Bezos more interested in buying Hawks than Commanders?

TwilightError

Reaction score
Horrible human being. Just the worst. Exploitative, greedy little oligarch. But that is nothing new for a professional sports team owner. I’d rather see him fly to space and keep on going onwards in his weenie rocket, but if he buys the Seahawks, well, atleast he actually has money to spend on the team.

McGruff

Reaction score
I don’t need owners. Coaches or players to be saints and angels. I just need them to put in the work to win.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I wonder if his ego would allow us to not be good, not have the best stadium, not have a state of the art experience. I think being a bad guy could be a good thing for us :)

McGruff

Reaction score
I wonder if his ego would allow us to not be good, not have the best stadium, not have a state of the art experience.
I hope not. That’s the appeal of Bezos. He can spend then $$$ to make us state of the art again.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm prepared to dislike him as an owner if he buys the team and if he makes decisions I don't like. However, I'm not going to judge him based on whatever bullshit has been spewed by the dirty media in this country about how Amazon was run.

Paul Allen and Bill Gates were both heavily criticized. Musk is criticized. Etc. if somebody is a billionaire, the media and many other people will do whatever they can to try and drag them down. It's the American way.

warden

Reaction score
The Seahawks deal with the State that requires them to remain in the Stadium until 2024 of suffer severe tax penalties is almost over

Paul Allen’s will states the team will be eventually sold

This team will be sold to someone in the next couple of years

McGruff

Reaction score
The facilities and product have declined markedly under Jody. Why would we want that to continue?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
The sun has risen and set under Pete Carroll's tenure, as well, what a stupid comment. :p

SNDavidson

Reaction score
This is generally what is wrong with the internet honestly, flippantly saying "A" is the problem, you should explain yourself or you are the problem.

MORGULON

Reaction score
wow. hope this doesn't happen. can't stand the guy. he would be the worst owner, worse than howard schultz (starbucks) was as owner of the sonics. he's not even a fan of football. he just wants to own shit.
This.

I hope bezos buys the commanders and then proceeds to be Snyder 2.0 for the D.C. faithful

McGruff

Reaction score
The Seahawks facilities, services and staff were widely considered the best in the league under Paul Allen. Since Jody took over, they have treaded water while the league has passed them by. Recent studies have the Seahawks rated squarely in the middle of the pack in regardless to overall facilities, training staff, food service and other player services.

Sure would be nice to have someone own the team with ambition and deep pockets. Even if they are an asshole.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm good with the current ownership group. I swore that Jody wouldn't have the balls (no pun intended) to fire Pete, and the retaining of JS and hiring of Macdonald so far looks like solid moves. This is the first true season that we've had a chance to see what kind of judgement our ownership group has, so I want to see the results before I throw them under the bus.