If you could choose 1 Qb for our future, Wilson or Luck?

So would you rather have Wilson or Luck?

• Wilson

Votes: 133 88.7%
  • Luck

Votes: 17 11.3%

• Total voters
OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":lijt2dth said:
Peyton Manning has had 4 neck surgeries.

At least RW can escape pressure, classic pocket passers are what they are because they can't move the way Wilson does.

We just got really lucky that Wilson can sling the ball with the best of them and he also happens to have some wheels.

Not a bad argument but I can pick a QB too. How about Dan Marino the ultimate pocket QB who I believe had only 1 major injury which was an Achilles from a wrong step. Wilson can sling it but so could Vick and his concussions from the hits he took on the run.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
kearly":15zyujik said:
I thought Wilson was better than Luck BEFORE THE DRAFT. I just didn't grade him that high because of the "unknown" factor that came with his height. You go back and watch game compilation videos of Wilson and Luck in college, Wilson was clearly the better, more battle tested QB. And I think he's widened that gap further this season.

Really, I am not even sure if Luck's ceiling is higher. Arm wise they are about the same. Mobility wise Wilson is better. Mentally Wilson is better. Intangibles for Wilson are better. Height and durability are the only things I can think of where I'd grade Luck better, but Wilson has proven durable over 5 football seasons and height has been a nearly negligible factor.

I think Luck is going to grow into being a Eli Manning caliber QB. Wilson is on a trajectory to become not just an elite QB, but maybe the Joe Montana of this era. A QB that everyone acknowledges is the best in the game during his prime. That is Wilson's ceiling, and it's also where he's heading.

So Wilson trumps Luck in just about every category but height? I would love to question the other 31 teams to see who their GM would honestly take. Would be surprised if over 50% would take Wilson.

themunn

Reaction score
seabowl":374pkst2 said:
Gifted1":374pkst2 said:
Seabowl is a troll. I'm expecting another Bruce Irvin hate thread soon from him. :roll:

Yeah and you were probably saying how Rick Mirer was going to be a HOF qb after his first year in Seattle. I am more of a Hawk fan then you will ever be and have been since the early 80's. I love Wilson but I am still enamored with Luck and what he did with virtually no weapons outside of an aging Reggie Wayne. And yes Bruce still is as raw as the day I first posted my displeasure of that pick which was around 2 days after we selected him. Homer.

hooray the rick mirer argument
56.4 pass completion percentage, 5.8 yards per attempt, 12 TDs 17 INTs 2833 yards.

Eerily similar!
to the season Mark Sanchez just had

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Did anyone listen to Colin Cowherd today? He ranked RW in the top 5 of QBs in the NFL TODAY.
I know he is a homer ... but, I could have digged top 10 .... but top 5?
To say that RW was impressive in the playoffs is an understatement.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I wonder if QBs don't get hit or injured, when they are IN the pocket. I rather have a RW (who can escape the blitz) than guys like Drew Bledsoe.
I have been watching RW since his Frenchman year at NC State. A lot of people still believe that what he did yesterday was "luck".

RW has now played 2 playoff games, and hasn't thrown a real Interception (to me, the hail marry isn't really an INT). He once went 300+ passes in college without throwing an INT. It is scary to think, RW will only get better.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
This isn't even a little close.

Wilson had a better season even though they kept him in check the first half+. Luck had the complete offense day one.

Luck could go down as a great QB, but I'm looking for the best.

Gifted1

Reaction score
seabowl":mtm67jox said:
Gifted1":mtm67jox said:
Seabowl is a troll. I'm expecting another Bruce Irvin hate thread soon from him. :roll:

Yeah and you were probably saying how Rick Mirer was going to be a HOF qb after his first year in Seattle. I am more of a Hawk fan then you will ever be and have been since the early 80's. I love Wilson but I am still enamored with Luck and what he did with virtually no weapons outside of an aging Reggie Wayne. And yes Bruce still is as raw as the day I first posted my displeasure of that pick which was around 2 days after we selected him. Homer.

1. Create a ridiculous thread to get a rise
2. Defend your 'stance' to virtually every member
3. Rinse & repeat

Have fun seatroll :lol:

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
If you picked Luck - you are probably a huge college football fan.

