Can we win in New Orleans?

toffee

Reaction score
Geno will take the underneath stuff, the other guy couldn't or wouldn't, the TE's have become very dangerous in Seattle and have to be accounted for, everyone knows about DK and Lockett now, but the TE's will pull coverage off them so a defense cannot cheat, if the defense sells out to stop the passing attack we have a running game that has yet to really get attention but there and will get better as this line gels.

Same with the defense, we looked horrendous when we put a bunch of later round picks on the field for two years, Officials call tickly tack shit on them because they have not learned how to not reach out and get noticed, seasoning and a repour with officials will cut a lot of that down.

What we are missing is a big ass immovable object in the center of that D line to eat space and create mismatches to block him.
Al Woods?

morgulon1

Reaction score
I doubt that, but after three of first four games on the road and the first three against divisional rivals with very solid defenses it'll be nice to face someone else in the Dome.
Go ahead and say it... You look forward to a Seahawk defense that features one Cody MF Barton
starting at linebacker. We've presently been using the bend and break defense made popular by
Seattle years ago.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score

Go ahead and say it... You look forward to a Seahawk defense that features one Cody MF Barton
starting at linebacker. We've presently been using the bend and break defense made popular by
Seattle years ago.
Needing to learn this new interface since my last visit. But, yes, in our first three games Winston was blitzed at the highest percentage in the league at 38% of the plays. Having a softer zone would be a welcome sight. Although, due to injuries on my legacy fantasy league I am forced to have Barton as one of my four starting LB's. Oh, I'm 0-4 at this point.

toffee

Reaction score
For us to win, our defense has to step up, they did play better in the first quarter of Lions' game but went down hill from there. If our defense can play at the level how they played the first quarter of Lions', we have a decent chance winning.

Winning this game may have far reaching impact, it means the defense is turning around, and offense keep on rolling. More importantly, the confidence and swagger, something we lack at this point, we are on a mini winning streak. If we can win this one, the chance of 8+ Ws are certainly on the table.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
For us to win, our defense has to step up, they did play better in the first quarter of Lions' game but went down hill from there. If our defense can play at the level how they played the first quarter of Lions', we have a decent chance winning.

Winning this game may have far reaching impact, it means the defense is turning around, and offense keep on rolling. More importantly, the confidence and swagger, something we lack at this point, we are on a mini winning streak. If we can win this one, the chance of 8+ Ws are certainly on the table.
It's interesting because right now the NFC is so bunched up with 2-2 teams it's not even funny. We really don't know what each team is at this point.

Eagles, obviously, are for real but we don't know if that's 'Super Bowl contender' for real or 'playoff contender' for real, but outside of them, it's a lot of question marks.

Probably the next teams you might look at is some of the 3-1's, but even some of them are very much in the 'we don't know what kind of team this is' camp. Packers look very underwhelming. Giants look very underwhelming. Cowboys look good, but it's so hard to figure out what they are because of their QB situation.

Then we've got the NFC West. The Niners have one of the best (if not the best) defenses in the NFL and they've been consistent. Their offense, however, is suspect. I think they're in a better spot than they were to start the season because Jimmy G is out there instead of Lance, but Jimmy G is still who he is.

If the last 4 games are any indication, the next best unit in the NFC West is actually our offense... but our defense is probably the worst unit in the NFC West as well.

Rams and Cardinals look lost. Rams have had two very suspect games already and Cardinals seem to only play half a game at a time.

So there is this chance that this week can be that phase line where all of these teams start making that shift, where the playoff teams start pulling ahead and the pretenders and the rebuilds start falling off... but there is no guarantee of that. But if it is that week (and we'll only know in hindsight), this will be an important game to make sure they can keep up.

