Any second coming of Kurt Warner out there for the Hawks?

toffee

Reaction score
I am hoping Lock or Geno could be our franchise QB, but what if they turned out to be our Trent Green, or even less? We may draft a franchise savior next year, but just for fun, are there any hungry QB out there working in Home Depots etc.? Kurt Warner was working in supermarket making minimum before he started playing in Arena football which led to being "discovered" by Rams.

Any UDFA that are praying for just one more opportunity? It may be fairytale but hey this is off season, and we are super bored.

'

Rosco

Reaction score
“He can throw the ball, y’all were out here today, he makes great throws,” Lockett told reporters. “He just has that type of calmness about himself to where he knows what he can do, he’s making the throws regardless of where the DB is. He had a couple of really great deep ball throws last week before we had this break. I think he’s adjusting really well.”

Lock came to Seattle in the trade that sent Wilson to Denver but he wasn’t guaranteed an immediate starting position. He’ll have to compete with long-time backup Geno Smith and Jacob Eason to earn the coveted spot.

“Being able to come to a new team, learning the plays – it’s different when you’re a receiver learning the plays than when you’re a quarterback, when you’re a quarterback you’re running the plays,” Lockett explained. “So just to be here for what, almost two months, he’s done a really great job picking up the plays.

“We’ve been installing a lot of heavy stuff, he’s been able to pick it up, run with it, and I think he looks really good.”
Sounds like Lock is off to a good start

BASF

Reaction score

Sounds like Lock is off to a good start
"He just has that type of calmness about himself to where he knows what he can do, he’s making the throws regardless of where the DB is." - Lockett

Sounds like a subtle dig at Wilson who was a little gun shy about throwing when a DB was within a few yards.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
"He just has that type of calmness about himself to where he knows what he can do, he’s making the throws regardless of where the DB is." - Lockett

Sounds like a subtle dig at Wilson who was a little gun shy about throwing when a DB was within a few yards.
Making the throw regardless of where the DB is? That could be double edged sword, but Lock's confidence in his arm is well documented.

Rainger

Reaction score
I am hoping Lock or Geno could be our franchise QB, but what if they turned out to be our Trent Green, or even less? We may draft a franchise savior next year, but just for fun, are there any hungry QB out there working in Home Depots etc.? Kurt Warner was working in supermarket making minimum before he started playing in Arena football which led to being "discovered" by Rams.

Any UDFA that are praying for just one more opportunity? It may be fairytale but hey this is off season, and we are super bored.

'
Yea I am available. Over 70, surgically reconstructed knee from football, 6 foot 1, 225 lbs. Quick mind, know all the Hawks plays, cant bail out around backwards so will step up in the pocket.

So The Hawks just need to come to Brisbane Australia and work me out. I will even play on a rookie minimum. Cant be any worse than Kaep. And I don't hate America, the flag or the police.

Last edited:
OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
QBs that weren't drafted in the last 3-4 years, if some of them are working on their dreams, those would be guys one could kick the tires on?