I am not and having judged them on their pro performance - there is no contest at this point.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Gifted1":2evloe34 said:
seabowl":2evloe34 said:
Gifted1":2evloe34 said:

1. Create a ridiculous thread to get a rise
2. Defend your 'stance' to virtually every member
3. Rinse & repeat

Have fun seatroll :lol:

1. Thread wasn't created to get a rise (looks like at this moment 13 other members agree)
2. Defended the stance.
3. I will admit my opinion was wrong if proven wrong. Will you?
4. Just be respectful as most on this board and you won't receive snide remarks back.

Bipolar

Reaction score
Wilson, but it is extremely close!

just the fact alone that we have this poll to begin with is amazing.

PS: I am also curious to see how deep into the playoffs will Kaepernick take the 9ers...

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
Already knew who i was picking before the screen loaded. Wilson by a mile. He is a winner and will always work his ass off to make sure he is always at his best. This is his team and he is the face of this franchise.

Giblien

Reaction score
I would take Wilson over any qb in the league at this point. His heart, head, age, work ethic, skills and character make him the best overall qb in the league.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
TDOTSEAHAWK":1vf3owpa said:
If you picked Luck - you are probably a huge college football fan.

I am not and having judged them on their pro performance - there is no contest at this point.

Thing is, Wilson had better numbers coming out of college than Luck. Look at his TD/INT ratio. Look at his completion percentage. Look at his record quarterback rating. Both in the same year, and yet Wilson was better there too.

Wilson flat out mopped the floor with Luck, especially in the pros, where it counts a little more. He tied Manning's TD record in a year where he wasn't even given a full playbook to play with half the season. He was completely hampered by the coaches the first half of the year, and still put up ridiculous numbers.

I wonder, to the OP: next year, when Wilson doubles his offensive output from this year and Luck regresses, will you still think this way?

NYCoug

Reaction score
I take Hustle Wilson, hands down. There isn't a player in the NFL I would trade him for.

Zowert

Reaction score
Luck kind of reminds me of a young Matt Hasselbeck, so Wilson. For the love of god WILSON!

Luck seems like a guy that is going to be a good QB with a long career, but never elite like Manning/Brady/Brees. Luck will throw too many interceptions throughout his career. Like Hass did at times. Throwing three awful picks in one game.

Zowert

Reaction score
seabowl":16dlpo8u said:
hgwellz12":16dlpo8u said:
For the LUCK voters at least let your nuts hang and make your argument in the thread.

Again although I love Wilson his style of play can and will eventually lead to injury (see RGIII, Vick, etc...). Luck is that classic passer with off the chart intangibles. Long term history says he should have an incredible career. Russ can too but the running thing really scares me which is why holding onto Flynn would make sense. Just my opinion with which the last I checked in this great country I am still entitled to.

Not sure if I agree with this (RW's style of play leading to injury). Why? Because Wilson is tougher than RG3 and Vick. He is also built differently and he's shown he is as tough as they come throughout his college career and now his rookie season.

Not only is Wilson tougher than RG3, Vick and those types of QB's. But he plays with more intelligence. He only takes a hit when he absolutely HAS to. When the game is on the line and he needs that extra yard for a 1st down. Other than that, he'll slide or run out of bounds. On top of that, Russ knows how to take a hit. He turns his shoulder into the defender and tucks his arms in to put much of the blow into his center mass. Instead of diving head first (RG3) or trying to make the last juke and end up getting hit low (Vick).

I'm not saying RW is invincible. I'm just saying, by the way he plays is different than the injury prone Vick and now RG3. The only thing he has in common with those guys, is obviously his ability to scramble (buy time to throw) or take off and run with the ball. Russell Wilson is constantly looking down field, using his peripheral vision to sense pressure. While RG3 makes two reads; not open, okay time to run it myself. Vick scrambles and makes reads, buying time. But he is the type of player that hates throwing the ball away, sliding or simply going down to avoid a hit/fumble/loss of yards. So Vick ends up taking some brutal hits. He runs like he's a RB. Problem is, Vick is not built like a tailback and ends up getting hurt.

strohmin

Reaction score
Wilson is the QB I have been waiting for. His work ethic will take him far beyond what luck will accomplish.

Latest posts