Bezos more interested in buying Hawks than Commanders?

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
It unknown how Bezos will be as an owner it is a coincidence that Bezos sold $5 billion in stock and the Seahawks were recently valued at $5 billion. The other owners would welcome him with open arms

McGruff

Reaction score
Used to be Owners loved the game and or community so put their money up, now mostly they like the prestige and it's a cherry on top of their quest to be a member of an exclusive club.
It was easier to be driven by sentimentality and service when franchises were a fraction of the cost. The current pool of ownership is severely restricted by the cost of ownership.

McGruff

Reaction score
Nice post.

You could extend that philosophy to a lot of situations. The steroids era in baseball. If we don't care about cheaters and follow the "just win, baby!" motto, then let's induct Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, Sammy Sosa, Roger Clemmons, ARod, et al to the HOF. Same with the business world. Who cares if a company engages in monopolistic practices. Just win, baby! And do I dare say the "P" word?
When Bezos or any other owner is found guilty of “cheating” then let’s talk.

chrispy

Reaction score
We don't have much impact on whether it happens or not.. I mean, Bezos doesn't care if fans want him as owner or not. It'll happen or it won't happen.

That said, those that oppose a Bezos-owned franchise, who else? There simply aren't many people in the top of the Forbes wealthiest list that have a thick enough debit card. Who would you rather?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Bezos is a bozo and a scumbag. If that parasite buys the Hawks, I'm done as a fan. I absolutely CAN NOT stand that dude. The team will be moved, I guarantee it.
he wouldn't move the team his two biggest loves are Amazon and Blue origin. Both are based in Seattle.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
When Paul Allen stepped forward and volunteered to rescue the Seahawks from leaving the NorthWest, he did so out of love for the people of Seattle and the NorthWest.

It has been my observation that love for community is what pays big dividends.
Bezos might be the best we can get in that regard, unless a conglomerate including Tod Leiweke pops up with a ton of money.

Bezos wouldn't want move the team, at the very least.

Maybe Steve Ballmer could throw his hat into the ring...

OP
OP
G

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Could be worse I guess, imagine Musk. Could see him bragging and shit talking a ton on social media. Could also see him having a huge trigger finger Jerry Jones style if a coach had a bad season or the ownership got criticized.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bezos might be the best we can get in that regard, unless a conglomerate including Tod Leiweke pops up with a ton of money.

Bezos wouldn't want move the team, at the very least.

Maybe Steve Ballmer could throw his hat into the ring...

Tod Leiweke would be my dream owner. I have such admiration for that man. Just wish he had deeper pockets.

OP
OP
G

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Is it weird i'd be nervous about this for the Seahawks but if it was the Mariners i'd be all in.

bileever

Reaction score
Seattle is one place, like Green Bay, where fan ownership would make sense. Jody should let Seattle fans buy shares of the Seahawks like the Packers. A publicly owned team is the way to go. One million shares of the team at $5,000 a share is $5 billion.

NoGain

Reaction score
Seattle is one place, like Green Bay, where fan ownership would make sense. Jody should let Seattle fans buy shares of the Seahawks like the Packers. A publicly owned team is the way to go. One million shares of the team at $5,000 a share is $5 billion.
It's not allowed by the NFL now. Green Bay is an exception.

CPHawk

Reaction score
It’s funny that people complain that an owner will care to much. I’d take Bezos or Musk in a heartbeat over the clown show we have right now. Both would want to win, and spend to do it.

chris98251

Reaction score
It’s funny that people complain that an owner will care to much. I’d take Bezos or Musk in a heartbeat over the clown show we have right now. Both would want to win, and spend to do it.
Yeah, we seen that, Ken Behring, wanted to play football owner, when you have someone that wants things to much as his hobby and play toy bad things happen, Snyder, and many others have shown that. I'll take the low profile types like the Allen's, Nordstrom's. I have said before we have become a spoiled and entitled fanbase, goes along with Millennials and Gen Z's mentality's I think as well. I call them the not happy with anything generations.

Bezo's and Musk are maniacal controllers from what I have read, do we really want that? Will the next Dan McGwire please stand up !

CPHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, we seen that, Ken Behring, wanted to play football owner, when you have someone that wants things to much as his hobby and play toy bad things happen, Snyder, and many others have shown that. I'll take the low profile types like the Allen's, Nordstrom's. I have said before we have become a spoiled and entitled fanbase, goes along with Millennials and Gen Z's mentality's I think as well. I call them the not happy with anything generations.

Bezo's and Musk are maniacal controllers from what I have read, do we really want that? Will the next Dan McGwire please stand up !
So is Robert Craft, worked out for him. Besides Behring wasn’t anywhere near as rich as those other owners. He paid $80mill for the team and was worth right around $420mill. He couldn’t afford to do things like build a new stadium or get high priced FA. Bezos could cut a check no problem. He also lives in the area. He isn’t an outsider who would try and move the team.

Last edited:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I can’t stand the dude. He bought media like gates to hide his evil dealings. Like most billionaires. I think he would ruin the teams run.

Umm most teams are owned by evil billionaires and many of them have run successful franchises (Kraft, Kroenke, Bisciotti, etc).

Just like politicians, most of them are type A narcissists. No point in liking any of them. Just hope they don't ruin the team. And given Bezos track record, I'd trust him to manage the team better than I'd trust a lot of other evil billionaires. He did start Amazon from nothing. He didn't inherit his wealth at all.