Because the NFC is wide-open right now and it's an interesting time to be a Seahawks fan.

camdawg

Reaction score
This is actually quite hilarious. We (Saints) have a good percentage of fans that are convinced the league is out to get the Saints and have been for quite awhile. They are convinced Goodell would be overjoyed if the Saints never won another game. LOL! They say every pass play down field goes against us whether the Saints are on offense or defense. Not too far off there. however. The Saints have had the second most penalties called against them so far this season. As for Dome mojo, it doesn't overcome injuries. Last season we only won two games in the Dome.
Hi Guido,

Good to see you here again.

When we're grumbling about the refs in the Superdome, we're probably thinking of this game, and what Willie Snead got away with.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...0QFnoECEUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1qrAU-G4J5o-Jcsv7crUIw

camdawg

Reaction score
This week's injury report is going to be telling as to how the game works out this week. Through the first three games this season Michael Thomas looked just like the same player that had 149 catches in 2019. He was unstoppable. He suffered a toe injury (not the same leg that kept him out recently) in the 2nd half of game three and didn't play last week. Also missing was Kamara and the left guard, Andrus Peat. Peat's replacement, Throckmorton, was an open turnstile. I serious doubt Winston will play this week. Those four transverse process fractures are clearly hampering him. I expect that Dalton will be back in there with an extra week of practice with the ones. Not having Kamara was huge, however. Hopefully the extra week's rest will let him be active this week.
AG,
Do you think Taysom will play on Sunday? If so, how do you think he'll be used? Wildcat QB? Receiver? Tailback?

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Yeah we should beat the Saints. Rather face Winston than Dalton tbh

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
This is actually quite hilarious. We (Saints) have a good percentage of fans that are convinced the league is out to get the Saints and have been for quite awhile. They are convinced Goodell would be overjoyed if the Saints never won another game. LOL! They say every pass play down field goes against us whether the Saints are on offense or defense. Not too far off there. however. The Saints have had the second most penalties called against them so far this season. As for Dome mojo, it doesn't overcome injuries. Last season we only won two games in the Dome.
I agree. Stick around long enough and you’ll get to see the other tin foil hat conspiracy theories such as East Coast Bias and Legacy Teams.
As far as this game? Absolutely the Hawks can win. I don’t expect them to though. Their defense is terrible and I’m not quite sold on the whole Geno thing yet. Beating arguably the worst defense in the league is hardly grounds to jump for joy.

Rainger

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure every fanbase thinks the refs are out to get them. The real truth is closer to the idea that they all pretty much suck at what they do. ;)
Although, I do believe many officials have through proxies money on the games. Question what % of the population would not be corrupted to make big money? Although I know it is way bigger let's say 50%. Therefore you can never make the argument that 100% of the refs are not corrupt with money on the outcome.

There is NO sport where 100% of the refs are honest.

Therefore small calls can be made here or there to help a point spread or a specific team.

I remember one game where the same ref called multiple PIs to help the colts in all key situations and didn't call the exact same for the Hawks or called offensive ones to make sure the Luck led Colts beat the spread against a far superior Hawks team.

I have thousands of them.

Anyone who believes 100% of the refs are honest and not corrupt are delusional. How can that possibly be statistically when the general populace isn't that way?

Already been proven in Basketball so why is the Nfl mlb afl nhl nrl etc exempt and all refs are blindly honest????

Last edited:

CPHawk

Reaction score
We win, if the saints RB run to where Barton is, and not where he should be.

Last edited:

Jac

Reaction score

A win this week changes how the media begins talking about this team. The "should we be thinking about Seattle as a Wild Card?" discussions will start creeping up.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
What they need to do is go back and retrieve the playbook from last year's game against the Saints.....throw that in the garbage, set it on fire, and do the complete opposite.

It goes down as the worst called Seahawks game I've seen in the last decade. Run play after run play up the middle and into an impenetrable wall every time.

If they do the opposite, they might just win this game.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
They gave the ball to Penny and Collins 22 times, for a total of 44 yards.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Geno, Penny, DK, Lockett, Carroll.
That's the core.
What am I missing?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dwelling on last year's game. It has NOTHING to do with how they will play this Sunday. This running game and O Line is on point.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
That's what I said. I hope this Sunday's game bears no resemblance to last year.