If you could choose 1 Qb for our future, Wilson or Luck?

So would you rather have Wilson or Luck?

• Wilson

Votes: 133 88.7%
  • Luck

Votes: 17 11.3%

• Total voters

Twisted

Reaction score
Stuje1":2jlony8o said:
You can talk about "potential" all you want, but you also need to go out in the field and prove it. Look at all the first rd draft QBs that theoretically had all the potential in the world but tanked. Not saying Luck isn't good, but in the year we have seen these two QBs actually go out and prove their worth:

Regular Season
Completion %:
Wilson - 64.1
Luck - 54.1

YPA:
Wilson - 7.93
Luck - 6.98

TDs:
Wilson - 26
Luck - 23

INTS:
Wilson - 10
Luck - 18

Passer Rating:
Wilson - 100 (4th best in the NFL)
Luck - 76.5 (26th in the NFL)

Rushing:
Wilson - 489 yds
Luck - 255 yds

Playoff Wins:
Wilson - 1 (and did enough to almost earn 2)
Luck - 0

Without even getting into Wilson's much better playoff stats and much better stats against common opponents, I think the above speaks volumes enough. The game is played on the field, not based on the player's draft pick.

lets not forget all that against TOUGHER TEAMS, SOS does mean something in this league, regardless, what does not kill you makes you stronger!!!

Gifted1

Reaction score
Seabowl is a troll. I'm expecting another Bruce Irvin hate thread soon from him. :roll:

tacomahawk

Reaction score
The greatest thing about the comments on here, is that I can honestly say there isn't homerism involved. This kid is the real deal. I literally haven't stopped smiling since the Packer game in regards to his development and maturity. He is the type of guy you want to watch during the game, and have a beer with after the game. He is the type of guy I would be thrilled if my daughters married. I only wish I had my head screwed on half as good as he does when I was that age. He is truly Mannnnnnn

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Gifted1":3v8m5k8l said:
Seabowl is a troll. I'm expecting another Bruce Irvin hate thread soon from him. :roll:

Yeah and you were probably saying how Rick Mirer was going to be a HOF qb after his first year in Seattle. I am more of a Hawk fan then you will ever be and have been since the early 80's. I love Wilson but I am still enamored with Luck and what he did with virtually no weapons outside of an aging Reggie Wayne. And yes Bruce still is as raw as the day I first posted my displeasure of that pick which was around 2 days after we selected him. Homer.

Twisted

Reaction score
The Battle #83":1uhv769t said:
the only one i would take over Wilson is Rodgers.

why? Wilson is just as good as Mr. Rodgers only on his way in, not on his way out?

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
hgwellz12":23482r0i said:
For the LUCK voters at least let your nuts hang and make your argument in the thread.

Again although I love Wilson his style of play can and will eventually lead to injury (see RGIII, Vick, etc...). Luck is that classic passer with off the chart intangibles. Long term history says he should have an incredible career. Russ can too but the running thing really scares me which is why holding onto Flynn would make sense. Just my opinion with which the last I checked in this great country I am still entitled to.

PascoHawk

Reaction score
Only other QB I would trade Wilson for at this point is Rodgers. That is it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson is such a workaholic and student of the game, he is unflappable and has a chip on his shoulder. Luck is good but long term Wilson is always going to be pushing that window, he won't ever stop and say he made it because so many are always telling him he can't. He lifted this team up where I think the Colts more or less cleared a pathway for Luck and compensated in many areas.

kearly

Reaction score
I thought Wilson was better than Luck BEFORE THE DRAFT. I just didn't grade him that high because of the "unknown" factor that came with his height. You go back and watch game compilation videos of Wilson and Luck in college, Wilson was clearly the better, more battle tested QB. And I think he's widened that gap further this season.

Really, I am not even sure if Luck's ceiling is higher. Arm wise they are about the same. Mobility wise Wilson is better. Mentally Wilson is better. Intangibles for Wilson are better. Height and durability are the only things I can think of where I'd grade Luck better, but Wilson has proven durable over 5 football seasons and height has been a nearly negligible factor.

I think Luck is going to grow into being a Eli Manning caliber QB. Wilson is on a trajectory to become not just an elite QB, but maybe the Joe Montana of this era. A QB that everyone acknowledges is the best in the game during his prime. That is Wilson's ceiling, and it's also where he's heading.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wilson and it's not even close. In fact, it's a joke to even think there is a better ALL AROUND QB in the NFL right now. That ain't blinders people, that's truth.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think they're both going to be great QBs. I would bet that they're both going to win at least 1 Superbowl. I just wouldnt want this being the face of our franchise. Dude's f'ugly!

Untitled 7 zps91d98518

tacomahawk

Reaction score
seabowl":3qw2eaih said:
hgwellz12":3qw2eaih said:
For the LUCK voters at least let your nuts hang and make your argument in the thread.

Again although I love Wilson his style of play can and will eventually lead to injury (see RGIII, Vick, etc...). Luck is that classic passer with off the chart intangibles. Long term history says he should have an incredible career. Russ can too but the running thing really scares me which is why holding onto Flynn would make sense. Just my opinion with which the last I checked in this great country I am still entitled to.

Wilson didn't do a single thing in the second half of yesterday's game, that other QBs do to further risk injury. All he did was make other QBs look stupid in regards to where he is after 18 NFL games. He was for the most part a pocket QB that had to scramble at times due to poor protection. How did he do in in his second playoff game, he only threw for more yards than he did all season. He can kill you passing or running. I guess he chose passing.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
seabowl":s0lbytmm said:
hgwellz12":s0lbytmm said:

I dont think he took a single big hit this year. If you're smart about moving and running then you wont take nearly as many big hits as a pure pocket passer.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I have to agree with the general sentiment: Wilson, and it's not even close.

I too, would not consider trading Wilson for anyone else in the league. The kid is going to be a very special player for many years to come. We lucked out, our front office hit a grand slam home run in this last draft.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3v86vd6k said:
seabowl":3v86vd6k said:
hgwellz12":3v86vd6k said:

I dont think he took a single big hit this year. If you're smart about moving and running then you wont take nearly as many big hits as a pure pocket passer.

If he runs as much as he needed to this year he will get hit and raise his chances of sustaining a decent injury. I do not agree that pocket passers take more hits as you had stated. I hope he is the savior we have waited so long for but only time will tell.

Sac

Reaction score
Peyton Manning has had 4 neck surgeries.

At least RW can escape pressure, classic pocket passers are what they are because they can't move the way Wilson does.

We just got really lucky that Wilson can sling the ball with the best of them and he also happens to have some wheels.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
bellingerga":pder2ynj said:
I have to agree with the general sentiment: Wilson, and it's not even close.

I too, would not consider trading Wilson for anyone else in the league. The kid is going to be a very special player for many years to come. We lucked out, our front office hit a grand slam home run in this last draft.

I hear you, I hope so too. We never know what will happen, I just know I am Charley freaking Bucket from Willy Wonka and we got a golden ticket. Whatever comes I 3elieve

Go Hawks