Trade down options

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JPJ is a center not a guard. I do think JPJ will be an All-Pro many times over in the NFL.
Also, as to the second part of that comment, I've got a ways to go before I can get there with JPJ. I've got him a little below guys like Ragnow and Kelly coming out. Better than JMS last year, though.

That being said, I watched like, half of a game plus some Senior Bowl reps. So idk.

I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him necessarily, but not at 16. I'd need a hefty trade down before I'd consider that sorta pick.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I realize that you've probably never seen elite talent coming from Delaware so I'll let it slide.
Also, I've got to reply to this one.

I live 40 minutes south of Philly. I live an hour and change away from Baltimore. I went to college at Chuck Knox's alma mater, which is 30 minutes or so away from Penn State.

Be for real.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I'm going to add more fuel to this fire...

I'm cool with trading down. But...I want Quinyon Mitchell. I think both he and Terrion Arnold are top 15 talent. I do think Jackson Powers-Johnson is a first round talent but probably not top 20. But I won't be mad if they take him at the native pick.

I'm into acquiring talent. I'm not too fixed about positions.

12forlife

Reaction score
Also, I've got to reply to this one.

I live 40 minutes south of Philly. I live an hour and change away from Baltimore. I went to college at Chuck Knox's alma mater, which is 30 minutes or so away from Penn State.

Be for real.
I just have to laugh at that point? Penn State what Elite QB have they ever had? Pointless to your argument.

chris98251

Reaction score
Dude you don't now your a$$ from a hole in the ground. Watch some college football, look a guy up on YouTube, look at their stats & records?
Hell watch some sports Television. I didn't call them all elite did I? Nope? Funny all but Travis & Rattler are in 1st round discussion. This is considered an "Elite QB class" "deepest in decades" I've heard that from several different talking heads in the NFL, so not just my opinion.
My term of elite is a college QB that shows ME the intangibles to be a NFL starting QB. May win the SB, may be a pro bowler, might just be a solid starting QB? But with the guys I list including Travis & Rattler imo could all be better then Geno, plus younger, and cheaper, and wouldn't have to dummy down the offense! I realize that you've probably never seen elite talent coming from Delaware so I'll let it slide.
Rich Gannon went there and Joe Flacco, just a FYI.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I’m not as high on penix. He folds under pressure often. Great talent but not good with pressure which he will get at the pro level. The more tape I watch and this time of year I ramp it up. I say trade to late 1st or high 2nd and get a 1st next year. Take barton, powers-Johnson or the g/t from Uw (can’t think of his name at the moment. Then 2nd take with Murphy or sweat at DT. I prefer sweat right now. Next year if we have 2 1sts that would be both a great time and opportunity to get that QBOTF
LOL WHAAAAT? he is the very definition of clutch. He didn't take sacks because he gets the ball out quickly. He will be the most successful QB in this draft.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Not a single one of those prospects is an elite prospect, which is why they're all likely to be available at 16.

If they were elite, they'd be gone by 16. They'd be gone by 10.

My entire point is that they should pass on the position if they don't have a prospect they're entirely sold on. If you disagree with that point, then it does seem like you're advocating for a forced pick at the spot.
incorrect. Penix is elite.

chris98251

Reaction score
I like Penix, would use him as a traditional QB drop back with elusive abilities, not someone you expect to break out and run for yards, he can do it but his injuries and susceptibility for future ones would make it dangerous to use him that way, he is not a thick guy, body much like RG III. But the arm, the awareness, throwing guys open, release is all there as is the mental toughness and processor.

12forlife

Reaction score
LOL WHAAAAT? he is the very definition of clutch. He didn't take sacks because he gets the ball out quickly. He will be the most successful QB in this draft.
WOOOOOOOOW! Now that is rich, best overall???? Penix could be in similar air with CJ Stroud? I don't want to be a Debby Downer simply because Penix could be the Hawks QBOTF. I just see something different from him he can't move well enough Ala Burrow, I see him being injured often in the NFL. I couldn't have been the only person that seen him this season continually grabbing at his ribs/mid section.

chris98251

Reaction score
^Trent Dilfer also won SB
Yes he did, but he didn't have to do much more then hand the ball off, also Dilfer never even sniffed an MVP award which Rich won. But hey why quibble about QB's who go to Super Bowls, win MVP's and went to Delaware whom you stated didn't have any QB's of note.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I generally have a dim view of trading down, UNLESS you absolutely cannot get the guy you really want at your pick spot. Otherwise I don't like the prospects of getting more lessor players instead of a few really good ones. IOW I would rather trade up than down.
Trading up is a possibility too. If they target a player, John needs to go get him. Its the situation that the hawks are in I would think that trading back is the most likly the way things will go.

12forlife

Reaction score
Trading up is a possibility too. If they target a player, John needs to go get him. Its the situation that the hawks are in I would think that trading back is the most likly the way things will go.
Hope it's JJ McCarthy! 😜

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Highly doubtful considering the Hawks don’t have a 2nd rd pick

12forlife

Reaction score
If you feel he is our QBOTF, you take him @ 16 if available

WarHawks

Reaction score
If they could trade back a few spots and still get Penix or JJ and a 2nd, then great. But not if it's too risky.