J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks have reached a deal with TE- Gerald Everett

See below:

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

49m
The #Seahawks are signing TE Gerald Everett to a 1-year deal worth $6M, source said. The former #Rams TE finds a home.

This player is 26 and familiar with the new OC's schemes.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
David Moore reaches a deal with the Panthers.

Bob Condotta Retweeted

Joe Person
@josephperson
·
13m
Panthers have a deal in place with former Seahawks WR David Moore, per league source. Fitterer fit.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap!!!

Well, the team at least has a starting quality OC back on the roster.

All in all though I just don't think Pocic has that necessary 'it' or is physically strong enough to be a dominant presence in the middle of the O line.

I hope the whole contract is not guaranteed.

updated.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
That all settles some things, and that's a good thing. But I have a feeling there's some real fireworks with the fuse already lit. Not only do we have some very valuable players on the market, we have holes to fill. When will the big bang blow?

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect JS has spoken with the reps of each of the guys they want to keep and are checking in with them regularly. We are now at the restructuring phase and if there have been trade feelers that’d slow the restructures as the team the would have to carry dead cap or have accelerate so less news will happen as things sort themselves out. I’m sure the comp pick calculation is big for this calculus now.

Several the bigger money prospect FAs may still be holding out for bigger deals in a very unfavourable market for those bigger deals. Some will be shocked at their lack of interest but should know it’s market related. After watching JS work you have to think he’s got several pots boiling and potential deals cooking. Like you I suspect something big is in the works as there are a few position groups that really still need help.

This is when the hard work gets done by JS.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1374895055618535430[/tweet]

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
So far everything is going great. Next phase will be the horse trading for draft picks or players under contract.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville!!!

Good re-signing. :2thumbs:

Updating.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1375190971344846849[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/1375195581686018048[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So lots of news to unpack today.

Apparently the team wanted to rework Reed’s deal, he didn’t, and they have agreed to disagree. Reed is now to be either traded or released. Apparently hot on the tail of that news the team has reached a new 2 year deal with Carlos Dunlap for 2 years at $16. 6 million/ $8.5 million guaranteed. I am curious to know if there is a voidable year attached to this contract?

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/3/25/22 ... p-nfl-news

Holy Moly!!!

My theory at present is that Hyder will play 3 tech mostly and switch off with Collier and have the other younger pass rushers school with Dunlap. Thankfully the team has Ford and Mone, suspect the team will have a few candidates for depth positions on the DLine. i could as well see the team adding another veteran on a short term deal. This is an addition through subtraction type happening for sure. Looks to me the pass rush has been improved.

This is certainly turning out to be an interesting off season, already there have been some surprises. Today was a surprise. There is still lots more to come and the team will need to bolster the CBs soon or look to the draft for help.

At present I will hold off on posting the re-signing of Dunlap and will also wait on a team announcement of the signing and the release or trade of Reed until tomorrow when I expect some formal announcements.

EDIT: At present Jarran Reed is still on the team roster (though apparently not for long) but will stay on the roster page until some formal move occurs. I've updated the roster to show the Dunlap re-signing.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Bob Condotta
@bcondotta

Seahawks just officially announced they have released Jarran Reed.
1:24 PM · Mar 26, 2021·

Bob Condotta
@bcondotta
Seahawks bring back a blast from the past to help fill the pending Jarran Reed void.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 1h
For the #Seahawks and DT Al Woods: 1-year, $3.0M, source said, with a $750,000 signing bonus for the 34-year old.
12:12 PM · Mar 26, 2021·

Latest posts