Can we win in New Orleans?

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
When the season began I had this game as almost a certain loss based on my total lack of confidence in the offense. Now I look at it as a shoot out where our quarterback seems to protect the ball better than Jameis Winston. I think we could win another high scoring game here. My only trepidation is that the Saints defense has been much better than the lions defense over the last few years. Is anybody else feeling optimistic this week?

Scout

Reaction score
Saints defense is vulnerable to 12 personnel. Hawks TE room is deep and they have the RB room to make it hard on the Saints defense. Saints defense is known for shutting down the boundaries and forcing throws underneath mid field. But containing Metcalf or Lockett will be hard even for the Saints because of Metcalf's combo of size/speed coming off the line and Lockett is a rocket coming of the LoS.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
'Hawks are the best offense the Saints will have seen to this point and they've given up two TDs to every other offense they've seen, so I expect we'll get at least two. Additionally, while Saints D has been better than average, they actually are giving up a good amount of scoring drives, just not TDs. So we'll need Jason to hit most of his FGs.

On defense, the one thing where we've seen legit improvement this year vs. last is turnovers and the Saints have butter fingers. If the defense who played the first half plus a drive against Detroit shows up, New Orleans will be in for a long day. (If the defense who showed up for the rest of the second half comes... well, I'll probably need some Pepto.)

I think this might be our first game we win by multiple scores.

Scout

Reaction score
Saints offense is going to try to play ball control but it depends upon which players suit up on offense for Sunday's game. Bottom line is if the Hawks defense wraps up and tackles that will make it very hard for the Saints to sustain 60, 70, 80 yard drives missing Winston and/or Kamara.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Its winnable. Low scoring though. Saints D is legit and Saints O gives the ball up to much to score alot. The most the Saints have scored in a game all year is 26.

toffee

Reaction score
Our three capable TEs and two great WRs may be a handful for Saints? And they have to account for Penny, his 8.9 yards average and 151 yards demands respect. Our QB may be wearing glass slippers, but hey, until he took it off, he is still the fairest of them all. OK?

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I think we're looking at 27 to 17 as the score into the middle or so of the fourth quarter and then Penny takes what was planned as just a clock killing run to the house.

Saints might score one more time after that, but it's garbage time so hardly matters. 34 to 24 (Myers misses the XP on Penny's surprise run TD) final score.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely they can beat N.O. Will be a tough task, but of course they can do it. Especially the way this offense is moving the ball, and on the ground.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This will be a tough game simply for the fact that the Saints get all the favorable calls down in their dump of a dome.

Marcus Lattimore is a punk and will probably get away with a bunch of egregious non calls against DK until DK gets upset, punches Lattimore and gets ejected. Lattimore is a scrub that pays off the officials to get away with BS all game then talks smack.

Meanwhile our DBs will get called for a bunch of ticky tack calls against their receivers. Their O line will get away with holding all game.

Again, the Saints aren't even good, but they get good voodoo mojo in their dome and get all the calls from the refs all the time. Expect a frustrating and steered game from the officials.

The NFL and Gooddell would lose their minds if their precious little Saints start 1-4. I'll laugh hysterically if Seattle somehow pulls off this win, just for the fact that the Saints couldn't even win with the refs assistance.

Last edited:

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
This will be a tough game simply for the fact that the Saints get all the favorable calls down in their dump of a dome.

Marcus Lattimore is a punk and will probably get away with a bunch of egregious non calls against DK until DK gets upset, punches Lattimore and gets ejected. Lattimore is a scrub that pays off the officials to get away with BS all game then talks smack.

Meanwhile our DBs will get called for a bunch of ticky tack calls against their receivers. Their O line will get away with holding all game.

Again, the Saints aren't even good, but they get good voodoo mojo in their dome and get all the calls from the refs all the time. Expect a frustrating and steered game from the officials.

The NFL and Gooddell would lose their minds if their precious little Saints start 1-4. I'll laugh hysterically if Seattle somehow pulls off this win, just for the fact that the Saints couldn't even win with the refs assistance.
This is actually quite hilarious. We (Saints) have a good percentage of fans that are convinced the league is out to get the Saints and have been for quite awhile. They are convinced Goodell would be overjoyed if the Saints never won another game. LOL! They say every pass play down field goes against us whether the Saints are on offense or defense. Not too far off there. however. The Saints have had the second most penalties called against them so far this season. As for Dome mojo, it doesn't overcome injuries. Last season we only won two games in the Dome.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
This week's injury report is going to be telling as to how the game works out this week. Through the first three games this season Michael Thomas looked just like the same player that had 149 catches in 2019. He was unstoppable. He suffered a toe injury (not the same leg that kept him out recently) in the 2nd half of game three and didn't play last week. Also missing was Kamara and the left guard, Andrus Peat. Peat's replacement, Throckmorton, was an open turnstile. I serious doubt Winston will play this week. Those four transverse process fractures are clearly hampering him. I expect that Dalton will be back in there with an extra week of practice with the ones. Not having Kamara was huge, however. Hopefully the extra week's rest will let him be active this week.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
The Saints lost to Carolina who I have to suggest is likely the worst team in the league. I don't think this is anywhere near the Saints of old. I think we have a change to dominate on Offense and actualyl see the Defense make some more stops. Detroit's O has been looking good, NO's on the other hand is likely to struggle.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
This is actually quite hilarious. We (Saints) have a good percentage of fans that are convinced the league is out to get the Saints and have been for quite awhile. They are convinced Goodell would be overjoyed if the Saints never won another game. LOL! They say every pass play down field goes against us whether the Saints are on offense or defense. Not too far off there. however. The Saints have had the second most penalties called against them so far this season. As for Dome mojo, it doesn't overcome injuries. Last season we only won two games in the Dome.

Saints fans hate Goodell, and I totally get it.

Patriots fans hate Goodell, to which all I can say is "what ingrates!" Goodell was as good a friend to the Patriots as a commissioner could possibly be.

Also, if I were a Saints fan, I'd still be very angry about what happened against the Rams in the playoffs after the 2018 season. But that's the officials, not Goodell.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
You guys must be watching different games. The Saints are always getting beneficial calls. The Rams game was an outlier. That ref clearly didn't follow the script that was supposed to set up the Brees vs Brady Superbowl. The league bended to the Saints will by installing that outrageous rule of making P.I. reviewable for one year just to put a baby binky in Sean Payton's mouth.

Bounty gate happened for a reason. They've been dirty for years. Watch what happens away from the ball and after the whistle. Routine cheap shots and refs turn a blind eye. They're a joke of an organization with a fanbase that's overplayed their victim card.