Bucky Brooks Disparages Wilson-Led Broncos: 'Bottom of The Division'

toffee

Reaction score
So this Bucky Brooks dude called Wilson-Led Broncos: 'Bottom of The Division'. If he is right, we will have good first round pick!

"Yes, Russell Wilson certainly closes the gap at the quarterback position. But the rest of the teams are absolutely loaded. Defensively, they're loaded. Every team we've mentioned in this division has two pass-rushers that can get after it. We talk about the wide receivers and the playmakers — I think if we rank all those positions out, the Broncos would finish at the bottom of the pack in all of those categories.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Let's hope! Wilson is the 4th best qb in the div so its an accurate prediction potentially.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Let's hope! Wilson is the 4th best qb in the div so its an accurate prediction potentially.

I think a lot of people around here overrate Wilson, but right now I'd put him at third-best in the division, ahead of Carr. To be clear, I'm thinking here about which QB I'd want on my team for this season, not who has had the best career up to now, nor which I consider to be the QB I consider to have the most potential value over the rest of his career.

Wilson vs. Herbert is close, so I could understand if somebody wanted to argue Wilson is the second-best QB in the AFC West, but Herbert is at an age at which we can expect him to continue improving over the next few years, while Wilson is on the wrong side of age 30, so I'd expect Herbert to be clearly better than Wilson pretty soon (if not this season, then 2023).

If the Broncos really want to "let Russ cook" the way he wants, I'd expect much-larger servings of interceptions from Wilson, which would further accelerate Herbert pulling way ahead of Wilson, and possibly even Carr being better than Wilson, pushing Wilson back to worst in the division. So at this moment, I'd say Wilson is the third-best QB in the AFC West, but I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up as the worst.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think all four of those QBs are close enough to par that position will not be the deciding factor. Who has the best D and best running game in that division? D wins championships and Mahomes' game slipped down a notch or two last year. That division will be a dogfight. I'm rooting for the Chargers to pull it out.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I like what the Charger's are putting together. I think the Chiefs will regress a bit this season. The Raiders look good on paper but the remind me of Dallas. They look great before the games begin then they fall apart. I think the Broncos have a punchers chance at a pretty good season. I'm hoping they fall apart but I think Wilson still have some magic left.

kidhawk

Reaction score
OK, this is largely off-topic, but it's kind of weird to me that I still loathe the Raiders and Broncos from the Seahawks' days in the AFC West, but I don't have the same kind of loathing for the Chiefs and Chargers.

I don't think it's all that strange. Even when we were in the AFC West, I always hated the Raiders and Broncos far more than the Chargers and Chiefs. I think that was probably more common than you might think.

nanomoz

Reaction score
That article title is horse$hit.

He doesn't disparage the Broncos at all. He's praising the talent on the other AFC West teams' rosters. That division is silly. Any of those teams would be a reasonable bet to win the NFC (if they were in the NFC).

And he's spot-on. He also mentions "unless Russell Wilson pulls a rabbit out of a hat," which seems to me to acknowledge that possibility. (Otherwise he wouldn't mention it.)

Lastly: all Hawk fans should hope he's right.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
OK, this is largely off-topic, but it's kind of weird to me that I still loathe the Raiders and Broncos from the Seahawks' days in the AFC West, but I don't have the same kind of loathing for the Chiefs and Chargers.
You might feel differently had Thomas sacked Krieg 8 times instead of 7. LOL.

I share your feelings to a T. It was always easy to hate Davis and his Raiders and the Broncs had Elway, who everyone loathed for reasons still unclear to me... I guess just because he beat us a lot? The Chargers were perennial bottom dwellers back then and while KC was a very difficult place to play, we always seemed to manage ....even when Christian Okoye was trucking our entire defense back and forth across our TV screens.

Most love to hate and disparage the Boz, but his shenanigans at Mile High in his first visit there cemented a place for him in my Hawk-heart forever. The man was the ultimate smart ass. Emphasis on the word smart. To this very day, every time I see a scene of that iconic Bronco above that stadium, I can't not think about the Boz. Win or lose, it was a fun time for Hawk fans. IMO.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score

I share your feelings to a T. It was always easy to hate Davis and his Raiders and the Broncs had Elway, who everyone loathed for reasons still unclear to me... I guess just because he beat us a lot? The Chargers were perennial bottom dwellers back then and while KC was a very difficult place to play, we always seemed to manage ....even when Christian Okoye was trucking our entire defense back and forth across our TV screens.

Most love to hate and disparage the Boz, but his shenanigans at Mile High in his first visit there cemented a place for him in my Hawk-heart forever. The man was the ultimate smart ass. Emphasis on the word smart. To this very day, every time I see a scene of that iconic Bronco above that stadium, I can't not think about the Boz. Win or lose, it was a fun time for Hawk fans. IMO.
Either him or Bo Jackson.

sutz

Reaction score

Seahawks fans hated Elway because he kept beating our UW Huskies while he was at Stanford, and then leveraged his way to Denver when the Colts actually drafted him. So in addition to his talent level he was an entitled pretty boy who gamed the draft system to get his way. 🤬