Bezos more interested in buying Hawks than Commanders?

chris98251

Reaction score
Remember Jody takes her queue from the Vulcan administrators, I'm sure they look at things and an upgrade will happen at some point, we are not the Commanders or the Bengals. John is the guy that has to ask for facility upgrades now also, it's the approval he will have to go to Jody for.

McGruff

Reaction score
I don’t care whether it is Vulcan or Jody. It’s all the same to me. The bottom line is that owners have not committed to being standard setters like we did under paul

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I don’t need owners. Coaches or players to be saints and angels. I just need them to put in the work to win.

How far does this go?

Is cheating OK?

A little while ago in another thread, I mentioned that following the 2002 World Cup here in Brazil with friends and coworkers as one of the greatest times in my sports-fan life. The thing is that it didn't start so well. After Brazil's first group-phase game, against Turkey, I felt awful. That game should have been a 1-1 tie, but the refs awarded a total-BS penalty to Brazil because the forward Luizão took a dive in Turkey's penalty area really late in the game, and Brazil took an undeserved victory when Rivaldo converted the PK. I knew Brazil hadn't deserved to win, and it made me feel awful. It's nice that the team played well enough for the rest of the tournament to clearly deserve the title (not as clearly as in 1970, but still pretty damn clearly). But I felt terrible that my chosen team had won a game because Cuizão cheated.

What about dirty play?

I find Raiders fans disgusting because since I became aware of them in the 1970s, they not only didn't deny that the Raiders played dirty, they reveled in it. I find that disgusting.

There have been NFL players like Tatum, Romanowski, Schlereth, Burfict, and others who made careers out of ruining other players' careers with dirty plays. If those guys had been Seahawks, would you think that was as great as Raiders fans, for example, think it was that Tatum and Romanowski played that way? Tatum didn't just ruin Daryl Stingley's career. He paralyzed Stingley and ruined his life. If Tatum had been a Seahawk, would you revere him like Raiders fans do?

It seems to me that the essence of your comment is "just win, baby," and I've been against that Raiders $#!+ since before the Seahawks existed.

MORGULON

Reaction score
Yeah, I really feel bad for these persecuted white male billionaires. They have it rough.
Nice , adding "white" to your comment. In a capitalist society, everyone has the same 24 hours in a day , a person just has to have an idea and make the most of it.
I don't like Bezos but it's not because he's a millionaire and especially because he's white.
People with backbone don't want to go down that road with you.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Nice , adding "white" to your comment. In a capitalist society, everyone has the same 24 hours in a day , a person just has to have an idea and make the most of it.
I don't like Bezos but it's not because he's a millionaire and especially because he's white.
I agree. This class warfare thing is just as absurd as racism, people hating others simply due to a couple decimal points in their bank accounts. What is it that Martin Luther King said? Something about judging people based on the content of their character?

I know very little about Bezos, whether or not he'd make a good owner. But having as deep of pockets as he does might make him a little less subject to making decisions based on profit or franchise worth vs. putting a quality product on the field.

McGruff

Reaction score
That’s cute that you think everyone plays on an equal field.

Anyway, the point I am making is that as a fan it should not really make a difference who the owner as long as he puts out a quality product. Bezos has the capacity and connections to do just that.

JPatera76

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bezos is a vocal “don’t give a ****” kinda guy.. he will definitely “Jerry Jones” tf outta this team

JPatera76

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What do you mean by that?
He’ll step all over the GM and Coaches and overstep the boundary. No different than Jerry Jones. While having an involved owner is good, Jerry over does it. Paul Allen, Robert Kraft knew where the boundaries were and had a good balance. I don’t think Bezos would respect any of that. His show or the highaway.. all levels imo.

McGruff

Reaction score
He’ll step all over the GM and Coaches and overstep the boundary. No different than Jerry Jones. While having an involved owner is good, Jerry over does it. Paul Allen, Robert Kraft knew where the boundaries were and had a good balance. I don’t think Bezos would respect any of that. His show or the highaway.. all levels imo.
On what basis do you believe this to be true?

