2018 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Here are the roster moves that follow the losses of Kendricks and Valentine.

@bcondotta
10m10 minutes ago
More
Seahawks have also signed Simeon Thomas and Damore'ea Stringfellow to practice squad.
2 replies 3 retweets 10 likes
Reply 2 Retweet 3 Like 10 Direct message

Bob Condotta

@bcondotta
10m10 minutes ago
More
Seahawks have signed Emmanuel Ellerbee to take place of Mychal Kendricks on 53 man roster.
0 replies 4 retweets 7 likes
Reply Retweet 4 Like 7 Direct message

Updating.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
:irishdrinkers:

Super Bowl!!!

Unfortunately I didn't notice him much in that game though I must admit although it was on the tube I wasn't playing close attention.

Jville

Reaction score
Marcus Henry was one of five try out players that saw some time with the camp squad last summer. He is a center. The Seahawks are now carrying a center, a guard and a tackle on their practice squad.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville, updated.

I wonder if the team regards Henry as more of an interior OLineman than just a C. He is listed as a C on the team roster page. Depthwise at C they have Britt, Hunt, now Henry, and Pocic, who they mostly lined up as a G though he was a college C. I wonder if there is some potential injury concern with Britt. I suspect Hunt may be active this week and he could get some PT at G until one of the other interior OLinemen is ready to go. My belief is Roos is a likely candidate to come up to the 53 if more depth is needed.

The Simmons injury was a disappointment as he was playing quite adequately until being hurt. It would seem that Pocic hasn’t raised his game as he certainly wasn’t all that special in relief after Simmons went down. Maybe he will respond to the opportunity to start? It’s unfortunate the team is back to instability again with the interior OLine at crunch time. Sure hope Fluker can play soon.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I've posted this before but I think the Hawks have an eye towards 2020 where Britt has a cap hit of almost $12 million. If they make a move there that's only 14 months from now so half of the value of Hunt, Pocic, and now Henry is risk mitigation towards the future.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks AD hadn't looked at that before and think of course this is our FO being proactive towards the future.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
To all that updated and added to this thread, I want to thank you. I know it is a time consuming task and it really is appreciated. On this day......Happy New Year. We are going to the playoffs.