Trade down options

Chawker

Reaction score
IF we entertain this option and our "guy" isn't there at 16 then trading back makes this a good option.

The perfect trade down would be with the Packers, letting them move up from 25, they would have to throw in there 57 pick.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
I’m honestly all for this. Extremely deep draft. Not sure who they would target at 16 but we need work in the trenches on both sides. And a slide down would go a long way

Seahawker

Reaction score
#16 is worth 1,000 points.
#32 is worth 590 pts, dropping 10 points per pick to #40 at 500 points.

So basically #16 is worth two high 2nd rounders or a low 1st & a mid 2nd...
Or three low 2nd rounders. Throw in a 3rd or 4th rounder where necessary.

The catch is you need a trade partner and for your targeted players to fall to you. I think in some of our previous trade downs over the years, that some of their "targeted" players were poached before we picked.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Trade down with someone who wants nix or JJ. Get into the late 20s, take Jackson Powers-Johnson. He is dominating everyone so far in Mobile, can play C and G

In the 2nd round get the DT from Texas or if Penix is still there grab him.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Trade down with someone who wants nix or JJ. Get into the late 20s, take Jackson Powers-Johnson. He is dominating everyone so far in Mobile, can play C and G

I like the sound of that, positionally that would go a long ways to solving problems on both sides of the ball.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score

I’m not as high on penix. He folds under pressure often. Great talent but not good with pressure which he will get at the pro level. The more tape I watch and this time of year I ramp it up. I say trade to late 1st or high 2nd and get a 1st next year. Take barton, powers-Johnson or the g/t from Uw (can’t think of his name at the moment. Then 2nd take with Murphy or sweat at DT. I prefer sweat right now. Next year if we have 2 1sts that would be both a great time and opportunity to get that QBOTF

Chevy

Reaction score
Trade down with someone who wants nix or JJ. Get into the late 20s, take Jackson Powers-Johnson.

Agree...If we trade down, IMO as of the last few weeks, our guy should be Oregon OC Jackson Powers-Johnson. He is the best OC in the draft! Great pass blocker and mean run blocker. I don't see any defensive difference makers, in mocks, being available later in the 1st round. Which is why JPJ or a QB that John like should be our target.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
Penix folds under pressure often? Holy hell, do you even watch football? That's hilarious.
That's top 10 in the dumbest things I've ever read on dot net.
Thanks for that laugh, that was awesome.
I don’t mean pressure as in a pressure situation. He’s actually quite good at that. He folds when he doesn’t have a lot of time. Should have been more specific I guess.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
#16 is worth 1,000 points.
#32 is worth 590 pts, dropping 10 points per pick to #40 at 500 points.

So basically #16 is worth two high 2nd rounders or a low 1st & a mid 2nd...
Or three low 2nd rounders. Throw in a 3rd or 4th rounder where necessary.

The catch is you need a trade partner and for your targeted players to fall to you. I think in some of our previous trade downs over the years, that some of their "targeted" players were poached before we picked.
Seahawks 16th pick is valued at 1050
Packers 25th pick 720
Packers 57th pick 330

You do the math.

GemCity

Reaction score
I usually cringe at trading down (my greed talking) but, if we could snatch two 2nd rounders, at decent positioning, I’m all for that this year!

Chevy

Reaction score
Well my #1 trade down option in the 1st round, Oregon OC Jackson Powers-Johnson, may no longer be an option in the late 1st round. PFF has adjusted his prospect ranking considerably higher, after a couple of great days at the Senior Bowl, than what he had been.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
IF we entertain this option and our "guy" isn't there at 16 then trading back makes this a good option.

The perfect trade down would be with the Packers, letting them move up from 25, they would have to throw in there 57 pick.
The Chiefs too. They have 31/32 and 63/64, and they need receiving threats in the worst way.

Nabers/Odunze/Harrison/Bowers/Keon Coleman/Brian Thomas....

Any of those 6 players are available at 16, Kansas City is in a bind, because none of them are making it down to the end of the first.

16 for, say, 32/64 and a 2025 second is fair game on the draft chart. We might have to throw in 119 to make that work.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Since MM is of the Harbaugh tree, it wouldn't surprise me if he goes for JJ at 16. If they think they can get their guy later however, then trading back makes sense.

getnasty

Reaction score
Since MM is of the Harbaugh tree, it wouldn't surprise me if he goes for JJ at 16. If they think they can get their guy later however, then trading back makes sense.
Would be interesting if Grubb landed here and had the choice between Penix, Nix and McCrathy.

If there plan isn't QB and maybe even if it is trade down seems most likely.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
MM might like JJ McCarthy but it seems more often than not most college coaches don’t seem to bring players they had at college. I have no proof to back this up I just don’t remember seeing it very often. If up to me I want no part of penix, nix or McCarthy

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
Remember when everyone thought Pete was going to sign all his ex Trojan players. He brought in White, then cut him
I was going to use that as my example too. That’s really the only one I remember. Don’t really recall Matt rhule, urban Meyer, etc. doing it either. Not to say it can’t happen just doesn’t really seem to happen very often

Latest posts