Jville

Reaction score

Bezos sharing power with 31 other owners wouldn't seem all that probable. He possesses much bigger ambitions and vision than that of an NFL franchise owner.

JPatera76

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bezos sharing power with 31 other owners wouldn't seem all that probable. He possesses much bigger ambitions and vision than that of an NFL franchise owner.
Very true!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I've come around on Bezos.

I can't exactly virtue signal about needing a squeaky-clean owner when our current owner is a Trailblazer-ruining, sexually-harassing bone smuggler beholden to a bunch of suits at Vulcan.

Bezos, like Paul Allen, would immediately command respect from the other 31 owners. We'd have the most powerful voice in the owners meetings beyond a shadow of a doubt, and that's big.

Do I like the guy? No. But he'd be the big swingin' dick of NFL owners, and that'd pay dividends.

Jville

Reaction score
I've come around on Bezos.

I can't exactly virtue signal about needing a squeaky-clean owner when our current owner is a Trailblazer-ruining, sexually-harassing bone smuggler beholden to a bunch of suits at Vulcan.

Bezos, like Paul Allen, would immediately command respect from the other 31 owners. We'd have the most powerful voice in the owners meetings beyond a shadow of a doubt, and that's big.

Do I like the guy? No. But he'd be the big swingin' dick of NFL owners, and that'd pay dividends.

When Paul Allen stepped forward and volunteered to rescue the Seahawks from leaving the NorthWest, he did so out of love for the people of Seattle and the NorthWest.

It has been my observation that love for community is what pays big dividends.

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
Yeah, well the team is getting sold, and those guys are rare. So good luck.

Oh, I understand. Sentiment driven by envy and jealousy is common place.

But it is not the foundation for a healthy community.

chris98251

Reaction score
Used to be Owners loved the game and or community so put their money up, now mostly they like the prestige and it's a cherry on top of their quest to be a member of an exclusive club.

RiverDog

Reaction score
How far does this go?

Is cheating OK?

A little while ago in another thread, I mentioned that following the 2002 World Cup here in Brazil with friends and coworkers as one of the greatest times in my sports-fan life. The thing is that it didn't start so well. After Brazil's first group-phase game, against Turkey, I felt awful. That game should have been a 1-1 tie, but the refs awarded a total-BS penalty to Brazil because the forward Luizão took a dive in Turkey's penalty area really late in the game, and Brazil took an undeserved victory when Rivaldo converted the PK. I knew Brazil hadn't deserved to win, and it made me feel awful. It's nice that the team played well enough for the rest of the tournament to clearly deserve the title (not as clearly as in 1970, but still pretty damn clearly). But I felt terrible that my chosen team had won a game because Cuizão cheated.

What about dirty play?

I find Raiders fans disgusting because since I became aware of them in the 1970s, they not only didn't deny that the Raiders played dirty, they reveled in it. I find that disgusting.

There have been NFL players like Tatum, Romanowski, Schlereth, Burfict, and others who made careers out of ruining other players' careers with dirty plays. If those guys had been Seahawks, would you think that was as great as Raiders fans, for example, think it was that Tatum and Romanowski played that way? Tatum didn't just ruin Daryl Stingley's career. He paralyzed Stingley and ruined his life. If Tatum had been a Seahawk, would you revere him like Raiders fans do?

It seems to me that the essence of your comment is "just win, baby," and I've been against that Raiders $#!+ since before the Seahawks existed.
Nice post.

You could extend that philosophy to a lot of situations. The steroids era in baseball. If we don't care about cheaters and follow the "just win, baby!" motto, then let's induct Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, Sammy Sosa, Roger Clemmons, ARod, et al to the HOF. Same with the business world. Who cares if a company engages in monopolistic practices. Just win, baby! And do I dare say the "P" word?

Ozzy

Reaction score
I could see Bezos wanting to win so I’d good interested to see what he does.