2022 Seahawks Depth Chart and Roster Moves

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Roster cutdown dates have been announced.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Here’s another report on the various roster rules

Notable is the change to allow return of a player from IR after sitting out for 4 weeks.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Just three to go and the draft picks are all signed.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville!!!

Was just checking that myself, but you once again were quickest. Greatly appreciated as ever.

OTC still hasn’t got all the players signed by the team though, denotes Alexander isn't listed by them. Still three draft picks unsigned, although their base contracts are noted by them.

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
Yes, although Boye Mafe and Kenneth Walker III are the only unsigned rookies that will register manageable first year impacts on 2022 cap space. Plenty of space to consider an extension or two.
.................................................................................
Following physicals on Monday, below is the schedule for the week:
Tuesday, June 7
1:15 p.m. Practice
2:35 p.m. Media availability/Pressers

Wednesday, June 8
1:15 p.m. Practice
2:35 p.m. Media availability/Pressers

Thursday, June 9
11:00 a.m. Practice
1:00 p.m. Media availability/Pressers

Link >>> https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/07/tune-into-seahawks-mandatory-minicamp-2022/

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for that Jville!!! Agree the team still has the ability to sign players and is not truly cap strapped. Besides the dead money on Wilson or Wagner's deal could be otherwise allocated if needed.

Haven't heard anything about the 3 drafted players apparently still unsigned Bryant, Walker and Mafe.

Have you heard anything about Coby Bryant being signed? Did I miss seeing this signing?

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
I have yet to see any word on a Coby Bryant signing. Bryant, Walker and Mafe are the announcements we are waiting on.

Interesting tweet about the offensive lines today .......................

.................. delighted to see Haynes in there at right guard. Although, seeing Greg Eiland (37 inch arms) listed at left tackle was a bit of a surprise to me. I didn't think he had the mobility to play on the left side. Coaches creating opportunities and collecting information I suppose. It's what makes this time of year so intriguing. By the way, the offensive coordinator single out Damien Lewis, the other day, as having a great offseason and for helping the younger linemen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
That is very interesting information. Thumbs up!!!

Where was Gabe Jackson? Wonder if Haynes will actually beat Jackson out for the position? That said there was a good reason the team drafted Haynes though up to now he has had trouble staying healthy.

Sure would be nice if this young OLine comes together and is a big part of the engine that causes the team to quickly improve on O.

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
Maybe Haynes will have a 2022 coming out year blocking for the offensive line like Penny had running the ball in 2021.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville!!!

I still have a sense the team has something cooking in the background and aren’t done by a good way filling the roster. Not at all sure there isn’t a QB involved. Of course I could be wrong and it wouldn’t be the first time.

For Harris he gets his $ now so he’s happy. It also provides an out for the team if he doesn’t work out for the new scheme.

Updated.

Jville

Reaction score
That is very interesting information. Thumbs up!!!

Where was Gabe Jackson? Wonder if Haynes will actually beat Jackson out for the position? That said there was a good reason the team drafted Haynes though up to now he has had trouble staying healthy.

Sure would be nice if this young OLine comes together and is a big part of the engine that causes the team to quickly improve on O.

It was reported yesterday (6/10) that Gabe Jackson had off season knee surgery. So he was rehabbing that knee.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Good on Mone. We have a few really good line depth players on both sides of the ball if they can just find a way to stay healthy. Having guys like that is critical to a successful season. Lacking quality depth on the lines has held us back in the past. Another sign that things are turning around for us?

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
With Training Camp approaching on Thursday we can expect a few roster moves. those who may not be ready to roll just yet with late season injuries or off season surgeries will be placed on PUP or even waived injured (WI) where the prognosis doesn't appear good. In the later case it appears that Carson could be a candidate for being waived injured and that may cause the need for an injury settlement. In typical fashion though I'd expect the team to be slow in waiving him as his recovery to being able to play is still in doubt. There are still three unsigned rookies: Mafe, Walker, and Bryant who should be signed soon after they become official Washington residents for tax reasons.

At present there are 2 open roster spots and potentially more after Thursday.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Chris Carson is retiring with a neck injury after 5 seasons. This sucks but I'd rather remember him as tough runner than potentially have to see him in wheelchair paralyzed.

Updated.

Last edited: