53 Man Roster Set

Jville

Reaction score
Why the hell did Thompson hold on and not Easop?

Known as an outstanding technician. Valued for showing the way in running the most precise routes. Great hands and excellent at tracking the ball into the hands. Outstanding body control. Understands contact balance. A willing blocker. Coaches Sanjay Lal and Pete Carroll have spoken highly of what he brings to the team.

If only he can finally stay healthy this time around.

I'm expecting to see Easop signed to the practice squad.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I was a little excited to bring in a few more undrafted guys. Gotel and Bell both seemed like spark plug guys to me. I think their energy will be missed. As far as WRs…… It would have been nice to see Winston or Lindsay make it. Thompson and Young have yet to flash to me.

I was hoping for Gotel too.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I really thought Levi earned a spot. But when you look at the list and count to 53 I guess I can understand. Sometimes I really hate this part of the season. I bet John and Pete do some serious hair yanking going through cut downs.
They probably have a few drinks once all is done. It can be easy to determine the hopes and dreams of many individuals.

QWERTY

Reaction score
How did Forsythe make it? He looked average/terrible.

They must have like the kid Jerrick Reed II because keeping 4 safeties? Idk.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I really thought Levi earned a spot. But when you look at the list and count to 53 I guess I can understand. Sometimes I really hate this part of the season. I bet John and Pete do some serious hair yanking going through cut downs.
sorry I don't keep up but who's Levi again?

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Pretty solid group overall. Only concern really is how Stone made the roster. I've seen absolutely nothing from him that makes me comfortable with him being our backup left tackle. I guess we have Curhan, but he didn't look very promising this preseason either. Also I would have kept Bell over Rhattigan, but with Bellore on the roster, he's pretty much a proven carbon copy and keeping both I guess would be redundant.

olyfan63

Reaction score
They probably have a few drinks once all is done. It can be easy to determine the hopes and dreams of many individuals.
Assume you meant, "can't be easy".
Or maybe Pete and John are just that callous and indifferent and eager to get a buzz after dealing with the cluster-frack of cutdowns. Naw, they sweat every cut. Both for the person and the team, trying to make the right call.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Happy...no surprises! Glad to see that DeeJay Dallas was kept for the running back room. He can add experience to a young group.
I hope we can keep Levi Bell on the practice squad! He could be the next Will Tukuafu...I am thinking Fullback!

Mick063

Reaction score
1) Joey Hunt was good for a rookie deal, but a veteran contract priced him out of a job. A veteran non-starter OL almost has to have the ability to play at least three positions. Joey is just too small for that role.

2) Barring injury to the receiver room, one of Young, Bobo, or Eskridge is going to be off the 53 man roster in about six weeks. If Young or Eskridge go, it is probably going to be completely out of the organization. If Bobo goes, it is likely going to be to the practice squad. If Bobo performs well in the early season, to the point to where the staff doesn't think he can clear waivers if he is exposed to the waiver wire, then I think he sticks to the 53-man roster and one of the other two is gone. Alternatively, if Bobo doesn't yield a lot of good video for other teams to review, then I think the team will risk exposing him on the waiver wire for the purpose of sending him to the practice squad. I still think his best shot is as a hybrid tight end because I don't think the team is going to pay veteran salaries for three tight ends next year. They need at least one of the tight ends on a rookie deal and Parkinson probably has the best odds for an extension.

3) I'll bet the team is on the horn, looking for potential suitors for Artie Burns. Not because he is the least desirable CB to keep, but because he would probably bring in the most outside trade interest of their "expendable" corner backs. The guy has a lot of solid play captured on video and he is probably the best of the players that they would be willing to part ways with. In other words, if they are making a trade move for a DT, then I think Burns is likely part of the deal (or at least indirectly if only for the draft capital used to pull it off).

4) I think the team definitely wants Ahers on the practice squad. He is really raw, but he is obviously gifted. He is the textbook example of a "developmental" quarterback.

5) Easop Winston Jr. has a ton of excellent plays on film. He is going to be on a practice squad somewhere if not in Seattle. The guy can really catch the ball in traffic. I like his concentration in a crowd.

6) I think the offense is relatively set, but the defense is fluid. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in several cut casualties in for a look.

Last edited:

Jac

Reaction score
How freaking awesome is that WR/TE group (rhetorical)?
I know it was rhetorical, but what a fun and diverse set of wide receivers (looking at the top four at least). If the line gives any amount of time, at least one of these guys is getting open for Geno.

themunn

Reaction score
2) Barring injury to the receiver room, one of Young, Bobo, or Eskridge is going to be off the 53 man roster in about six weeks. If Young or Eskridge go, it is probably going to be completely out of the organization. If Bobo goes, it is likely going to be to the practice squad. If Bobo performs well in the early season, to the point to where the staff doesn't think he can clear waivers if he is exposed to the waiver wire, then I think he sticks to the 53-man roster and one of the other two is gone. Alternatively, if Bobo doesn't yield a lot of good video for other teams to review, then I think the team will risk exposing him on the waiver wire for the purpose of sending him to the practice squad. I still think his best shot is as a hybrid tight end because I don't think the team is going to pay veteran salaries for three tight ends next year. They need at least one of the tight ends on a rookie deal and Parkinson probably has the best odds for an extension.

Cody Thompson, surely, in his 5th year in the NFL with 0 catches to his name is the obvious cut candidate

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
These guys know what they're doing. Overall, it seems like a pretty mellow cut down day. Nothing that makes you too mad. Bummed a little about a guy or two, but they could end up right back here at some point. Over 1,100 players were released around the league. This is going to be a very interesting few days.

Mick063

Reaction score
Forgive my lack of review. You are most certainly correct. Still.....If I were Young or Eskridge, I wouldn't feel entirely safe. Thompson made it this far. He only has to show better than one other person now and he has a quarter of the season to do it. I would say his odds have increased dramatically.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Assume you meant, "can't be easy".
Or maybe Pete and John are just that callous and indifferent and eager to get a buzz after dealing with the cluster-frack of cutdowns. Naw, they sweat every cut. Both for the person and the team, trying to make the right call.
Yes.."can't "...whoops

Latest posts