospect than to trade down for additional quality talent. It's close depending upon how their draft board actually looks.

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I not so sure about trading back any more. Unless a bidding war breaks out, but the value of the 16th pick just doesn't appeal to be there.
It's a logical spot for a team who needs a tackle to trade up or back into the first round. If we're open for business, there'll be some action on the line. Guess it depends on the offers.

Latest posts